Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Do previous season results influence next budget?

ANDRES FC

Hi!

Relatively new to the gave so sorry if this has been discussed. What are the factors that influence my next years transfer budget? Is it some random number set for each club or does it change depending on clubs previous results?

I have played 1 season with Inter Milan. At the beginning I had transfer budget of 43M EUR, after winning the league title the first year, the next years budget is 23M EUR. Kind of confused - why is it so low? I have a large stadium - San Siro, had a great season, but budget is small. (No I don't have superstars with huge sallaries in my club and I have left only 20 players on my team so the team is not large).

So what influences next years budget:

1. Some set number in the system for each club?

2. Previous season sports results and tiltes?

3. Does leftover transfer money from previous season is transffered to next season (had left with 7M EUR last year for transfers, so my new actual transfer budget is only 16M EUR and that is after winning the legue :( ). does previous unspend budget transfers to next year?

Great game, but would appretiate answer on this one.

There is no set number it is kind of generated by results but it is mostly generated by club/league reputation. Clubs have a reputation and your wealth also help set the budgets. Sometimes if you win the league/don't spend much money teams are happy to cut the budget as they think the squad is good enough.

ok - I see that Italy is 5th in current league standarts. What influences league ratings - results of Italian clubs or results of national team?

Rating is weird. England and Italy behind Portugal. France, Holland 8 and 10.

1. Spain

2. Germany

3. Brazil

4. Portugal

5. Italy

6. England

7. Russia

8. France

9. Ukrain

10. Holland

And where can I see club reputation?

Edited by ANDRES FC

Still not answered:

1. Does not spent transfer budget does to next season or it does not influence the next years budget? Thus:

a. Is there a point of saving money over the years or

b. I have to buy players for all the money I have even if I don't need them just to sell at the beginning of next year to transfer the funds this way (which is weird by the way) :)

Results of the Italian clubs in Europe over a number of years influences the standings.

I believe it does have a weighting but you won't get all of the budget + new budget. It may lead you to having a higher budget though.

You could just transfer into wage budget to get more transfer budget.

Still not answered:

1. Does not spent transfer budget does to next season or it does not influence the next years budget? Thus:

a. Is there a point of saving money over the years or

b. I have to buy players for all the money I have even if I don't need them just to sell at the beginning of next year to transfer the funds this way (which is weird by the way) :)

No you cant save money over the years. However Dec indicated the best way to handle this. Just before creating a new season, move your unused transfer budget into wages. When the board meets to decide your budget for the coming season, it wont take into account how much you have sitting in the wages budget so will allocate you an amount for transfers. You can then move money allocated for wages back into the transfer budget.

Buying cheap players who you know will improve to be sold the following season is also a neat way to make a profit. Offering contracts to promising greyed out players in your academy (when you get one) is another way to do this too. This is a business model used by a number of clubs in real life. How many players do Chelsea have out on loan?

Achieving success off the field eg improving your stadium should lead to long term increases in your budget.

Achieving success on the field will too

It must do.

I am in the 2029/30 season with Leamington. This year I got £72m to spend. The year before I had £9m but I won the Premier League and the UCL.