Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Superb tactic so far

lreed

Hi all been a fan of this site for a while but never posted any topics. However this is not my tactic as used billys mega tactic from fmh2014 with my West ham side. I'm currently top of the prem after 29 games have won the carling cup and still going strong in Europea, not sure if this has been discussed but wanted to share with everyone as this has been wonderful for me and see if anyone else has had the same success I would also like to point out that I have only bought 2 players which was aluko from Hull and Ronaldinho. Have tried to attach screenshots but not sure if it's worked. All the best

DSC_0266.JPG

DSC_0265.JPG

DSC_0264.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

DSC_0260.JPG

2 hours ago, Talisman said:

I will guess this is for original engine then?

Yes that's how I created it on FMH15

Just to make the OP's pictures a little more clear for those that want to give it a go.

BvocBQr.png

My team instructions differ slightly asni don't press but I do play offside trap. This comes down to the quality, speed and decision making ability of your defenders.

NcVpwaP.png

@lreed has some very nice results with the tactic. Hsee is a quick half season blast with a top team. No squad rotation or resting. All my attackers tired and in need of rest and half the squad are unhappy with their contracts and want to leave. EVERYBODY hates Ribery lol. In short not the best environment to test a tactic to its fullest.

OnjkLf2.png5fxlwNh.png

As in FMH15 please give it at least 10 games to bed in as it's a slightly weird setup.

CM needs to be a good all round player that can attack and defend. 

Wide forwards need to be creative winger type players that can score and NOT out and out target men.

If playing against teams that sit deep with to central kids in the defensive midfield position, switch to short passing. If the midfield is packed with ball winners and B2b players then go direct.

Edited by billy2shots

Yeah I can't fault it one bit, I won 4 trophies in the first season @billy2shots and as I said I bought Ronaldinho and aluko, I had to promote a couple of youth players aswell as players did tire out very quickly but guessing that's due to the fact of my season finished up with 72 games I did use the intensive training aswell, but is well worth a try 

Hey folks, don't normally post on here but have been trying a number of tactics this year on the original engine of fmm16. I have tried the tactic posted by billy2shots in the post above and remember your amazing tactic from FMH15. 

My poacher seems to be scoring bucketloads and the tactic creates lots of chances and is fairly decent at the back. Here is a photo of a recent friendly (I know opposition are rubbish!)

This was only the second game with the tactic applied - mostly auto pick with a few players handpicked myself. Using intensive training as I am planning on getting my rangers team back to the top of the Scottish Premiership. 

Here is another picture of the number of shots. My poacher got 8 goals!!!!!! What!!!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.1c87e1f47f1ce1bcf96f131image.thumb.jpeg.0ea114ab0bf5ad7a92cfa37

I am going to be testing this tactic with Rangers as stated previously and will post my results soon. 

Thanks for posting and introducing me to this tactic folks. Very much appreciated. 

Edited by MadMarshall88

The tactic was built for scoring 1000 goals with the poacher as well as completing a combined 1500 goals from the front 3.  As such it heavily relies on the poacher, if he is inconsistent or having a bad day then the tactic can struggle. 

Have a couple of decent poachers and don't be scared of subbing your front man if he is missing loads of chances. 

Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to seeing your results. 

Looks like a really interesting tactic.  As always with these formations that use the top corner positions I ask is it fine to have dark green players in those positions? Bright green is rare in those roles, especially for low budget teams. 

After 1 full season with Rangers in the Scottish championship I went unbeaten. No loads and all very legitimate. I was very surprised. I won all cups available to be as well with a suprise 3-2 win over Celtic.

Great tactic. I kept moral high by talking to all players who's moral was below superb and praising them. Also subbed players below a 7 rating at half time of a match always. See picture below of my unbeaten season! Hurrah! 

Still think this formation can be further improved. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Replying to the dark green status question. Its fine to put dark green suited players there but make sure they have OK finishing and crossing. Something above 12 would be preferable. If not just go for it and see what happens. Sometimes players have hidden attributes that  makes them oddly amazing at a position they don't seem to be suited too. 

image.png

Edited by MadMarshall88

Going to give this tactic a go with Sassuolo. Only made 2 signings in Cubas for BWM and Chavez as a back up LF. Will use Pressing without off-side trap as the two stock cb's are rather slow. 

Will let you know how it turns out. 

6 hours ago, Alice in Hangeland said:

Looks like a really interesting tactic.  As always with these formations that use the top corner positions I ask is it fine to have dark green players in those positions? Bright green is rare in those roles, especially for low budget teams. 

Dont worry too much about colours. It's all to do with stats. 

Please read the first post at least from the following. 

I would advise trying the different team instructions before deciding what setup to run . Remember the D line will drop back a bit with offside off. 

Edited by billy2shots

In December of my first season with Sassuolo using this tactic and so far very happy. Was set a target of 'Respectable League Position' so I think 6th is great! Especially as the squad seriously lacks depth, the front 3 of Sansone-Defrel-Berrardi (of course) are great but hardly ever all play together. Sansone has been injured for 80% of the games so far. Cubas is bossing the BWM but other than him my best CM is a £1.5m 29 yr old with an average rating of 6.93. 

It's really exciting to think of how powerful this tactic could be once I get some proper players. 

Screenshot_2015-12-28-12-33-18.png

2 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Doing well @Alice in Hangeland especially as Italy is this tactics downfall. Build that team up and you should dominate Juve in no time. 

@billy2shots Thanks mate. How come Italy is where this tactic suffers, because of the 5 at the back formations?

I'm in January now and since Sansone has come back as my first choice LF I've climbed up to 2nd in the table!

The tactic is built to score goals. The Italian league is built to concede as few as possible. Too many teams playing defensively, 3 at the back or the AI's devastating (cheating) 4-4-1-1. 

Look at how many goal based challenges have been completed in Italy over the last two versions of the game. Think the total stands at 0. Sorry if I'm mistaken I remember UkFootballScore getting close with a double trouble and he may have completed it. 

43 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

The tactic is built to score goals. The Italian league is built to concede as few as possible. Too many teams playing defensively, 3 at the back or the AI's devastating (cheating) 4-4-1-1. 

Look at how many goal based challenges have been completed in Italy over the last two versions of the game. Think the total stands at 0. Sorry if I'm mistaken I remember UkFootballScore getting close with a double trouble and he may have completed it. 

Ah right yeah, you are right about that. Coming up against mostly defensive formations with a lot of men behind the ball, but it doesn't seem to be slowing me down. I don't want to flood someone else's thread with talking about myself but check this run of results out. 

Haven't  bought anybody in January. Have loaned Niang and Bakkali. Beat Inter, Juve, Fiorentina, Milan, Roma. I'm just more and more impressed with this tactic,  hopefully it's not a flash in the pan! 

Screenshot_2015-12-28-13-52-55.png

Edited by Alice in Hangeland

Haha, the most replied to tactic of FMH15 over 300 replies. A few people declaring it as the tactic of 15. Don't think it's a flash in the pan mate. 

Enjoy it while you can because when the patch /update comes out it will struggle as SI change things to keep people guessing. 

Edited by billy2shots

Well finished my first season and am stunned at how well it's done considering Sassuolo's thin squad, minimal budget and dealing with injuries to big players. 

Finished 2nd and won the Italian Cup. Juve ran away but I was clear in 2nd a long way above 3rd. 

2nd season been given decent money so will improve the CM and AP and get a LCMF that isn't made from glass. 

Thanks @billy2shots and @lreed. This tactic has restored my enjoyment of fm16 :) 

Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-09-01.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-18-48-08.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-18-48-21.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-18-48-25.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-18-48-29.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-18-50-04.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-18-50-08.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-18-50-14.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-18-50-17.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-00-09.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-00-17.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-04-15.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-09-01.png

2nd with Sassulo, that's a great result. If you get given mega money then think about a right forward so Berardi can play through the middle. 

First thing I would do is improve the training facilities as the board should grant that request due to you overachieving. That way you may get a few decent regens to bolster your squad. 

Well played!

39 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

2nd with Sassulo, that's a great result. If you get given mega money then think about a right forward so Berardi can play through the middle. 

First thing I would do is improve the training facilities as the board should grant that request due to you overachieving. That way you may get a few decent regens to bolster your squad. 

Well played!

Thanks man, it's your doing mainly! You'd suggest playing Berardi  at P even though Difrel  had a stunner of a season? Any suggestions on right forwards?. I'm looking at Pavon for my left forward as  I need someone reliable and my scout says he has world class potential. 

I've also got Pratto for £5m which is a steal! 

Board agreed to upgrade training facilities too so looking good! 

To be honest I have no experience with Difrel so he could be brilliant but a goal a game is the minimum you want to be looking at from your poacher. 

For the wide forwards I look for movement, dribbling, shooting and crossing. All 15 but the younger players may need time to get there. 

I actually started a 1k challenge with Pavon as a poacher but looks like he could play wide. He's young though so be careful you don't fill your team with youth or you may not get the best out of your players. I love Brandt, Roberts type players as my wide forwards rather than strikers. Llalic from Roma is also decent if available. The German bloke from Hoofenhiem is brilliant but can't remember his name. Can play left or right. 

7 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

To be honest I have no experience with Difrel so he could be brilliant but a goal a game is the minimum you want to be looking at from your poacher. 

For the wide forwards I look for movement, dribbling, shooting and crossing. All 15 but the younger players may need time to get there. 

I actually started a 1k challenge with Pavon as a poacher but looks like he could play wide. He's young though so be careful you don't fill your team with youth or you may not get the best out of your players. I love Brandt, Roberts type players as my wide forwards rather than strikers. Llalic from Roma is also decent if available. The German bloke from Hoofenhiem is brilliant but can't remember his name. Can play left or right. 

You mean Volland. I guess. ;) And i used him he's brilliant really.

2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Thanks for the quick replys :)

Did Pavon do well after he grew up a few years? He's inconsistent at the moment but shows brilliance every 2 or 3 games. Pratto is fantastic in all 3 positions across the front. I want to take your advice and play Berardi in the middle but he has less shooting than both Difrel and Pratto at the moment. 

I really want Ljajic and Jovetic but they are out of my budget and their sides won't sell to a serie a rival side. Volland  has gone to Real :( . I'll play on with the side I've got and get back to you, thanks for all the help.  

32 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

What players are you playing in what positions?

Have you made any signings?

what engine are you play

what do you mean engine ?

I have just downloaded of the play store..

I have signed hulk, lavessi, sneider. De rossi

Iplay

Depay  Rooney hulk or martial lavessi hulk

SSneider, swinsiger 

CCarrick 

Sorry about the spelling it's my phone

Edited by justinio868
missing a player

There are 2 match engines. When you load the game, select preferences and then press match engine. 

The two choices are Original engine or Enhanced engine. 

This tactic was built for the Original engine. A quick way to see what engine you are currently using is by looking when you play a match. 

If you have 'Clear cut Chances' in your match stats then you are using the enhanced engine as the original engine doesn't have clear cut chances. 

Edited by billy2shots
1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

What players are you playing in what positions?

Have you made any signings?

what engine are you plAy

yeh i haehave clear cut chances, so could this be the reason am not scoring