Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Taff's 32221

Taff

OK guys after the other tactic I made worked the one season at Juventus the second season didn't pan out so well so I created something else, now I'm in the process of testing this tactic across three separate saves (Juventus, AC Milan and Arsenal) admittedly big teams but I'll see how there seasons go before running further tests.  

If this looks like any other tactic out there I'm unaware of it

Again if anyone would like to test or has any advice then let me know

Here's the tactic and instructions

IMG_5718.thumb.PNG.319fe0bad64eeb0929ab0IMG_5719.thumb.PNG.a90e4975574885ce0656c

So I'll post once I've completed the three seasons 

Cheers

Edited by Taff

Ok I just made a tactic I was all happy about and then I look and yours is exactly almost the same !!! Lol 

i swear I wasn't copying . 

I find this shape seems to tear it up .

Just now, Stephen Thomas Sb said:

Ok I just made a tactic I was all happy about and then I look and yours is exactly almost the same !!! Lol 

i swear I wasn't copying . 

I find this shape seems to tear it up .

That's cool dude let me know how you get in mines doing ok could be better though

What problems are you having ? I have been tweaking mine since the update . From your set up , I don't like two INF , plus adding two BPD at the back ramps up goal scoring opportunities 

8 hours ago, theundergoat said:

What engine?

Enhanced engine

8 hours ago, rseven said:

Hi Taff, what is the point of this tactics?

Good Defensing + Counter Attacking?

Yeah but also just wanted to try a new tactic seems to work well with fast IF/PCR combo but truthfully never had a point just wanted to try something new

3 hours ago, ministryofsillywalks said:

Hows the tests coming on Taff?

Good fella I'll post half season tables for all three teams by tomorrow 

Ok here's how my three teams are doing at the beginning of January 

image.thumb.png.364b12b8ea76ccfd09ceee6aimage.thumb.png.6990b51544799c2370dd0fc1image.thumb.png.4e7f1bd47cc10a898bab7587

the only changes from the OP is that the two outside CD's are now BPD's to help get the team moving from the back quicker

image.thumb.png.3e393f669975fb3f24ef065c

I'll post full season results once there done

Edited by Taff
1 hour ago, Stephen Thomas Sb said:

I like to use wingers instead of wingbacks , seems to add more attack without hindering defense. Do both inside Forwards score a lot?

They do share a good amount of the goals I'm waiting till the seasons done then change the WB's for DW's and the AP for a BBM to see how that works 

Well finished all three seasons and here's how we got on

AC Milan

IMG_5750.thumb.PNG.13cf644f28ffeff416e37

So thanks to a end of season win we manage to lift the title, it was very close all season but they pull through

Juventus

IMG_5769.thumb.PNG.d5c166ac427be89423bd4

More draws for Juve than Milan but again we lift the title 

Arsenal

IMG_5786.thumb.PNG.a9bac9fc04adef07a7abd

And Arsenal make it three from three

Now the tactic could definitely be better so any thought's my main problem seems to be the midfield as I'm constantly getting the "Midfield failed to retain possession" message in the post game analysis

So please any advice on how to make this a stronger formation

Edited by Taff

So I've decided since I'm doing this tactic over three saves I'm going to tweak the tactic slightly for each team and see if any work better than the original (note that PSG have replaced Juventus as I am in the middle of the follow the Zlat challenge and have swapped clubs as part of that challenge)

AC Milan

image.thumb.png.10ac3e37fed12123c1a92f89image.thumb.png.bcfb029bb8dd17cfa77e1015

So for my Milan team I have swapped my Midfield pair to try and keep the ball also changed to two CD's and a LD to have a no nonsense back three and one of my IF's has become my AP

as for instructions I want an attacking team and the ball to get out wide more

Arsenal

image.thumb.png.c5dac859dc990d5d3ebaba10image.thumb.png.c07239e9d835070f07cf9acc

with Arsenal I have gone for a W/ADF and changed the back three to what I think is a more stable set with one BPD and two CD's 

the instructions call for shorter passing and attacking mentality

PSG

image.thumb.png.1f7c34c6391f1b23150c43bbimage.thumb.png.b29586d1b3ecfba640bb3a44

with PSG I've swapped the WB's for DW's and my BWM for CM and the P for a Teq to bring him looking for the ball a bit more

I've kept the instructions the same

Hopefully using three sets of formations I can get a better idea of what works and what doesn't and eventually create a superior tactic

Actually, to test all different roles in the tactic, I would recommend using the same team and same save and play with the same team in different saves with different tactics. While this will not give them exact same consistency or comparability, it will help better understand what works and what not.

9 hours ago, vbase said:

Actually, to test all different roles in the tactic, I would recommend using the same team and same save and play with the same team in different saves with different tactics. While this will not give them exact same consistency or comparability, it will help better understand what works and what not.

OK cheers dude, I'll run the test with Arsenal and swap the tactic's at the end of the season then re-run the season with the same team

Does anyone think this would work better as a 41221?

GK

FB CD CD FB

BWM

CM  AP

W               IF

P

Honestly I think you'd be better sticking with your 3 at the back formation and working on that, there's countless 41221 formations about.

2 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Honestly I think you'd be better sticking with your 3 at the back formation and working on that, there's countless 41221 formations about.

since it's you @Mikee1984 I'll keep it altought I'm testing it with my Arsenal save and it's doing ok but with PSG and AC Milan I'll work out the kinks on my 32221

Yh it's the originality of the original 32221 that's good mate and looks worth working on, I'm about to test a slightly tweaked version of this tactic with a mid team see how it goes.

12 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Yh it's the originality of the original 32221 that's good mate and looks worth working on, I'm about to test a slightly tweaked version of this tactic with a mid team see how it goes.

let me know how you get on I've tweaked it and seems ok just struggling to get my forward involved as much as i'd like

I ran some tests and was having some fairly good success with the following version of my tactic 

IMG_5833.thumb.PNG.96445c752043599b06eadIMG_5828.thumb.PNG.c15c805346bd5e698bb4d

But after a good conversation with @Dec and @Dar J they suggested some alterations and here's what we have.  I changed the tactic according to the help from the above mentioned to the following

IMG_5827.thumb.PNG.221c2353c38f59e0d881cIMG_5828.thumb.PNG.c15c805346bd5e698bb4d

So changing the DW's for WB's, my CM pair to a CM and BBM and one IF to a W and my PCR to an ADF but keeping the instructions that same, below are some results from a 15 game run using this altered tactic 

IMG_5825.thumb.PNG.bd051108403167cb8257eIMG_5826.thumb.PNG.ddc241c82f589849e3ad5

My forward seemed to be doing better and we were scoring more per game, but we had some big losses to, so I decided to alter a few things and run the same 15 games again, here's the altered instructions and player roles

IMG_5832.thumb.PNG.8e3870b4a77472eb8e958IMG_5831.thumb.PNG.578cc59675e202ffc2734

So the only real changes were replacing my BBM with an ADP and my W back to an IF and swapped my back three for two BPD's and one CD and changed the team mentality to balanced

here's the results from the same 15 game run

IMG_5829.thumb.PNG.a92fb20694d5291454a15IMG_5830.thumb.PNG.5f58640e243cb6df84689

better results with only 2 draws and no losses, but my forward's weren't producing the same goals so I need to find the combination between the two that will work best

Edited by Taff
2 hours ago, Taff said:

I ran some tests and was having some fairly good success with the following version of my tactic 

IMG_5833.thumb.PNG.96445c752043599b06eadIMG_5828.thumb.PNG.c15c805346bd5e698bb4d

But after a good conversation with @Dec and @Dar J they suggested some alterations and here's what we have.  I changed the tactic according to the help from the above mentioned to the following

IMG_5827.thumb.PNG.221c2353c38f59e0d881cIMG_5828.thumb.PNG.c15c805346bd5e698bb4d

So changing the DW's for WB's, my CM pair to a CM and BBM and one IF to a W and my PCR to an ADF but keeping the instructions that same, below are some results from a 15 game run using this altered tactic 

IMG_5825.thumb.PNG.bd051108403167cb8257eIMG_5826.thumb.PNG.ddc241c82f589849e3ad5

My forward seemed to be doing better and we were scoring more per game, but we had some big losses to, so I decided to alter a few things and run the same 15 games again, here's the altered instructions and player roles

IMG_5832.thumb.PNG.8e3870b4a77472eb8e958IMG_5831.thumb.PNG.578cc59675e202ffc2734

So the only real changes were replacing my BBM with an ADP and my W back to an IF and swapped my back three for two BPD's and one CD and changed the team mentality to balanced

here's the results from the same 15 game run

IIMG_5830.thumb.PNG.5f58640e243cb6df84689

better results with only 2 draws and no losses, but my forward's weren't producing the same goals so I need to find the combination between the two that will work best

Good results, if you want to involve the forward more in the games you can set him as the primary striker so the inside forwards won't think about scoring alone they may pass the ball instead. It depends also on how the striker moves, if he is marked and he doesn't try to get rid of the defenders the IFs would likely shoot

Have the WBs gotten any assists? 

Edited by Dar J

The WB's have been much better than DW's I'll try the trick with the forward, also switching to balanced mentality seems to have helped

Using this now for South Vanarama side 'Lewes' after getting sacked from Mansfield. So far I am 5th, which is great considering my team were predicted to be relegated! Thanks!

16 minutes ago, alfedwrds10 said:

Using this now for South Vanarama side 'Lewes' after getting sacked from Mansfield. So far I am 5th, which is great considering my team were predicted to be relegated! Thanks!

Don't forget to reserve a back up tactic 

2 hours ago, alfedwrds10 said:

Hope it works out dude I'm still testing at the moment but hopefully I'll get a solid combo of all the alterations and let you know