Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career An American Odyssey-Chesterfield FC

Ok here goes my first attempt at a story on here as I'll be starting with Chesterfield in League 1 hoping to be the first American manager to coach in the BPL . Should start this tonite with more info just wanted to get thread up ..

image.png

image.jpeg

Edited by DIRECTFX

Well first look at the club and they are over budget so first thing I need to do is sell/loan ASAP . Perfect candidate was Humphrey as he is way too old to be playing and surprisingly he sold pretty fast to Stockport for peanuts but I was able to put his wages back into the budget . Then I saved a bit more money by loaning out 3 youngsters I have hi hopes for the future but they aren't just ready and it's better they find playing time plus all 3 had 100% salary covered by the teams that took them on loan . Ariyibi besides being a prospect for my club I'm hopeful he can get capped for the USMNT as I will try to acquire more and see if I can always have one on the team but it's difficult as most American players need work permits and ones that don't are decent enough players they have hi transfer fees and wages. Hopefully Dieseruvwe and Simmons will combine with Ariyibi and I will have a nice attacking force for the future. 

Season 1 Board Expectations:

image.png

image.png

Edited by DIRECTFX
Pics

With the budget now out of the red I will rely this season mainly on veterans with cheap youngsters thrown in for depth from other clubs and also use my reserve/academy team and sign some of the ghost players and hope to strike gold and one becomes a good player. I think signing a couple every year from your reserves even if they aren't great and just wind up being depth/emergency players or released adds a bit of realism as clubs don't usually ignore their academy and only sign players from other clubs like most careers do . I had to sign ST A.Bakayoko as he was cheap plus had good enough stats to play some games right away and being young he has room to grow. I think no big transfers maybe couple 30-50k or so players to keep depth as team is loaded with D/CDM players that can't just turnover all of them first window need to keep some consistency. 

Transfers as of Aug 17 2015:

( I use yearly wages and $US for financial settings) 

image.png

On July 27, 2016 at 01:27, Real_Random said:

Nice start mate

Thx going ok for a squad not very deep outside cm/cdm surprising we are scoring enough thought most games would be 2-1, 1-0, 1-1 types.

On July 27, 2016 at 02:09, AndersJ said:

Good luck and great start -:) whats your tactic and lineup :)?

Ill post that next with transfers done . Only problem is the tactic I wanna use I don't have a whole squad yet for so I've been basically making the best of what the squads strengths are and so far it's cm/cdm/def not much outside of those areas so I'm playing defensive style with a counter attack until I get a bigger budget and can sign more attacking players with some pace then I can use a tactic I want. 

Are you of the belief that a passive or balanced counter tactic like the 4411 or 442 that the AI uses can Do it all the way?

i Got promoted with a tactic that mentally should not have succeeded maybe, but it actually worked pretty ok, so im convinced that one can play controling ball also in LOne and Two although NOT having the Best players :)

4 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Are you of the belief that a passive or balanced counter tactic like the 4411 or 442 that the AI uses can Do it all the way?

i Got promoted with a tactic that mentally should not have succeeded maybe, but it actually worked pretty ok, so im convinced that one can play controling ball also in LOne and Two although NOT having the Best players :)

Well I have used a couple diff tactics so far one never thought would work but did was a narrow one with no wings and 1 fwd but the cdm cm somehow didn't get bogged down in midfield/center pitch as usually happens with no wide players.

i always have 4 regular def and 1 fwd as base so far then based on team and players available can go with wide AM for counter or counter up middle with 2x cdm , cm plus cam linking to foward up top so I guess they are 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 but not traditional so I don't use the normal counter as you would say . 

Summer Transfers Completed :

Had to spent a bit more than I wanted to to fill out squad depth . I also signed 4 x reserve players to roll the dice and maybe get lucky one turns out good and can get decent money selling em in future and if not just have them as emergency depth backups til I can get a squad of right types with enough depth to compete in leagues and cups. As you can see our extra spending now we have $0 transfer budget going into January but hopefully some players will be weeded out and I can sell em after finding out who fits and is quality enough to keep or not. Bit disappointed some loans and free agents fell apart as I couldn't afford or they didn't wanna play small club were free agents rejections and  big clubs no idea why they wouldn't loan me younger players up for loan yet other teams in the league got players even paying $0 wage for whole season.. 

Also have to decide about CDM C.Herd as he has odd contract expiring in Jan so need to decide if he is worth resigning as I will lose him for free since he leaves in January if I don't or can't resign him. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by DIRECTFX

Here's the team

First Team:

Reserves 

couple more results in which we hit the wall with a Cup game that we were just outmatched and amazing comeback to even get 3-3 draw as we scored 2 goals in extra time so kinda amazing game for a league draw. Hopefully can now focus the team on finding winning formula and no more transfer distractions til January. It could be tough but stay tuned.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png