Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Using Wide Midfielder

Nick11

NEED HELP 

What are the benefits of using wide midfielder instead of winger ? How using  WM impacts the game & which passing style suits while using WM ? 

Wide midfielder is like James Milner whom is like a central midfielder staying narrow compared to a winger. They also transition the ball forward through passing not running. I personally don't like using them but if you were to play short passing it would suit them.

20 minutes ago, Dec said:

That's interesting. Normally people seem to have issues with crossing when it comes to the WM role.

In my experience (wich isn't that much), they seem to cut in like an IF and pass the ball more like central players with through balls etc. Haven't seen them make that much crosses. But that might be down to Instructions and passing styles etc.

The AI always seems to make good work out of the WM's with their 442's and 451's...?

It just highlights my issue with the mystery of this game, we know so little as fact. We all have an opinion of what a role does but that's different from person to person. The in game help is useless and everything posted by fans is hearsay and myth. 

13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It just highlights my issue with the mystery of this game, we know so little as fact. We all have an opinion of what a role does but that's different from person to person. The in game help is useless and everything posted by fans is hearsay and myth. 

I agree with you there?

Because you can't state facts like that. Not in real life either I guess. Players and teams are always different from each other. The differences between tactics and formations, the style of play etc. There is too many variables to state any facts. The only thing we can share is our own personal experiences, but that might not mean anything...

Look at a Mourinho wide player who is expected to defend compared to a manager who uses a freer style. Tbh I've always seen a WM like a Mourinho style winger who will work hard and so on, with a winger being more attack minded and a defensive winger more of a wingback. But that's just my opinion which could be right, could be wrong but who knows lol. 

A winger to Jose isn't the same to Klopp, a B2B has different jobs to do for different managers and systems and so on. It's why I've always craved more options like we had on the PSP where we could tailer roles to our needs. Look at Henderson in a three man midfield, once we attack he goes to the right wing as an option, if the WM role was a CM option that's what I'd expect it to do, similar to Dec's original explanation. 

Tbh this mystery issue goes way past tactical roles but even to stats, we have next to know idea on how in game stats actually work, yes we can guess and have theories but only SI hold the keys. This game must be so unapproachable for completely new players as the game offers nothing to help, this is why Vibe is always answering questions but the issue is we can't answer them outside of theories a lot of the time.

As the game has got more broken/challenging/cheap/whatever you want to call it issues like this have really come to shine. We are being held back and forced into things due to how the engine works, yet we have no real idea how it works to adjust accordingly. 

But I would counter that with this is handheld/mobile.  I don't want to get mired in options for each position as that's not what handheld/mobile is about IMO.  I have my formation, and I have my roles and that's that.