Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Transfering a save to a different device

Hodael

Hey guys,

I just got a new phone, had a save on my LG g4 and I put quite some time on this one and I don't want to throw it away, I tried transferring the save files (slots 1 and 4) from the save files directory on the old phone to the save files directory on the new one (Xiaomi redmi note 4 if it matters), the files are in the directory, they're named correctly, however, when I open the game it does not read them.

I tried starting a new game to save it and see if the save goes in the same directory and has the same name, in case the problem lies there, but it went to the same directory and has the same name (and file type) except for the different slot number of course.

I would really appreciate your guys' help as I'm going on a long trip tomorrow and I'd like to continue playing my save.

Are the phones of a similar stature? - if the new one is a very old phone it might not support an extended database size BUT it should indicate that is the case when you attempt to load, what happens or are they just not visible?

1 minute ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Are the phones of a similar stature? - if the new one is a very old phone it might not support an extended database size BUT it should indicate that is the case when you attempt to load, what happens or are they just not visible?

I don't think this should be a problem of a weaker phone as the recommended engine on the new one is the EME as well (has 3 gb ram and deca-core processor of 2.1 GHz)

It just does not show the saves in the game, I can see it in the same folder as the save file I've made in the new phone itself but when I try to load a save file it only shows the ones made in this phone and not the ones I've transferred from the old one..

1 hour ago, Dec said:

Try turning your device off and on, see if it is a caching issue.

It worked, I feel stupid for not trying that before asking haha

Thanks Dec!