Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Increasing Club Reputation

HNCH

Hey,

I've started a career with Forest Green in the Vanarama League One. I've managed to get into the SkyBet League One trough back to back promotions.

Now I've been playing in that league for 2 seasons finishing mid table in both of them. And I feel I'm kind of hard stuck there.

The board is unwilling to agree with any of my requests (Improve budget, improve facilities, etc...).

The attendance is still the same as in the first season (2k). And it is really hard to attract good players due to the small budget (<1M / season), even though I brought in a lot of money trough buying & selling young players (+- 1,5M / season). 

Added to that there is also unhappiness of the star players because they are playing for a 'small' club. 

I've tried singing some more famous players (as much as my limited budget allows me) but this doesn't really seem to help.

Any tips for raising the reputation?

I'm having similar issues in my save with Llandudno in the Welsh league - I regularly qualify for the Champs League group stage but I'm finding it hard to push on to the next step without bringing in better players.

All I can suggest is keep bringing in money through transfer fees and banking your budget at the end of each season. Once you've built up enough cash you can offer higher wages and therefore attract better players, which in turn will hopefully push you on further up the leagues.

You will get that "board members are ecstatic with you and would agree to any request" thing if you are successful for 3 seasons in a row too, so you can use that to improve facilities.

1 hour ago, Mr.Manager said:

All I can suggest is keep bringing in money through transfer fees and banking your budget at the end of each season. Once you've built up enough cash you can offer higher wages and therefore attract better players, which in turn will hopefully push you on further up the leagues.

I'm pretty sure this is not true in FMM. Transfer budget is set each year without regard for how much money you had left. At least that's how it's been in previous versions. Can anyone confirm for this version?

1 minute ago, veerus said:

I'm pretty sure this is not true in FMM. Transfer budget is set each year without regard for how much money you had left. At least that's how it's been in previous versions. Can anyone confirm for this version?

It is mate. At the end of the season, transfer all of your budget to wages (i.e. leave nothing for transfer funds), then at the beginning of the next season you will have a new transfer allowance and the same amount available in wages. I've built up a budget of around £2.8m from practically nothing with Llandudno over several seasons.

2 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

It is mate. At the end of the season, transfer all of your budget to wages (i.e. leave nothing for transfer funds), then at the beginning of the next season you will have a new transfer allowance and the same amount available in wages. I've built up a budget of around £2.8m from practically nothing with Llandudno over several seasons.

Yes, you're right. That's one way to build up some much needed funds for low budget teams. But dunno tbh if I would want to see that 'fixed' or kept in the game.

It makes sense to roll over funds if you don't spend them. I've always had it disappear when I left it in the transfer budget. Thanks for the tip about moving it to wages. I love it as it will make me be more fiscally responsible since I know I will be rewarded for it long term. 

5 minutes ago, veerus said:

It makes sense to roll over funds if you don't spend them. I've always had it disappear when I left it in the transfer budget. Thanks for the tip about moving it to wages. I love it as it will make me be more fiscally responsible since I know I will be rewarded for it long term.

:D No worries! I only realised quite recently myself!

It worked for me everytime but once i was managing oxford city and transferred all my budget to wages that went to something 10k. but next season i was again given wage budget of 5k.