Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat What Regions Do You Scout In?

When and if you send your scouts out to look for new signings, what regions do you send your scouts in? UK and Ireland? Asia?

Personally, it depends on who I am managing. For example, if I was manager of Liverpool, I would scout in either southern Europe, eastern Europe or central Europe, as I already have a pretty wide knowledge on top players in England. If, however, I was manager of Salford City, I would ONLY scout in UK and Ireland, as it would be too risky buying foreign players when manager of a club lower down the ladder, and I don't have that good of a knowledge about lower league players.

I am always looking for players in East Europe, Scandinavia and South America (if work-permit isn't an issue). I find that South American players other than Brazilian and Argentinian often have high resale value.

I don't send scouts out. The information they provide clutters my news timeline with too many players I have no interest in. I do all the scouting by myself; searching by nationality, age, and with specific stat / attribute values. It makes signing a hidden gem all the more worthwhile knowing the amount of trouble I've gone to in order to find them.

Whenever I send scouts I don't use geographical restrains except the occasional Africa search, although I have later found gems by searching country by country that my Gold Scouts didn't.

In anycase. I would strongly suggest the Balkans (actually all ex-Yougoslavia states with a bit of Romania and Bulgaria) and South America apart from the expensive Brasil.