Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat An Enigmatic Player

9 hours ago, Dar J said:

I have 4 players with that weeknesses but I don't think it should be a weekness because it would be hard to predict his moves in game.

I think it becomes a weakness if you have 4 of them. I understand your point that they can win you games with their unpredictability but the opposite is true as well. They can lose you games if they don't follow your tactic. I like having 1 of those guys in the team but certainly not 4.

14 hours ago, Eogtuc0910 said:
enigmatic
ˌɛnɪɡˈmatɪk/
adjective

Thanks man. I know the meaning of the word, just found it intriguing with regards to a player

added 0 minutes later
14 hours ago, Dar J said:

I have 4 players with that weeknesses but I don't think it should be a weekness because it would be hard to predict his moves in game.

Well that's what I was thinking, someone like Cantona or Berbatov were enigmatic players and they're heroes!

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I think it becomes a weakness if you have 4 of them

This is a very good point. Still, it's on the individual player's weakness, which seems a little bit unfair

Well, you've got "Mercurial talent" which is a positive and "Enigmatic" which is a negative (in the game).

Mercurial describes someone whose mood or behavior is changeable and unpredictable, or someone who is clever, lively, and quick. With a mercurial teacher, you never know where you stand. Mercury was the ancient Roman god of commerce and messenger of the gods, and the planet Mercury was named after the Roman god.

Without getting into a long debate on the English language, I can see both terms as being positive or both as being negative, depending on how you apply them. As far as the game goes, I guess they used mercurial to represent players capable of flashes of brilliance and enigmatic to represent players who go a step to far and become a liability. 

But who knows what effect it has in the game. We can only guess.

On 08/03/2017 at 18:55, Scratch said:

Well, you've got "Mercurial talent" which is a positive and "Enigmatic" which is a negative (in the game).

Without getting into a long debate on the English language, I can see both terms as being positive or both as being negative, depending on how you apply them. As far as the game goes, I guess they used mercurial to represent players capable of flashes of brilliance and enigmatic to represent players who go a step to far and become a liability. 

But who knows what effect it has in the game. We can only guess.

Adjective: Mercurial

Relating to or having characteristics (eloquence, shrewdness, swiftness, thievishness) attributed to the god Mercury  more than Mercurial thievishness