Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Scout Reports - Do you use them?

Ed

Hi,

I have a formation I use to start every game and then change depending on how the game is going...  but I wanted to try and use the scout reports to make tactical changes, but the formation report is nearly never correct.  So I did some stats and in 1 season, the scout report was only correct 28% of the time, i.e. the scout said they play 4-4-1-1 but when we start the game the pre-match line is different, so I cannot use that formation information to make changes, so is there something else on the scout report that is useful or should I just keep using the same formation to start each game and then change depending on how the game is going.

Cheers

Never trust scout reports of any kind as they are based on several factors, go with your gut instincts and make the changes you see fit. Player scout reports are terrible, I only look at them for the pros and cons, never look at the star rating!

added 0 minutes later

28% is a tiny percentage so that should give you all the answers you need mate

18 hours ago, veerus said:

In past versions, the tactical previews were pretty reliable. In this version, they are almost always wrong. :(

Its a shame as trying to make tactical changes pre-match based on the team you play is (should be) a good aspect of the game...  so @veerus do you just stick with the same tactic and change in game?

1 hour ago, Ed said:

Its a shame as trying to make tactical changes pre-match based on the team you play is (should be) a good aspect of the game...  so @veerus do you just stick with the same tactic and change in game?

Yep. Especially when you consider that the AI almost always switches to a variation of a 442 after allowing a goal and late in games. So I always judge my formations on how effective they are against that. 

I do use them sometimes, but more just for injury news. Also, in big games I look to see who is most likely to play in certain positions so that I can select the right player on my team, to nullify the opposition's threat (for example if the opposition's only fit striker has 19 pace I will play one of my pacier centre back pairings, or if they use a good AP, I will use an intelligent DM etc.)

I do my own scouting and see: who's playing regularly for the opposition team, who's in form and I look at each player's average rating to determine the team's strengths and weaknesses.

So no, I don't really pay attention to the scout reports. The prompt I get from seeing it to check the other team's information is beneficial though.

Yeah I tend to use it as a prompt as well, to look at form / players...  to be fair the time I tend to struggle the most is when I play a team who also plays the same 4-4-1-1 formation.  So I guess I need to work out how to counter act that formation, maybe more direct passing or mixed passing, but thats why I think its a shame about the reports, I could look at those and see that they are probably going to use 4-4-1-1 and change before the game, rather than waiting for the lineup screen and clicking tactics 20 seconds into the game.