Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Giant Slayer - Excelsior Rotterdam

exc.png.0f8615b87ef0d13a8cae2647196b77e9.png

Excelsior are a team in Rotterdam. They're one of the three professional football clubs in Rotterdam along with Sparta Rotterdam and Feyenoord Rotterdam.
Excelsior have always been a team battling against relegation, but are also known as the giant slayers.

In the Eredivisie, they ruined the title matches of AZ, AFC Ajax and just recently Feyenoord Rotterdam. They do not want any top club to become champion at their Woudestein Stadium.

woude.jpg.a93b6ba47edc6c4102ebad18b2384434.jpg

Excelsior only have a small budget of € 485k and € 49k on wages. So they rely on loanees who mostly come from Feyenoord as the clubs have always known a collaboration. Feyenoord usually stalls their talents at Excelsior so they can play on a regular basis on the highest level of Dutch professional football.

This career will be to bring Excelsior to a higher level. I've set a few goals for myself, I'll cross them off whenever I achieve one.

Short term goals :

• A mid table finish in the first season;
  • Reaching the quarter final of the Dutch Cup within 2 seasons;
  • Expanding the budget to € 1 mil within 3 seasons.

Mid term goals :

• Reach the European play-offs;
  • Reach the semi finals of the Dutch Cup;
  • Win an away game against Feyenoord.

Long term goals

• Reach the group stage of the Europa League / Champions League;
  • Finish within the top 3 of the Eredivisie;
  • Expand the budget to at least € 10 mil;
  • Win an away game against Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV in the same season.

Supplemental goals 

• Expand the stadium;
  • Expand the youth facilities;
  • Expand the training facilities;

So, to create the most realistic situation possible I've added a rule to this career : Excelsior is highly dependant on free agents and loanees. I'll hang on to that situation allowing myself to only loan players and only sign free agents.

Every time I reach one of the set goals, I get to buy a single player. So over the career I can buy a total of 13 players. The short term goals will renew every 3 seasons.

Transfers

in:

• Nigel Robertha on loan from Feyenoord until the end of the season
  • Rashaan Fernandes on loan from Feyenoord until the end of the season
  • Dylan Vente on loan from Feyenoord until the end of the season
  • Derk Boerriger on a free agent transfer on a 2-year contract
  • Warner Hahn on loan from Feyenoord until the end of the season
  • Leroy Owusu on loan from Ajax until the end of the season.
  • Jordy de Wijs on loan from PSV until the end of the season
  • Thijs Bouma on a free agent transfer on a 3-year contract

out:

I've not made any outgoing transfers.

Tactics

Excelsior will play in a 5-3-2 formation. As we're a team who struggles to win battles in midfield we'll have a lot of defending to do, that's why I've decided to put on 5 defenders. Excelsior have made some quality signings. Some are really strong on the wide field, like Fernandes and Boerrigter. They will have their chances. In matches we'll occasionally switch systems at half-time, to show opponents that we're also a really strong team when it comes to offense.

532.jpg.0021518ee77f062d1ddfbe46d86c9483.jpg

We have an attacking style of play with mixed passing. The main passing focus is through the center of the pitch, where most of our players are. We play high pressing football.

31 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

looking good, great choice of club and best of luck ;)

Considering my first 6 matches are against solid top 10 teams ( PSV, Feyenoord, PEC Zwolle, AZ, Heerenveen and FC Twente ) it's gonna be a tough start of the season with me probably being in 12th-15th place after the first 10 matches.

exc.png.8021cf999c2f221b5268ad296a72598e.png

October 2016

Sitting at 15th place, Excelsior have been very underperforming. The lost against the likes of NEC and Sparta Rotterdam, who are also teams battling relegation.

However, there's light at the end of the tunnel! Some players in the Excelsior squad have grown to be very important players that can help the club achieve their highest ranking in club history this season. 

• Nigel Hasselbaink, a cousin of old professional player Jerrel Hasselbaink, has already scored 8 goals and has chipped in some assists. This makes him the most productive member of the Excelsior squad thus far.
  • Goalkeeper Warner Hahn, who was loaned from Feyenoord, has conceded 23 goals so far, but with most clubs having an average of 9 shots at goal every match, he seems to be really in top form. This lad supposedly has a bright future ahead of him.
  • Derk Boerrigter has only been able to play 3 games thus far. He has been injured throughout the most of the season. If this continues, Excelsior is likely to let him go next summer against a reasonable fee of € 450.000,-

Notable matches

Excelsior - Ajax
Ajax came to Woudestein looking to pick up an easy victory. However, Excelsior played a really good match, preventing Ajax from scoring and creating many chances. Ajax goalie Onana managed to rack up a lot of saves, ending in a 0-0 result.

Excelsior - Feyenoord
Excelsior's big brother Feyenoord came to Woudestein. Hoping to pick up an easy victory, Feyenoord started with a lot of pressure, with Dirk Kuyt scoring 0-1 in only the third minute. Excelsior managed to get their stuff together and follow up with 1-1 in the 52nd minute with a beautifull goal from Terell Ondaan.

PSV - Excelsior
PSV, the last champions of the Eredivisie were looking to win at their own stadium against Excelsior. PSV managed to create a lot of chances with attractive attacking football and scored once in the 81st minute, but the goal was disallowed. Luuk de Jong had fouled goalie Warner Hahn in an aerial duel. this match ended in 0-0.

Excelsior - AZ
AZ normally is a midcard club hanging around the 6th place. Excelsior always fights relegation, so they had the cards stacked against them. However, with 2 goals from Nigel Hasselbaink, one from Jordy de Wijs, one from Dylan Vente and an amazing free kick by Hicham Faik, Excelsior managed to seal a 5-1 victory over the club from Alkmaar in their own Woudestein!

Excelsior - Heracles
After winning 5-1 against AZ, Excelsior had high hopes for this match. However, after 2 penalties, 2 goals from Armenteros and a corner they were behind 0-5. Fredy and Hasselbaink managed to score in the closing minutes of the game, ending in 2-5.

Dutch Cup

Excelsior managed to push through to the 3rd round of the Dutch Cup, drawing ADO Den Haag at Woudestein.

hass.jpg.a488ccfb68eecbe7bbf009a1bdc0ff56.jpg

Nigel Hasselbaink celebrating his 2nd goal against AZ in the 5-1 win over the Alkmaar club.

The board of directors

The Excelsior board of directors have said to be very happy with Jeroen Kuijk as their manager. They say Excelsior has been developing nicely but need to get better results in the near future to achieve the goals they have set.

The board have also set a new goal which have to be achieved this season :

• Nigel Hasselbaink to rack up at least 15 goals 
  • Ryan Koolwijk to rack up at least 10 assists

A quality season so far bud! Really like your presentation style, and a very enjoyable read. Some decent results in there, beating Alkmaar is a great achievement! Really looking forward to future instalments of this now bud.

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

A quality season so far bud! Really like your presentation style, and a very enjoyable read. Some decent results in there, beating Alkmaar is a great achievement! Really looking forward to future instalments of this now bud.

I'm trying some different strategies. Losing 5-2 against a mid card team but winning 5-1 against a sub top team is a bit strange.

During the most matches I've also missed a lot of players. It seems injuries occur a lot in this save. For example : Boerrigter came back after a month, a day later he injured himself in training and will be out for the next month...

exc.png.da3422d5f39fcb12e7b926f7c1d56ce7.png

July 2017

Having only 17 points during the January transfer break, Excelsior were having a really bad season. The barely won a match and had a 3 match losing streak. Manager Jeroen Kuijk managed to get two players to sign for Excelsior during the winter break. They were supposed to help Excelsior climb the Eredivisie ranks for the remainder of the season.

Matches

Feyenoord - Excelsior
The away game against Feyenoord. At Woudestein, the score was 1-1. Excelsior are hoping to get a draw out of this match, but no one knew beforehand what was about to happen. In Stadion de Kuip, Excelsior managed to win 0-1 bij a goal of new signing Nauzet Alemán in the 84th minute. This win means that manager Jeroen Kuijk has achieved one of his goals and is now allowed to buy 1 player

Heracles - Excelsior
After losing 2-5 at Woudestein, Excelsior were looking for their revenge against the Almelo based team! Goals bji Fernandes, Hicham Faik, Mike van Duinen and Feyenoord loanee Dylan Vente secured a 0-4 win for Excelsior who are climbing the rankings.

Ajax - Excelsior
Another big match, Ajax with 12 points ahead of Feyenoord could have become the champions against Excelsior but needed a win to do so. Ajax's hopes were crushed when Excelsior were up 0-2 in the 27th minute thanks to Nigel Hasselbain and Jurgen Mattheij. However, in the 71st minute Westermann scored 1-2 and in the 73rd minute, Younes equalised ending the match in 2-2.

FC Utrecht - Excelsior
FC Utrecht are looking to secure an European Play-Off spot against Excelsior. But Excelsior were in great form. Barazite opened the score with 1-0 in the 9th minute. But strikers Nigel Hasselbaink and Mike van Duinen secured a 1-2 win for Excelsior

The table

Excelsior came in 12th in this Eredivisie with 40 points. They managed to concede only little goals with 44 goals against. To put it in perspective: Vitesse wo finished 8th have conceded 49 and ADO who finished 11th have conceded 60.

Excelsior also managed to score 43 goals with most goals being scored by Nigel Hasselbaink who scored a total of 14 goals. He also chipped in with 11 assists, he is truly the Excelsior MVP this season. 

Warner Hahn was in great form and hopes he can break through at Feyenoord next season.

hahn.jpg.ad1a6049732a6cb3d67820d6c8d66afa.jpg

Warner Hahn saying goodbye to Woudestein following their 12th place finish

Transfers

in :

• Keziah Veendorp on a free transfer.
  • Nassim Amaarouk on a free transfer
  • Richelor Sprangers on a free transfer.
  • Jesper Kuwas promoted from youth

out:

• Kevin Vermeulen for 150k to Telstar
  • André Bolivar on loan to FC Volendam
  • Jesper Kuwas on loan to FC Eindhoven

Keziah Veendorp
The 20 year old central defender with a 4* PA didn't renew his FC Groningen contract because he wanted to be a starting player. Excelsior offered him a starting 11 role and he gladly signed for the Rotterdam club on a free transfer. 
His market worth is €2.9m

Nassim Amaarouk
This lad has had a lot of problems with his former clubs and has been known as a troublemaker. Excelsior wanted to try it out with the 21 year old left winger who has a worth of €975k

Richelor Sprangers
19 year old striker Richelor Spranger has already made 7 appearances for Haiti in which he scored 3 goals.  He left NAC Breda under Bosman ruling and joined Excelsior for a stint in the Eredivisie. This 3.5* PA talent has a lot to offer to the club from Rotterdam Kralingen

Jesper Kuwas
A product of Excelsior. At 16 he is finally promoted to the first team. He joined Excelsior as an 8 year old with dreams of making it in the big leagues. He is hoping to walk the same path former Excelsior player Robin van Persie has.

keziah-veendorp-522x391.jpg.6957c8c7a9a785dfa8341d6178e19a50.jpg

Keziah Veendorp has joined Excelsior on a free transfer and signed a 3-year contract, keeping him at the club until 2020.

Short term goals :

Mid term goals :

Long term goals :

Supplemental goals :

• Nigel Hasselbaink to rack up at least 15 goals (2016/2017)
  • Ryan Koolwijk to rack up at least 10 assists (2016/2017 )
  • Expand the stadium
  • Expand the youth facilities
  • Expand the training facilities

Goals marked in red were not achieved, goals marked in green are achieved.
For the 2017/2018 season, Jeroen Kuijk is allowed to buy 1 player 

Special mentions

After this season, Derk Boerrigter will leave Excelsior. He has been injured for 30 matches out of the 36 played and Excelsior will not be renewing his contract. This is due to his many injuries. He will play in the reserves for the remainder of the 2017/2018 season.

Another really good update pal, I'm really enjoying this career so far and can see myself being whisked away with the Excelsior story in future updates. Very good work mate. 

14 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Another really good update pal, I'm really enjoying this career so far and can see myself being whisked away with the Excelsior story in future updates. Very good work mate. 

Thanks mate! I'm looking forward to see how this plays out as well.

For the second season, I've been on top of the competition in the first match. Again having a match with Heracles in which a lot of goals were made ( season one it was 2-5 and 4-1 I believe ) it's the strangest opponent of this save. I'm hoping to finish in 10th place this year :)

10th should be attainable despite the formation hunting and squad building and all those other first season "chores". Enjoying this!

exc.png.190804e7be4184b7dfd758cb75b68519.png

January 2018

Excelsior had a great start this season, winning against FC Twente, FC Utrecht, Heracles and drawing against Feyenoord.
In October, Excelsior were competing for the league title, standing in 4th place.

However this was all about to change. From the 24th of November until the 21st of Janury, Excelsior have played 6 matches and lost them all. They are in terrible form and the board of directors is definitely reconsidering Kuijk as manager. If the results don't come up quickly, this will be the end of the manager who made Excelsior great in his first season.

Transfers

in :

• Dirk Kuyt on a free transfer on a 1-year contract.
  • Mohammed Rayhi on a free transfer on a 2-year contract

out :

• Luigi Bruins for € 625k to FC Eindhoven

Dirk Kuyt
A well-known name throughout the world. He started his career at FC Utrecht after which he moved to Feyenoord, scoring 71 goals in 101 matches. Feyenoord sold him to Liverpool where he was a regular playing with the likes of Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez. He played a Champions League final which he lost.
Kuyt has also proven himself in the Dutch national team, at 104 caps and 24 goals, the Katwijk born star is one of the Dutch football heroes. He came in 2nd at the 2010 World Cup after losing 1-0 to Spain in ET and came in 3rd at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil being knocked out in the semi finals by Argentina after penalties.

Mohammed Rayhi
The 23 year old still has a lot of years ahead of him. The kid lives and breathes football and has the ability to make it at Excelsior. 

Notable Matches

Excelsior - FC Twente
This match was a real dominant display by Excelsior. Winning 2-0 with goals from Nigel Hasselbaink who has been disappointing thus far and Terell Ondaan

Excelsior - FC Utrecht
This match was really tight. Excelsior scored 1-0 just before half time, a beautiful longshot from Terell Ondaan. Yassin Ayoub evened the score in the 68th minute. In extra time, Jeffrey Fortes scored the deciding goal sealing a 2-1 victory for Excelsior.

Excelsior - Heracles Almelo
Again the match against Heracles was full of goals. Excelsior were up 2-0 with goals by Mike van Duinen and Hicham Faik when Vincent Vermij, Mark-Jan Fledderus brought Heracles to a 2-3 advantage. However, Nassin Amaarouk and Mike van Duinen scored to end this match in 5-3 for Excelsior.

The Table

Excelsior are currently sitting in 12th place, 4 points behind the number 10 Willem II. They have acquired 26 points thus far, scoring over half the points of last season. We've scored 28 goals so far and conceded 30.

Notable information

A lot of players have declined a new contract onder which are : Nigel Hasselbaink, Khalid Karami, Fredy and Alessandro Damen. Excelsior will be hoping to renew their contracts on a short notice.

Also, we concede a lot of goals, so Excelsior are heavily looking for a few reinforcements in the defensive end of play. A new goalkeeper and 2 new wing backs are the main targets for next summer.

5914134fb3400_dirkkuyt.jpg.fcc2821a21fc932b0e01d79ed99dd04f.jpg

Excelsior have signed WC runner-up Dirk Kuyt as a new reinforcement.
After his contract he will join the Excelsior coaching staff.

Richelor Sprangers
Excelsior have signed this talent last summer. He has been called up for the Haiti squad on several occasions netting 15 goals in 13 caps. Excelsior are really looking forward to his debut in the starting 11, believing he can really make a difference on the attacking end of play.

Dogucan Haspolat
The 17-year old has already played 48 official matches for Excelsior. He is really blossoming and is becoming a deciding player for Excelsior. He still has to work on his physical aspects.

download.jpg.d110b2ece41488becefa9fe01c63d9fa.jpg

17-year old Haspolat is considered one of the biggest Eredivisie talents at this time.

If Excelsior manages to finish in 10th place this season, Jeroen Kuijk will be granted a pay raise and an increased budget. General director Ferry de Haan wants to push to at least the 10th place, that will be the highest ranking Excelsior has ever achieved on the highest level of Dutch professional football.

15 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

10th should be attainable despite the formation hunting and squad building and all those other first season "chores". Enjoying this!

It's tough. A lot of teams have better squads, I'm really dependant on free agents due to restrictions I have set for myself. I'm curious to see how this will play out, I believe I can take Excelsior towards a higher level.

The squad (and staff) are shaping up nicely. We may not see the fruits already this season but you're laying the groundwork for future success.

exc.png.5d4e3c4d00cb50e80f3dca21e156d668.png

July 2017

Sorry for the fast update, I've had a quick playthrough of January - July this time. I´m posting it now so it´s still all fresh in mind. Next update will be around saturday I guess.

Excelsior have finished a fairly decent season, winning against some big teams and finishing 10th in the Eredivisie. Some miraculous things have happened throughout this season and Excelsior are saying goodbye to some star players.

League Table

Excelsior have finished 10th in the Eredivisie with 46 points. We´ve scored 49 goals and conceded 47. That´s more conceded than last season, but we´ve had a change in goalkeepers.

Mike van Duinen has racked up 25 goals this season, making him the Eredivisie top scorer! He has also been labeled Eredivisie Best Player of the year, which is a huge accomplishment. Excelsior are hoping to hang on to Mike van Duinen, because we really need him next season.

105392.jpg.b27a02f0d794bc29687f1ec134748b9b.jpg

Mike van Duinen celebrating his hattrick against Feyenoord in a 3-2 victory.

Goals 

Short term goals :

Mid term goals :

Long term goals :

Supplemental goals :

• Expand the stadium

Due to completing another goal, Jeroen Kuijk is now allowed to buy 2 players in total. After the third season, the Excelsior board will give new short-term goals. 

Transfers

in :

• Nigel Robertha on a free transfer on a 4-year contract

out :

• Hicham Faik on a free transfers
  • Henrico Drost on a free transfer
  • Jeffrey Fortes on a free transfer
  • Derk Boerrigter on a free transfer
  • Khalid Karami on a free transfer
  • Nauzet Alemán on a free transfer
  • Nigel Hasselbaink on a € 2m transfer to Heracles Almelo

Special Matches

Excelsior - Feyenoord
Hattrick hero Mike van Duinen outperformed all players in this match. He single handed brought Excelsior the 3-2 victory. Eljero Elia and Dylan Vente scored 2 consolation goals for Feyenoord.

Ajax - Excelsior
At the Amsterdam ArenA, Ajax is a dominant force. However, giant slayer Excelsior came away with the win. Lasse Schone missed a penalty on the Ajax side, only for Dirk Kuyt to follow up with 0-1.

Excelsior - PSV
In a tough match, Excelsior proved to be a real giant slayer. With Dirk Kuyt being the star of the show in the 84th minute, Excelsior won the home game against PSV 1-0.

The new arrivals

Nigel Robertha
Nigel Robertha has already played for Excelsior. Last season he was on loan and played a very important part in that season for Excelsior. He was out of contract at Feyenoord. Excelsior offered him a 4-year contract with an option on first team football. Nigel gladly accepted and is hoping to score a lot of goals at Excelsior.

Excelsior tries to find cheap, young players every year. And it works out. We have Veendorp, Haspolat, Sprangers and now Robertha, who all have a bright future and can lift the club, was stated by general director Ferry de Haan.

664557584.jpg.1c71cfc5a771f625946a0d402bd2992f.jpg

General Director Ferry de Haan celebrating the 10th place with Excelsior.

The Dutch FA ( KNVB ) has complimented Excelsior on their accomplishment. The have the smallest Eredivisie budget and still managed to do very well this season. They stated that Excelsior is a role model to all players out there, showing a lot of endurance, spirit and passion in their playing.

exc_-_rkc_ere_11-12_16_20111030_1217397682.jpg.49b8ecd79b94da78b5b01622bc341ae2.jpg

Excelsior celebrating this season with their supporters at the Woudestein stadium.

15 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

The squad (and staff) are shaping up nicely. We may not see the fruits already this season but you're laying the groundwork for future success.

I try to sign as much young players who have expiring or no contracts. This makes it cheap and easy to build a decent squad for the future. I think that within 2/3 seasons I can push Excelsior towards a Euro League spot, the goal now is to stay consistent for at least the following 2 seasons. They have performed great this season, now we need to hold on to that and analyse the places where we need improving.

To be honest, Kuyt was the signing the team really needed. His experience and endurance brought a lot of extra energy into play. He was a deciding player against Ajax, PSV and some smaller matches. I really want him to hold on for another season, he might be too old for Feyenoord, but he can certainly still be of huge value for a club like Excelsior, helping the younger talents develop.

A fantastic season mate! Loving this career a lot now, a very enthralling story. When do you plan on using those 2 players you are allowed to buy? Good job mate!

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

A fantastic season mate! Loving this career a lot now, a very enthralling story. When do you plan on using those 2 players you are allowed to buy? Good job mate!

Actually I did right after the update. I found a young wing backer who was better than Karami for about 950k. It's nice to have 2 options on a buy, but I still have to consider the 1.3m budget.

I have some left to reorganize the staff. The board are killing me, unwilling to improve the facilities even after the fact I finished near a European Play-Off spot with a team that normally battles relegation.

I've found out that Kevin van la Parra is a real rough diamond. Not really quite there yet stat wise, but his performance as AMC is terrific!

Also, 38 year old Kuyt who should be about done now, is still performing quite well, I'm liking the events up till now.

I've immediately signed Van La Parra on a 5-year contract, because I think we can triple his value.IMG_0807.thumb.PNG.498fc034e59229d83f66d29a0e093792.PNG

IMG_0808.thumb.PNG.9c23a520df20acfbe74932f84799ee3d.PNG

IMG_0810.thumb.PNG.dad9d7a945a35adabaf2022a4194715b.PNG

IMG_0811.thumb.PNG.b3d4a65e22bcb3c9f5d57077e06efea3.PNG

Very nice going! Enjoyable read. Amazed that the old bugger of a Kuyt is still worth his salt (never been a fan).

Tactics wise I believe you should stay clear of using pressing. With mediocre players, you'll leave gaps in your defense.

51 minutes ago, Jens said:

Very nice going! Enjoyable read. Amazed that the old bugger of a Kuyt is still worth his salt (never been a fan).

Tactics wise I believe you should stay clear of using pressing. With mediocre players, you'll leave gaps in your defense.

Kuyt is a real hero lol.

Thx for the tip, I play a lot of pressing, but with a mediocre defense as you said, that won't work. 
I'll change it up :)

15 hours ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

Legendary hat-trick 

15 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I guess after today you're particularly happy to have picked Kuijt as a rolemodel for your youngsters.

I can't stop smiling right now lol.

Due to heavy hangovers I have to postpone the update on this a bit :P

exc.png.9f38413699a6677d51e52bd7aad9d10c.png

July 2019

Excelsior have finished a rather disappointing season in which they finished in 9th place. Also their wage expenditure is way too high, so they could not renew all of the contracts. Excelsior also needs to sell players next season in order to stay healthy.

The Table

Excelsior have finished in 9th place, which is one spot higher than last year. However, they gather less points, racking up 44 points in total, scoring 48 goals and conceding 50.

Most of the goals were scored by Mike van Duinen, who scored a total of 22 goals.
Attacking midfielder Kevin van la Parra chipped in with 11 assists!

Notable Matches

PSV - Excelsior
Away against PSV, Excelsior always seems to perform. After Van Duinen opening the score in '38, Haidary followed up with 0-2 in the 93rd minute.

Excelsior - Ajax
Mike van Duinen scored early, making it 1-0 in the 6th minute. Dolberg evened in the 10th minute. Amaarouk made 2-1 in 17th minute, only for Sierhuis to equalise in the 32nd minute. Kevin van la Parra made the decision in the 52nd minute scoring 3-2.

Excelsior - PSV
In the end of the season, Excelsior had to face PSV at home. Kevin van la Parra made the only goal of the match in the 82nd minute.

Transfers

in:

• Furdjel Narsingh from FC Eindhoven for 45k on a 3-year contract
  • Ricardo Herrera on a Bosman ruling transfer from Pumas
  • Joeri Franssen has been promoted from the youth academy
  • Brian van Ooijen has been promoted from the youth academy
  • Gyrano Kerk on a free transfer

out:

• Mike van Duinen to Dijon FCO on a Bosman ruling.
  • Jurgen Matheij due to an expiring contract
  • Yesin van der Pluijm to FC Volendam for 55k
  • Stanley Elbers to RKC for 450k

Brian van Ooijen
This attacking midfielder, who is also a great striker has a lot of potential (4PA) and is considered one of the new Excelsior stars. At 16-years old he already has a worth of €850k which makes him a pot of gold for a club like Excelsior.

Joeri Franssen
This young right back has everything it takes to be a star. 16-years old and already worth 675k, he has a lot of potential. Excelsior will be hoping to see him develop into one of their top players.

Because the 3 seasons have expired, new short term goals have been set.

Short term goals :

• Finish in a European play-off spot;
  • Win at least 13 games in a season;
  • Score at least 55 goals in a season.

Mid term goals :

Long term goals :

Supplemental goals :

• Expand the stadium

Unlucky mate, but still a good finish nonetheless. Hopefully you can sort those financial issues, looking forward to the next one. Good luck!

exc.png.ee863738565c40f7cf10b047fd329562.png

September 2019

It´s been a while since we´ve last heard from the Excelsior camp. Excelsior have made some changes to their squad and have tried to improve their finances.

Overall, the 2019/2020 season has started out really good for Excelsior. In four games they won 2, lost 1 and have drawn a game.

Transfers

in : 

• Gyrano Kerk has joined Excelsior on Bosman ruling for a 3 year contract.
  • Jordy de Wijs has joined Excelsior on Bosman ruling for a 3 year contract
  • Joeri Franssen has been graduated from the Excelsior Youth
  • Brian van Ooijen has been graduated from the Excelsior Youth

out :

• Stanley Elbers has moved to RKC for € 450k
  • Filip Kurto has moved to Jong PSV for € 75k
  • Pieter Hak has left Excelsior on Bosman ruling
  • Hennos Fortes has left Excelsior on Bosman ruling
  • Joris Bacuna has left Excelsior on Bosman ruling
  • Jurgen Mattheij has left Excelsior on Bosman ruling
  • Joeri Franssen has joined Helmond Sport on loan for the 19/20 season
  • Fredy has moved to Reading for € 350k
  • Nelson Bashir has joined Almere City FC on loan for the 19/20 season

Brian van Ooijen

The 16-year old striker has been promoted to the Excelsior squad after finishing a great season with the Excelsior U17. Last season with the U17 team, he managed to score 12 times and chip in 8 assists in 24 games, which made him a key player for Excelsior U17. In his debut season for Excelsior, he has already scored 7 goals in 4 matches, scoring 4 against Heerenveen and getting a hattrick against Heracles Almelo.

Joeri Franssen

This 17-yeard old right wingback has been one of Excelsiors' brightest prospects since he joined the club. In the least season with Excelsior U17 he scored one goal and got 11 assists in 33 games. He was crucial for U17 that year. This year he is looking to prove himself at Helmond Sport, where he has already played 3 games in the starting eleven.

The table

After only 4 matches, Excelsior are looking forward to an exciting season.
The are currently in 3rd place, behind number 2 AZ and number 1 Vitesse. In 4 games, Excelsior managed to score 11 goals, conceding only 3 in the process.

7 of those goals came from Brian van Ooijen, Jesper Kuwas scored 1, Dirk Kuyt scored 2 and Dogucan Haspolat scored 1.

Matches

Heracles Almelo 1-6 Excelsior
Again a match against Heracles where a lot of goals were made. After the first half, Excelsior were up 0-5. Armenteros made 1-5 in the 79th minute, only for Van Ooijen to finish the game at a 1-6 score in the 84th minute.

Excelsior 4-0 sc Heerenveen
Within 21 minutes, Van Ooijen scored 4 goals to wrap this game up for Excelsior

Excelsior are looking to qualify for the Europa League this season. By achieving this, the club can earn a lot of money, needed to become financially healthy again. Excelsior is nearing bankrupcy, so something needs to happen as soon as possible to save the club from going down.

Manager Jeroen Kuijk is currently negotiating some deals with certain investors, who may help Excelsior become healthy again.

11 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Some really good scores in. Nice. Great to see a continuation of this career btw. I'm enjoying your project.

Thanks mate. It's been a while since I've been able to play due to my colleague being on vacation.