Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Rooney, Morata or Lukaku

salohcin

Hi everyone!

So I noticed there are quite a few ManU supporters on this community and I just want to take this opportunity to see how does everyone feel about this possible transfer!

So currently, it is Lukaku to Man Utd for a fee of 75M pounds and the fee has already been agreed according to some sources. Therefore, Man Utd has decided to drop their interest in Morata as they do not need 2 strikers of this calibre to join the team and of course, Man Utd is unwilling to pay a little more for Morata. Rooney, on the other hand, might be joining Everton on a free transfer with Utd buying him out of his current contract. 

So the point of discussion is who will be a better fit for Utd, Lukaku or Morata, and why? For me, I prefer Morata because he played under Mourinho before and knows very well how the Portugese plays the game but Lukaku is proven at EPL level and so he might adapt at Utd quicker.

Also, will you let your club captain and legend and top goal-scorer leave the club in this manner where he has to be bought out of his contract. For me, my favourite player of all time is Rooney and I definitely do not want him to leave the club until he decides to retire, so if I were Mourinho, I will keep Rooney in the club unless he really wants to leave because I believe his leadership skills and experience will benefit the newcomers positively. 

So what do all of you think? I just want to get some discussion going on here because this summer transfer window is key as to how the team will perform in the new season! Looking forward to your inputs!

On Lukaku or Morata - I have seen a lot more of Lukaku than Morata, so it's not really fair on the Spaniard. Both are still quite young, both obviously very very good, but both can be quite inconsistent. When you really dig in to the numbers that Lukaku has managed though, I think it's a really exciting signing. He's also more physical than Morata, which might work well for United considering how many lightweight attacking players we have.

On Rooney - I'm afraid to say he's past it! If I ever do a career as United I always sell him!

Lukaku is easily the more sensible business IRL and in-game. Morata has a decent record but not sure how much of that is due to the players around him and quality of opposition.