Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Ridiculous amount of money for promotion?

Neo

I've just started playing Fmh2017 even though I bought it when it first come out and started a new game unemployed.

Signed for Oxford City in the Vanarama South and managed to win promotion in the first season through the play offs.

Now at the start of the next season my chairman informs me we have a budget of 19m this season and about 5 of that was for transfers with a massive increase in wages.

Now  basically this has ruined the game for me, I was able to buy players on free transfers with wages demands of 6-8k like Sammy ameobi, Now my team is way OP for this league and is just going to be a case of choosing my fittest players to win the league.

Is this a normal situation? I was never told the club had new owners or anything just at the start of the season it said Oxford are in the money?

Just to add I did buy the unlockables but had the money one switched off when I started the game.

This has happened for years, it's nothing to do with the sugar daddy unlockable. Doesn't happen every save and you seem to have an extreme version of the bug (Most I've seen after a promotion from VNL is about £8M)

20 hours ago, Neo said:

I've just started playing Fmh2017 even though I bought it when it first come out and started a new game unemployed.

Signed for Oxford City in the Vanarama South and managed to win promotion in the first season through the play offs.

Now at the start of the next season my chairman informs me we have a budget of 19m this season and about 5 of that was for transfers with a massive increase in wages.

Now  basically this has ruined the game for me, I was able to buy players on free transfers with wages demands of 6-8k like Sammy ameobi, Now my team is way OP for this league and is just going to be a case of choosing my fittest players to win the league.

Is this a normal situation? I was never told the club had new owners or anything just at the start of the season it said Oxford are in the money?

Just to add I did buy the unlockables but had the money one switched off when I started the game.

Please continue this save untill you reach Championship.

A couple of days ago I managed to reach Championship with Salford while using SD. Every single season I was able to win the league with a single draw or lost game. When I entered CH I lost almost all my games.

I was wandering if the game still treats me as VNorth team and predetermines the outcome of the games.

Also if you sign that Ameobi guy, that`s fine. But can you keep him? I was unable to hire players without the big club release clause. The next transfer window Ameobi is a goner and you can`t do a thing about it. Btw that spoiled the game for me.

On 06/09/2017 at 08:32, Neo said:

I use sugar daddy a lot, even on lower league saves but I set my own rules so to speak...It happens in real life with teams spunking cash, Crawley, Fleetwood and Fylde 

I still look to sign at least 1 quality player, but I will only look to sign players mainly from the same level, in my current save I am managing Metropolitan Police, starting in the Vanarama South, I signed players from Darlington, namely Leon Scott, Gary Brown and Harvey Saunders for a combined fee of 60k, I also sign from Vanarama National and League 2, I try not to spend more than 100k per player. Using the right tactic and you can turn the likes of Harvey Saunders, Mark Beck and Stephen Thompson into goalscoring machines that can turn a healthy profit, as I say I bought Harvey Saunders for 20 large and sold him too somewhere like Coventry for about 3-400 large. There are also youngsters like Paul Smyth from Linfield who can be bought cheap and become goal scoring heroes

So, there is still fun to be had even with ridiculous amounts of money

Right I think this was down to the Sugar Daddy unlockable, For whatever reason it had turned it self back on even though I definitely had it turned off at the start of the game as I only had like a 26k transfer budget and when I've checked it was turned back on.

Unfortunately I never had a seperate save before I bought all these players otherwise I could of just used the in game editor to adjust budgets.

It was nice playing it again though but I think I'm just going to play career mode on fifa 18 till fmh2018 gets released.