Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

G'day - I'm Scratch...

Scratch

Just now, MerlionMaple96 said:

When/where did you see U2? Another really good band as well. Was it during their height? (Post Joshua Tree)

I saw them on their Lovetown tour with BB King in 1989 (Brisbane Entertainment Centre), then their Zoo TV Zoomerang tour in 1993 (Brisbane ANZ Stadium). They were a huge band back then and pretty awesome shows too.  

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Hey mate, Thanks! 

But pass on the surfing thanks! I lived in a surf town when I was younger and just started to get into it when we moved right away from the water, and that was that... :unamused:

Ah ok! Well no water no need for surfing :) 

i learned it when i travelled in south-africa. Love doing it, not that good and not a big fan of surfing in shark infested water... but hey only live once :laugh:

20 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

I saw them on their Lovetown tour with BB King in 1989 (Brisbane Entertainment Centre), then their Zoo TV Zoomerang tour in 1993 (Brisbane ANZ Stadium). They were a huge band back then and pretty awesome shows too.  

Wow you got to see them twice. Must have been a great experience :O

They still are a huge band now just a bit more comical XD

4 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Ah ok! Well no water no need for surfing :) 

i learned it when i travelled in south-africa. Love doing it, not that good and not a big fan of surfing in shark infested water... but hey only live once :laugh:

Cool. I believe with sharks you just punch them in the nose right? :laugh:

Stupid question: Does the Netherlands have surf beaches? Do you still get to surf now? Or just when you were in South Africa?

6 minutes ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

Wow you got to see them twice. Must have been a great experience :O

They still are a huge band now just a bit more comical XD

Actually I saw them three times! I went to the first one twice. Spent all my money on them. ? Was a uber fan back then. Not so much these days. Still like them, but yeah they are a bit more ... comical I guess. Don't pay them much attention now.

You been to any concerts?

33 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Actually I saw them three times! I went to the first one twice. Spent all my money on them. ? Was a uber fan back then. Not so much these days. Still like them, but yeah they are a bit more ... comical I guess. Don't pay them much attention now.

You been to any concerts?

I have a fear of large crowds so I tend to stay away as much as possible. That being said I've been to one concert which was Halsey last year in Toronto and it was AMAZING. There are some other artists I would go see in a heartbeat as well if they are ever in my neck of the woods.

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Cool. I believe with sharks you just punch them in the nose right? :laugh:

Stupid question: Does the Netherlands have surf beaches? Do you still get to surf now? Or just when you were in South Africa?

Well apparently yes, but not going to try that :laugh: 

There are some spots where you can surf, but not like in Australia. I used to surf untill last year, with the little one i hardly have any time anymore :(

15 hours ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

I have a fear of large crowds so I tend to stay away as much as possible. That being said I've been to one concert which was Halsey last year in Toronto and it was AMAZING. There are some other artists I would go see in a heartbeat as well if they are ever in my neck of the woods.

Halsey - okay, genuinely don't know her! LOL, going to have to YouTube her to check out her stuff. 

added 0 minutes later
15 hours ago, PriZe said:

Well apparently yes, but not going to try that :laugh: 

There are some spots where you can surf, but not like in Australia. I used to surf untill last year, with the little one i hardly have any time anymore :(

Oh yeah, understand that - little ones change our lives so much. Definitely worth it, but so much less time. 

7 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Halsey - okay, genuinely don't know her! LOL, going to have to YouTube her to check out her stuff.

Surprised by that actually. She's definitely extremely famous now.

22 hours ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

Surprised by that actually. She's definitely extremely famous now.

Hehe, I'm old remember! Maybe I've heard her on the radio, but too busy to keep up with things in general. I'll ask my daughter! :D

37 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Hehe, I'm old remember! Maybe I've heard her on the radio, but too busy to keep up with things in general. I'll ask my daughter! :D

Maybe she is just less well known in Australia :P