Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Spennymoor — with hope, no one shall fail

OHP

Spennymoor — with hope, no one shall fail

Spennymoor.jpg

“Spe Nemo Ruet” or “with hope, no one shall fail” is the Club motto from Spennymoor Town

Spennymoor Town are debutants in Vanarama National League North after winning the playoff final against Storbridge 1-0 with Rob Ramshaw as match-winner. 

Spennymoor is a small town in County Durham in North East England with a population of approximately 20,000.

SPENNYMOOR_&_AREA_005-3.JPG

My ambition is to lead Spennymoor Town FC to more glory in the foreseeable future!

PS: I’ve been away from this site for a couple of years. I hope you will take part in my journey with Spennymoor Town. 

Edited by OHP

Evaluation of present situation

Staff:

71-year old Tommy Miller is our scout and has a Gold badge. The name of my coach is also Tommy Miller (however, only 38 years:)) with a Bronze badge and my physio, Andrew Oates also has a Bronze badge.

Finances:

The Board raised the budget after agreeing on a goal for the season to attain a safe mid-table league position in Vanarama North. The wage budget is £6,500 per week (current wage total £4,200 per week) and with a transfer budget on £26K

Facilities:

In general our facilities are below the level of Vanarama North. We play our home matches at Brewery Field with a capacity of 4,000 attendants and both our training facilities as well as our youth facilities are poor.

17032857336_86b0d82cf1.jpg

Brewery Field

Team Report:

The profiles in the squad are Chris Chantler (MLC, DL, 26 years old) and ex-Middlesbrough academy player Bradley Fewster (ST, 21 years old) and with young talents in Matty Dixon (MRLC, 22 years old), Bailey Prudhoe (ML, 16 years old) and Jake Orrell (MRC, ST, 19 years). The weakest positions in our squad is in central defence, on the right back position and in goal. We definitely needed to strengthen our squad in these positions.

profile-_0007_Mason.jpg

Chris Chantler

Bradley_Fewster_30-04-2016_1.jpg

Bradley Fewster

Edited by OHP

Transfer activities

Contract extensions until 2020 were agreed with Matty Dixon, Bailey Prudhoe, Bradley Fewster and Jake Orrell so that those talented players could remain in Spennymoor for two extra seasons. Furthermore, the contract with Chris Chantler was extended to 2020.

Transfers in:

Billy O’Brien (GK, 21 yo, free transfer)

Connor Hunt  (GK, 21 yo, free transfer)

Andy Nugent (DL, 19 yo, free transfer)

Taron Hare (DRL, 20 yo, free transfer)

Ryan Reilly (DRC, 22 yo, free transfer)

Cal Templeton (DRC, 18 yo, free transfer)

Spencer Forte (MC, 20 yo, free transfer)

Henry Rollinson (MRC, 18 yo, free transfer)

Armani Daly (MRL, 19 yo, free transfer)

Marc Kelledy (AMRL, MC, 18 yo, free transfer)

Derek Asamoah (AMRC, ST, 36 yo, free transfer)

Transfers out

Dan Lowson (GK, 29 yo, £2K transfer to Bromley)

Kallum Griffiths (DR, 27 yo, £2K transfer to Maidenhead)

James  Curtis (DC, 35 yo, £1K transfer to Macclesfield)

Bailey Prudhoe (ML, 16 yo, on loan to Poole to get some experience)

Shane Henry (MC, 25 yo, £1K transfer to Macclesfield)

Andrew Johnson (AMRL, 30 yo, £750 transfer to Leamington)

Graeme Armstrong (ST, 34 yo, £1.5K transfer to St. Albans)

Glen Taylor (ST, 27 yo, £1.5K transfer to Bradford PA)

I was very happy with the transfers. The weak positions in the squad were strengthened and many young talents were added to the squad.

Edited by OHP

Pre-season 2018

We played four friendlies in the pre-season and all four were against higher ranking teams. We lost the first three matches against League Two teams (1-4 against Shrewsbury, 0-3 against Doncaster and 3-4 against Rochdale) but we gave up a good fight against them. Rochdale´s winning goal was scored in the injury time. Last friendly was home against Eastleigh from Vanarama National League and we grinede some self confidence through a fine 3-2 win. 

After the friendlies, Spennymoor Town FC was ready for debut in Vanarama National North League - a home match against Stockport. We played very effective and took home a fine 3-2 victory!

4_D6_D9447_A017_4638_B1_FD_8_F800612470_

However, we came down again after the next match losing 1-5 to FC United....?68_F294_DC_7_E95_46_E5_858_C_6_B6_E8_ABF

Edited by OHP

The following matches in Vanarama North gave us some fine results. Our 21-year old Scottish forward Fraser Murdoch  turned out to be a beast with 9 goals and 6 assists in the first 7 League matches and our 19-year old winger Armani Daly produced 3 goals and 5 assists in the first 10 League matches.

Veteran forward Derek Asamoah was good in combination with the young players so it looked very fine in the offensive part of the game.

Nevertheless, when I had the opportunity to sign 32-year old Irish forward Barry Corr on a free transfer in the end of August I couldn’t resist it. He didn’t disappoint us with 6 goals in his first 3 matches?

After 10 rounds Spennymoor Town FC was ranked 7th in League after 27 goals and with 18 points - very satisfactory ?

AA523_F57_7915_4616_9_ABD_9177_E34_E9_DB

Edited by OHP