Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Nucleus’s 4-1-2-2-1 for latest update - EME

Hey guys, I’ve seen a lot of people searching for tactics since the new update and I thought I could help out.

This tactic has only been tested with big clubs so I’ve no idea how good it would be with a lower league team. Another thing about this tactic is it isn’t unbeatable, in game changes may have to be made depending on the circumstances. Forgetting all that though, it will score you plenty of goals and keep it’s fair share of clean sheets.

Formation

38D11DF0-52D1-4B46-A5E2-AD509B9F3459.thumb.png.cdd109e67f4139c4f10e11e85195d770.png

So this is the formation, as you can see it employs AP’s on both wings, I use a left footer on the right and vice versa. FB’s instead of WB’s because I’ve never had much consistency using WB’s. The CM’s are really important in this formation as it gives the AP’s a constant outlet. Without them it would fall to pieces. 

Tactical Shape

CFBA5172-C4AC-4F20-91CD-EAE3B67B218B.thumb.png.6a28183f2b8c863b19147c823cdb83da.png

I’ve tried many different layouts of shape and this is the one I’ve found the most success with. In my opinion all instructions vary from team to team and I can’t stress how important it is to “play to your teams strengths”. If you don’t have the Messi’s and the Coutinho’s to play expressive then drop it down to balanced, or even disciplined. Balanced tempo as I don’t want us to be slow and predictable but I also want us to go through each passage of play without going too fast.

Defensive Instructions

58A29FAE-61AB-4159-A343-24D48C5BFBFE.thumb.png.afffcb6334e8b89c822566f07ef99a80.png

High defensive line with an all over press seems to work well this year so I’ve opted for that. If you have players with low “decisions” I’d recommend dropping tackling down to normal and even dropping the offside trap.

Attacking Instructions

A08A1B1A-AAF5-4D74-B6AF-A7AE42686C7B.thumb.png.a7b59732f212c5319ca4a23d57be88f3.png

These could be whatever you want in my opinion depending on what you want to achieve in game. I’m doing a goal scoring challenge so I’m using ‘work into box’ as that limits the amount of shots from my midfielders and it also keeps possession much better as your players wait for that perfect pass into your striker. ‘Run at defence’ I’m using because I come up against teams who sit back a lot, this option enables my team to open them up by creating the necessary space. Short passing to keep possession, and I’m focusing passing down both flanks as it gets those AP’s involved in the play as much as possible and they are your main creative force in the team.

Results

AA25984C-FB88-45D9-8232-6506A1766A21.thumb.png.d61aa41d249ec5b060d92d7b5a1f00ce.png

858D56EE-A540-4785-84A8-EE17B24FFA36.thumb.png.14174f165ea12eb792680ef2821e1d4e.png

Here’s two season worth of results to give away. As you can see I managed to win every possible trophy in both seasons. Yes I know, it’s Barcelona and it’s expected, but this tactic is a solid base for anyone struggling at the game currently. Feel free to test and report back, any improvements by yourselves are welcome in the comments.

Thanks for reading :celebrate:

Interesting tactic mate, always interested to see people's different takes on role and instruction combos for different reasons.

2 questions:

1) You chose short passing for possession retention, is your reasoning behind this more due to preventing the opposition from having the ball thus conceding fewer, or because you think if you have more of the ball you'll create more goalscoring opportunities?

2) Would you say that there is a significant difference in the defending and/or attacking performances when using full backs instead of wing backs? 

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work (y)

Thanks mate, to answer your questions 

1) I use short passing because if I have more of the ball then I will get more chances. Never thought about the other way around to be honest. But I suppose they both go hand in hand to an extent

2) I’ve struggled with WB’s in a one striker formation this year. In a double trouble attempt I competed I used WB’s to great success, but I’ve always used FB’s this year in a one striker formation.

thanks for commenting mate 

Nice tactic mate, I'm usually not one for using other people's tactics as I believe the main part of the entire game is discovering your own tactic.

However, I might try this out with a lower league team and tell you if it works well or not. Great work mate.

40 minutes ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Nice tactic mate, I'm usually not one for using other people's tactics as I believe the main part of the entire game is discovering your own tactic.

However, I might try this out with a lower league team and tell you if it works well or not. Great work mate.

Thanks mate. I just thought I’d give something back to the community :laugh: 

if you can let me know how you get on that would be awesome. Cheers!

On 4/12/2018 at 00:49, NucleusNT said:

Thanks mate, let me know how you get on with it

Didn't go as well as I'd hoped but wasn't bad. Defensively very good but too many draws.

110avdg.jpg

Goals2qw3l3b.jpg

Assists2s84ta1.jpg

Edited by Schwantz34
47 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Didn't go as well as I'd hoped but wasn't bad. Defensively very good but too many draws.

110avdg.jpg

Goals2qw3l3b.jpg

Assists2s84ta1.jpg

Losing the title on goal difference! Ouch! Did you make any transfers?

8 hours ago, NucleusNT said:

Losing the title on goal difference! Ouch! Did you make any transfers?

Got barely any money so just three and two were frees.

I'm trying this tactic in my Milan's career. What can I say? It looks very very solid, very few goals are allowed. I've lost only the second match in the UEL playoff (but the game show it like a win), and two 0-0.

Ah, and there is the usually problem on the DLP position, Biglia takes always low ratings (usually 6). Some screenshot: 

Screenshot_Classifica.png

Screenshot_Calendario 1.png

Screenshot_Calendario 2.png

11 minutes ago, Crowley81 said:

I'm trying this tactic in my Milan's career. What can I say? It looks very very solid, very few goals are allowed. I've lost only the second match in the UEL playoff (but the game show it like a win), and two 0-0.

Ah, and there is the usually problem on the DLP position, Biglia takes always low ratings (usually 6). Some screenshot: 

Screenshot_Classifica.png

Screenshot_Calendario 1.png

Screenshot_Calendario 2.png

Nice results mate. Glad you’re enjoying it 😁