Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nucleus

Tactical Showpiece - Episode Two - Max Meyer

3D8B0F0C-4081-4954-9D66-E36F3FDD89CD.thumb.jpeg.88a4d3a8eafae4f21582720a9c3cbc47.jpeg

Hello Vibe, and welcome to Epsiode Two of my Vibe exclusive Tactical Showpiece series where I will be showcasing the newest talent to arrive in the Premier League and one’s who I think will feature prominently in FMM19. If you haven’t seen episode one yet I highly suggest you give that a read here - Tactical Showpiece - Episode One

So as you may have guessed, the new premier league star I will be focusing on in this episode is none other than former Schalke & Germany man Max Meyer, who has recently signed for south London side Crystal Palace in what could be seen as the coup of the season. That’s right, Crystal Palace got their man on a free transfer from the German side after he let his contract run down after a dispute with Schalke’s sporting director Christian Heidel which consequently left him out of training for the remainder of the 17-18 season.

As FMM18 starts a year ago, none of this has happened in game so I obviously had to go out and buy Meyer for Palace myself, and it proved a tricky transfer to pull off for the Eagles. An initial bid of £35million was enough for Schalke, but it wasn’t enough to convince Meyer himself to sign. In the end I opted to switch on Sugar Daddy so I could offer him what he wanted financially to sign for the club, a £190,000 per week in fact! What a money grabbing little ba***rd! But we’ve got our man either way, and I could get the experiment under way...

356966C4-C34B-44DE-BDD8-4D0881BF77C7.thumb.png.6bd934731b299cae65c6bac155e18b5f.png

In terms of Palace quality players he looks a quality player, with 14 in dribbling and Passing, 15 in Creativity and 18 in Technique along with a plethora of other decent attributes. In real life Schalke manager Domenico Tedesco started to deploy Meyer more as a Deep Lying Playmaker as he felt the positional change better suited his qualities. I disagree, and I will be playing him as an Advanced Playmaker in the centre of the park.

FC32AB66-06EF-4467-803F-51AE89F9047A.thumb.png.6be7a154d9b98dd78ed5faad9f12cb3e.png

Deployed on the left side of a 4-3-2-1, he would also be taking all set-pieces this season, as I felt that with his technique, creativity and eye for goal it would benefit the team massively.

Let’s now fast forward to the end of the season to see just how Crystal Palace, and more importantly Max Meyer got on. Well it was a fantastic season all around for Palace, as they finished up in 5th placed in the league with a more than respectable 67 points. They were the leagues top scorers with 79 Goals and would next season be playing European Football. In the end, too many draws saw them miss out on the Champions League spots.

FE174E3B-F89C-4880-96C3-419709676152.thumb.png.18b33703260c246f72a7a840145082c6.png

As for Max Meyer, he too had a fantastic season for the club and ended up winning the league’s Young Player of the Year award whilst also winning the Footballer of the Year award.

4458E4C3-8F3F-41BF-BBE8-B6B3AB5A9F64.thumb.png.df04dd24a913ad40f57fc6d185a11c36.png

A0FB73CC-D91F-4716-9330-46445756A11F.thumb.png.01da0d0b1a6e2f6d6ff2d9d419c56fa7.png

He was the league’s top assister, beating the likes of Juan Mata and Kevin De Bruyne to take the top spot with 18 assists. He also had the best average rating for the whole league, narrowly beating out teammate Wilfried Zaha to take top spot with an Average Rating of 7.70

C8657FCA-B44B-44B7-9788-AB2E38153C32.thumb.png.0547e454b531d7e088a489ddad3d54e5.png97FC8F16-EEC9-4EF7-955C-2D2BC18C2983.thumb.png.c978bab9a5cbee6af06720c4d151acaa.png

As for his development, well he looks a much better player than when he first arrived at Selhurst Park. 18 in Dribbling and Passing, a full 20 in Technique, 16 and 17 in Creativity and Decisions respectively with his Movement and Teamwork also up to 15, couple all this with his 15 in stamina and he looks a world class midfielder with plenty of room to grow further. He managed 40 games throughout the season, scoring 12 goals and assisting a further 18. A very very successful signing in my opinion.

274D4DA6-D21E-4B9C-AA6A-4040D2B67076.thumb.png.4eb813a0127e3a94418a1892ea2915f4.pngD39F370A-1653-4EC5-84BA-CE0C3AEFA613.thumb.png.4bd3f83e009815ee5a8de4d4f75fae7e.png

So Vibe, have Palace pulled off the coup of the summer? Will Max Meyer live up to his potential at the South side of London or will he just be another one of those players who never lives up to his original hype? Let me know in the comments below what you think.

Thanks For Reading

Nice write up mate.. I really enjoyed it..He should actually be perform well at crystal palace and also having zaha in front...#explosive...

19 hours ago, Damilare said:

Nice write up mate.. I really enjoyed it..He should actually be perform well at crystal palace and also having zaha in front...#explosive...

Thanks mate

It could well prove to be a great signing, I hope not though as I hate Palace 😂

Excellent work mate, I agree this was one of the most surprising steals of the window. It's safe to say if he performs anything like that this season he won't be there long!

28 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Excellent work mate, I agree this was one of the most surprising steals of the window. It's safe to say if he performs anything like that this season he won't be there long!

Thanks Ashez!

I agree fantastically well written again.

Also agree with @Ashez but it depends on where Roy decides to play him. In FMM terms i think you have found his position there and i can see in next years game he will be a force to be reckoned with.

😆

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

IRL I believe he's transitioned into more of a DLP or a general midfielder compared to the AMC type player he was known for. 

As mentioned in the article 😝

added 0 minutes later
4 minutes ago, Woody said:

I agree fantastically well written again.

Also agree with @Ashez but it depends on where Roy decides to play him. In FMM terms i think you have found his position there and i can see in next years game he will be a force to be reckoned with.

😆

Cheers Mate!

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

As mentioned in the article 😝

added 0 minutes later

Cheers Mate!

My bad! I read it when it was posted but saved my comment for a bump which at least paid off haha. 

47 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Nice article again, hardly seen him play before but looks a good player, shame he's gone to Palace

Cheers Sam!

44 minutes ago, Ashez said:

My bad! I read it when it was posted but saved my comment for a bump which at least paid off haha. 

Definitely worked then 😝 

1 minute ago, Ballistic446 said:

What tactic were you using?

A toned down version of Prize’s black Pearl. Had FB’s and CD’s instead of WB’s and BPD’s and a poacher upfront instead of an AF. I think the instructions were slightly toned down too

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

A toned down version of Prize’s black Pearl. Had FB’s and CD’s instead of WB’s and BPD’s and a poacher upfront instead of an AF. I think the instructions were slightly toned down too

Ah right cheers. Was impressed by how well the team did. 5th first season in the premier league seems incredible for a squad like cardiff's.