Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Regens too expensive?

ManlikeReus

Hello Guys,

I have an enquiry.So I am into the 3rd season of my Borussia Dortmund save and I wanted to sign Modric as he has retired the end of last season.Im not sure but I always thought regens won’t exceed 21 years old,However from the screen shots below,It seems like it’s possible.Also when I try to sign him,He required roughly about 54 million pounds with 15% sell on clause.Is this some sort of glitch or is it something new that’s was imparted into fmm19?

Database:England,Germany,Italy,Spain(All until lowest possible league)

Im not sure but apologise if wrong tag was used as it’s my first post.

Thanks in advance

28863746-CEA4-45B0-83C6-E92707AB7928.png

28B0DEE0-CCC9-41F3-BF0B-58D0A537CA51.png

72B90906-CC8C-4857-8706-A7749EFAA893.png

C803E21F-EC5A-47E4-A857-02D71938FA1C.png

Yep I'm into my 4th season now and I can confirm, regens are completely screwed up now. Before it was way more easier to poach regens from their local clubs, now it seems like any half decent regen will spawn at a 'big' club rather than a local team. In fact in my save its gotten to the point where a huge chunk of South American regens have popped up in Ukrainian clubs for some weird unknown reason and all of them have Ukrainian as their second nationality. On one hand I appreciate the small detail that they have second nationality set to the club they were spawned in, but on the other hand that huge detail that Ukraine is not the kind of place you would find 20 odd SA wonderkids is kinda jarring. 

But here's a bigger joke. Half of Bayern's squad consists of world class wonderkids who just spawned there because apparently Bayern is undisputedly the best team in the world. 

I don't know what they changed with the generation system or whatever but this is definitely worse off than last year edition for sure. 

However the particular problem you face is something I have encountered in previous years. Regens can definitely spawn at older ages, oldest I've seen so far was a 24 year old zlatan who spawned at OL. But it seems that them asking so much for a relatively unknown player is a bit off... Maybe the AI is a cheating bastard who peeks at all the PAs of their players. 

It's probably from team he "regenerated" at and that he a few games under him. I manage to get Ribery regen for 220k from a lower league team in France.

In my experience, it's better to get them the moment they are just generated and whenever I intend to purchase them, I make an enquiry first and there are few occasions that their asking price is lower than what they are worth.

Edit: I also got an Ibrahimovic regen for 23 million euros and he's already 3 seasons into the game. I got him from FC Bayern.

Edited by ccac1993
2 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

Yep I'm into my 4th season now and I can confirm, regens are completely screwed up now. Before it was way more easier to poach regens from their local clubs, now it seems like any half decent regen will spawn at a 'big' club rather than a local team. In fact in my save its gotten to the point where a huge chunk of South American regens have popped up in Ukrainian clubs for some weird unknown reason and all of them have Ukrainian as their second nationality. On one hand I appreciate the small detail that they have second nationality set to the club they were spawned in, but on the other hand that huge detail that Ukraine is not the kind of place you would find 20 odd SA wonderkids is kinda jarring. 

But here's a bigger joke. Half of Bayern's squad consists of world class wonderkids who just spawned there because apparently Bayern is undisputedly the best team in the world. 

I don't know what they changed with the generation system or whatever but this is definitely worse off than last year edition for sure. 

However the particular problem you face is something I have encountered in previous years. Regens can definitely spawn at older ages, oldest I've seen so far was a 24 year old zlatan who spawned at OL. But it seems that them asking so much for a relatively unknown player is a bit off... Maybe the AI is a cheating bastard who peeks at all the PAs of their players. 

Oh thanks for letting me know.Maybe thats why i couldnt find a zlatan regen last year,probably cause i was always looking at U21s. As for the weird nationality regens,i got 2 irish players and 1 spainish players from my academy at the start of my second season which was quite weird cause i thought academy players were supposed to be from the same nationality as the league they graduated from.Its weirder as there are purely irish and spainish respectively and does not have german as second nationality.

2 hours ago, ccac1993 said:

It's probably from team he "regenerated" at and that he a few games under him. I manage to get Ribery regen for 220k from a lower league team in France.

In my experience, it's better to get them the moment they are just generated and whenever I intend to purchase them, I make an enquiry first and there are few occasions that their asking price is lower than what they are worth.

Edit: I also got an Ibrahimovic regen for 23 million euros and he's already 3 seasons into the game. I got him from FC Bayern.

Well,I was checking the player search quite often during the transfer window as i knew thats when new players normally just graduate but i guess i was a little late since he played 5 games which may? have increased his value.

Thanks for your inputs guys btw

I got ronaldo and messi regen very cheap less than 3m for both of them . Just get them before they move. I even have modric rakitic mandzukic bonucci  regen

9 hours ago, malvinabah said:

I got ronaldo and messi regen very cheap less than 3m for both of them . Just get them before they move. I even have modric rakitic mandzukic bonucci  regen

Yeah but “respawned” at psg and he did not move from any club as seen from above screenshots so I Guess there was nothing I could do about it

I got Messi from Juve for £2.3, Ronaldo from Vit. Guimaraes for £550K, Hunterlaar from Bayern for £1.5M, so bargains are definitely still there, even for those spawning at big clubs. On the other hand I've seen some priced way out of my range (Zlatan, Modric, Robben).

To me, in this save, it feels about right. I can still build an insane unrealistic squad via regens, but I can't get all of them! Fair enough... Just like real life (actually I couldn't get that many in real life, so...).

5 hours ago, Scratch said:

I got Messi from Juve for £2.3, Ronaldo from Vit. Guimaraes for £550K, Hunterlaar from Bayern for £1.5M, so bargains are definitely still there, even for those spawning at big clubs. On the other hand I've seen some priced way out of my range (Zlatan, Modric, Robben).

To me, in this save, it feels about right. I can still build an insane unrealistic squad via regens, but I can't get all of them! Fair enough... Just like real life (actually I couldn't get that many in real life, so...).

Ahh.Thats true..Can't get everyone ;) 

Also do you know roughly how long does a player have to be retired until their regen would their respawn? Maybe 6 months or 1 year? Maybe More?

1 hour ago, Semirsemko said:

How you find the regens?

Generally,I use nationality,Position(Obviously!),foot and sometimes with certain stats like communication etc. I'm not too sure what other stats doesn't change from the original to the regen but yeah certain stats works.Try filter them up. Good Luck!! :) 

4 hours ago, ManlikeReus said:

Also do you know roughly how long does a player have to be retired until their regen would their respawn? Maybe 6 months or 1 year? Maybe More?

Still trying to work out whether FMM19 is different from previous years or not, but in the past it really did vary. Some were available instantly. Most took a month or two, but I had at least a couple show up a year or two later...

Just a theory, but I think regens of other nationalities come back quickly (0-4 months), but at some regens of the nation you're playing go into some sort of queue for the youth academy, so take can longer.. I saw Ashley Cole turn up in my youth team 2 full years after retiring... Others are quicker than that though...

This is interesting. Is there a way to keep tabs on when players from other clubs are retiring? Also, is it a case of when a player of my own retires then they will come through my youth team?

Edited by ron1hy
1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Still trying to work out whether FMM19 is different from previous years or not, but in the past it really did vary. Some were available instantly. Most took a month or two, but I had at least a couple show up a year or two later...

Just a theory, but I think regens of other nationalities come back quickly (0-4 months), but at some regens of the nation you're playing go into some sort of queue for the youth academy, so take can longer.. I saw Ashley Cole turn up in my youth team 2 full years after retiring... Others are quicker than that though...

Ahh I see.Thanks for your answer!

19 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

This is interesting. Is there a way to keep tabs on when players from other clubs are retiring? Also, is it a case of when a player of my own retires then they will come through my youth team?

Regarding first question,Yes! You can use the shortlist button or save to scrapbook to store the “player” so as to Be able to refer later.However personally I just use screenshot.To find the retiring player I just search 30+,Expiring contracts and they are normally the ones retiring at the end of your current season.Just have to find them.Theres no certain age as In my save,CR7 is retiring at 37/39(can’t remember) while Messi has already retired at 32.

Regarding question 2,Nope.Its no necessarily true that your own ex player will resplendent from your youth academy as he can spawn somewhere else.But ofc there’s a very very Low chance,based on fluke, that it could happen and your regen player is your ex player.

4 hours ago, ManlikeReus said:

Ahh I see.Thanks for your answer!

Regarding first question,Yes! You can use the shortlist button or save to scrapbook to store the “player” so as to Be able to refer later.However personally I just use screenshot.To find the retiring player I just search 30+,Expiring contracts and they are normally the ones retiring at the end of your current season.Just have to find them.Theres no certain age as In my save,CR7 is retiring at 37/39(can’t remember) while Messi has already retired at 32.

Regarding question 2,Nope.Its no necessarily true that your own ex player will resplendent from your youth academy as he can spawn somewhere else.But ofc there’s a very very Low chance,based on fluke, that it could happen and your regen player is your ex player.

Ok. Thank you for that.

9 hours ago, ron1hy said:

How do I get to my scrap book?

You can go to the settings(In save game),Scrapbook is there,second from the bottom.There you can view scrapbooked players.Happy Tracking!

305052EA-246E-408E-AF2C-39FAECF668C6.jpeg

C437F1F4-2723-4BCD-BB3A-854ACCD648ED.jpeg

0C12FA0B-3351-4FDA-93CE-97D8CEA39C40.png

Edited by ManlikeReus

I see stuff like this happen fairly regularly (not all the time but often enough): 

First I add a very good player to my scrapbook and to my shortlist:

longway-season04s-01.jpg.eca34ae417e11e69576807681c822a13.jpg

He eventually retires:

longway-season04s-08.jpg.8e16c8f1a76e42ff4739be3227c17450.jpg

I go and find the regen:

longway-season04s-02.jpg.95d241b1c5e37738efe18ba130c45a65.jpg

This one has spawned immediately, which doesn't always happen, but great for this eg. He's gone straight to good club and costs £17M right away!! 😢

But....

Go to Make offer and it turns out he's transfer listed. Scout him and they say he's worth a fraction of his list price. 

longway-season04s-03.jpg.d1ab4d70d05370cad90cd3bf5f720149.jpg

Then offer £0 for him. They will reject with the real amount they'll accept, in this case £1.8 plus 15% sell on:

longway-season04s-05.jpg.169c1cd6405eb00257f0a95626d071c5.jpg

I don't like the sell on, so I negotiated up to £3.3M straight, but whatever works. 

Lots of transfer listed players can be bought on the cheap and lots of regens seem to end up transfer listed (at least for me).

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

I see stuff like this happen fairly regularly (not all the time but often enough): 

First I add a very good player to my scrapbook and to my shortlist:

longway-season04s-01.jpg.eca34ae417e11e69576807681c822a13.jpg

He eventually retires:

longway-season04s-08.jpg.8e16c8f1a76e42ff4739be3227c17450.jpg

I go and find the regen:

longway-season04s-02.jpg.95d241b1c5e37738efe18ba130c45a65.jpg

This one has spawned immediately, which doesn't always happen, but great for this eg. He's gone straight to good club and costs £17M right away!! 😢

But....

Go to Make offer and it turns out he's transfer listed. Scout him and they say he's worth a fraction of his list price. 

longway-season04s-03.jpg.d1ab4d70d05370cad90cd3bf5f720149.jpg

Then offer £0 for him. They will reject with the real amount they'll accept, in this case £1.8 plus 15% sell on:

longway-season04s-05.jpg.169c1cd6405eb00257f0a95626d071c5.jpg

I don't like the sell on, so I negotiated up to £3.3M straight, but whatever works. 

Lots of transfer listed players can be bought on the cheap and lots of regens seem to end up transfer listed (at least for me).

Wow that's good. How do you know for sure that he's the regen of RL? and how did you find the regen? Thanks

47 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

Wow that's good. How do you know for sure that he's the regen of RL? and how did you find the regen? Thanks

How I know: Same nationality, appeared directly after the real one (ie he didn't exist the previous year), same footed-ness, same colours for every position. That would be enough to confirm it.

And um, that weird bug that I just noticed right now, where the scrapbook entry for the original player has the same birthday as the regen player's birthday (not the original player's birthday)... Check the screenshots above: 3/10/2000...

How do I find them: I search for players with that nationality, that footedness and those positions (can search for these now in FMM19), aged 16 - to 24 and then check the other stuff matches up...

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

How I know: Same nationality, appeared directly after the real one (ie he didn't exist the previous year), same footed-ness, same colours for every position. That would be enough to confirm it.

And um, that weird bug that I just noticed right now, where the scrapbook entry for the original player has the same birthday as the regen player's birthday (not the original player's birthday)... Check the screenshots above: 3/10/2000...

How do I find them: I search for players with that nationality, that footedness and those positions (can search for these now in FMM19), aged 16 - to 24 and then check the other stuff matches up...

Ok. What about stats - do i put some of those in the filter as well? Thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, ron1hy said:

Ok. What about stats - do i put some of those in the filter as well? Thanks for the info.

No, you can't really find them using that as the stats often come back different... Just positions (but sometimes these change too), footedness and nationality. It's not always straight forward to find them and sometimes they don't come back for a year or so, so basically you have to be always looking...

19 hours ago, Scratch said:

That turned out to be a false alarm. There is a bug with the scrapbook where ALL scrapbook entries get the birthday of the last player whose detail screen you looked at. For me, it just happened to be the regen, because that was who I'd just been looking at. Anyway, bug reported and replicated by SI Games...

On 19/11/2018 at 14:14, RPA123456 said:

I have had this with PSG in my Aston Villa save - however I did managed to get them for far lower than the listed value as many were transfer listed

On 19/11/2018 at 16:45, ManlikeReus said:

Oh thanks for letting me know.Maybe thats why i couldnt find a zlatan regen last year,probably cause i was always looking at U21s. As for the weird nationality regens,i got 2 irish players and 1 spainish players from my academy at the start of my second season which was quite weird cause i thought academy players were supposed to be from the same nationality as the league they graduated from.Its weirder as there are purely irish and spainish respectively and does not have german as second nationality.

Well,I was checking the player search quite often during the transfer window as i knew thats when new players normally just graduate but i guess i was a little late since he played 5 games which may? have increased his value.

Thanks for your inputs guys btw

With you 1005 on the regen nationality - in my one save with Man City I had a bunch of Italians (one who looks unbelievable) yet with Aston Villa and Benfica iv'e had mostly Germans