Jump to content
FMM Vibe
  • Sign Up
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kts365

Challenges 2009 england U-21 Challenge

Recommended Posts

Intro

Its almost 10 years ago, england have a crop of young promising players, its the 2009 U-21 European Championships. 

England topped group B, going undefeated.

They go through the semi-final after a    3-3 thriller and a penalty finish.

England are finalists, facing Germany. This is a strong bunch, having drawn with Germany in group B originally. These young stars are ready to set the world alight...... oh wait, they got smashed 4-0.

The Squad

So we look back and that Germany squad had Neuer, Boateng, Özil, Hummels.

The England squad had Hart, Milner, Rose and Walcott.

I would say those are the 4 best/most successful players from each squad.

Here is the full list of England U-21 players and their current club/situation.

Spoiler

Gk

Joe Hart - Burnley 

Joe Lewis - Aberdeen 

Scott Loach - Hartlepool 

Def

Martin Cranie - Sheff Utd

Andrew Taylor - Bolton 

Richard Stearman- Sheff Utd 

Nedum Onuoha - Real Salt lake 

James Tomkins - Crystal Palace

Micah Richards - Aston Villa

Michael Mancienne - New England Revolution

Kieran Gibbs - West Brom

Danny Rose - Spurs

Mid

Lee Cattermole - Sunderland

James Milner - Liverpool

Craig Gardner - Birmingham

Mark Noble - West Ham

Adam Johnson - Prison

Fabrice Muamba - Unfortunately Retired

Jack Rodwell - Blackburn

Andrew Driver - De Graafschap

Att

Gabriel Agbonlahor - Free Agent

Theo Walcott - Everton

Frazier Campbell - Hull

The Challenge

It is clear to see that these players did not become the premier league superstars they could have been. Now in their later years (most 30+) its your job to show what could have been.

  • Load up England - All leagues, Scotland, MLS and Dutch leagues
  • Choose a premier league team 
  • Sign the 21 players available (or at least 18 for a squad)
  • Play 1 full season

Scoring

Your points total will be your premier league points total plus your premier league goal difference.

Rules

  • May only play players on the list above, injuries may only be covered by greyed out players.
  • No unlockables
  • No cheating/reloading etc

Leaderboard

1. @stevieg1980 - 110 points

2. @kts365  -  77 points

3.

Edited by kts365

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @kts365 do we have to load all the leagues metioned to do the challenge? I play on the touch version so can only load 3 leagues and my tablet is quite laggy so if it's possible can I load just the English leagues? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Westside said:

Hey @kts365 do we have to load all the leagues metioned to do the challenge? I play on the touch version so can only load 3 leagues and my tablet is quite laggy so if it's possible can I load just the English leagues? 

It might hamper the number of players you can sign with 2 in the usa, 1 in Holland and one in scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, kts365 said:

It might hamper the number of players you can sign with 2 in the usa, 1 in Holland and one in scotland

The two in the USA have only just joined their club so don't think you can sign them anyway and Andrew Driver is a free agent so can sign him without the Dutch league loaded and Joe Lewis is loaded without Scottish League so only England is possible.

 

Edited by Westside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Westside said:

The two in the USA have only just joined their club so don't think you can sign them anyway and Andrew Driver is a free agent so can sign him without the Dutch league loaded and Joe Lewis is loaded without Scottish League so only England is possible.

 

In that case. Go wild mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally started this challenge last night, I started as Arsenal and signed all the players available except for Micah Richards as he had no interest in joining the club. I tried sign Richards on a few saves but he had no interest in joining on any of them, bummer. I've played through the pre season I lost to Swansea 1-0 but then beat Sheffield Wednesday, Mainz and Hannover. Fraizer Campbell scoring 3 of my teams 5 goals.

I went to post screenshots but they disappeared after I posted the comment, no idea how I post them lol! Maybe I need to upload them and leave them as attachments?

I will keep posting my progress and let you all know how I do, I'm very excited for this challenge, I'll try post screenshots for prove next post. Have you started the challenge @kts365 or anyone in general?

Edited by Westside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2018 at 10:14, Westside said:

Finally started this challenge last night, I started as Arsenal and signed all the players available except for Micah Richards as he had no interest in joining the club. I tried sign Richards on a few saves but he had no interest in joining on any of them, bummer. I've played through the pre season I lost to Swansea 1-0 but then beat Sheffield Wednesday, Mainz and Hannover. Fraizer Campbell scoring 3 of my teams 5 goals.

I went to post screenshots but they disappeared after I posted the comment, no idea how I post them lol! Maybe I need to upload them and leave them as attachments?

I will keep posting my progress and let you all know how I do, I'm very excited for this challenge, I'll try post screenshots for prove next post. Have you started the challenge @kts365 or anyone in general?

How has it been going mate?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the premise of this and am about to give it a whirl myself. 

Just a couple of questions. 

So we have to use and specific style or formation? 

Are we able to give contracts to the greyed out players should we have one that looks decent?

Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, stevieg1980 said:

I love the premise of this and am about to give it a whirl myself. 

Just a couple of questions. 

So we have to use and specific style or formation? 

Are we able to give contracts to the greyed out players should we have one that looks decent?

Cheers. 

You can use any tactic you like at all. Whatever suits your style of play and/or the players.

As for the greyed out players. No, you cannot offer them contracts, i basically put that small clause in for the unlikely chance that you end up with all three keepers injured. However. If you don't have 10 players uninjured to put on the pitch I will allow a greyed out player to be offered a contract with a screenshot of the injuries as proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kts365 said:

You can use any tactic you like at all. Whatever suits your style of play and/or the players.

As for the greyed out players. No, you cannot offer them contracts, i basically put that small clause in for the unlikely chance that you end up with all three keepers injured. However. If you don't have 10 players uninjured to put on the pitch I will allow a greyed out player to be offered a contract with a screenshot of the injuries as proof.

Thanks for the clarification. 

 

It's started well with Liverpool. P10 W8 D1 L1. Europe not so good. But its the league position that matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, stevieg1980 said:

Thanks for the clarification. 

 

It's started well with Liverpool. P10 W8 D1 L1. Europe not so good. But its the league position that matters. 

Sounds like a very good start. Yeah sod europe. The league is the aim. I look forward to seeing your score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×