Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics A very solid 3-2-2-2-1 setup

So I have been playing around with a 3-4-3 setup based off this Wolves system from their early games in last years Premier League, this;

2OztmMs.jpg

I've had a very good season with it, so I also applied it to a save I have on my tablet where I'm part way through a season as Wolfsburg & England manager and it's showing good results there too. Now like most successful tactics you will need to have or buy, players that fit the roles well and especially important is a good target man. When I lost Iheanacho to injury the tactic wasn't as effective for that period. As you can see though my squad is hardly a world class one and still performed very well. Anyway here are the results;

flIce2G.png

IagEWrz.png

VYRFOD1.png

ftKzcdX.png

Goals;

wdDGk02.png

Assists;

vkvbHbc.png

Results;

lrsjcvv.png

stz63uz.png

RD3uu1W.png

W09tbAc.png

RW0gZez.png

31 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Its looking really good, did you notice what to change against Tottenham, they seem to have the advantage ;)?

They beat me 3 times, and I beat them twice including the one that really counted in the Champions League Quarter Final. Didn't stop me winning the league title either. Not overly concerned by them 😎

2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

They beat me 3 times, and I beat them twice including the one that really counted in the Champions League Quarter Final. Didn't stop me winning the league title either. Not overly concerned by them 😎

Great - did you try out the tactic elsewhere :)?

4 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Great - did you try out the tactic elsewhere :)?

As I said in the post, I applied it to a save on my tablet that I was part way through, where I have the England job as well as Managing Wolfsburg and it's shown good results there too. That one hasn't been a full season though.

If you want 'plug-and-play' then this should be your go-to tactics. Got the Crystal Palace job on match day 26 when they were 19th on the log with a team ravaged by injuries. Didn't lose any match until the end of the season including winning the FA Cup against Spurs. The fixtures schedule at point was Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City. Won all but one which was a draw against Liverpool. I'll be sticking with this for sometime.

Great job @Schwantz34

Since I applied the tactic part way through a Wolfsburg save as well as my full Leeds test, I continued into the next season with Wolfsburg to get a full season test there too. Here are the results. The goals scored look a little odd but I think it's because I was rotating Mitrovic and Werner a lot.

tT1S3Wj.jpg

Goals

WHqJnZN.jpg

Assists

5TYkcsV.jpg

Results

4Ux2xc2.jpg

dWMgv9V.jpg

UJn8DFR.jpg

3Pe9omA.jpg

G1Srbo1.jpg

1PSObV5.jpg

4 hours ago, shosky said:

If you want 'plug-and-play' then this should be your go-to tactics. Got the Crystal Palace job on match day 26 when they were 19th on the log with a team ravaged by injuries. Didn't lose any match until the end of the season including winning the FA Cup against Spurs. The fixtures schedule at point was Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City. Won all but one which was a draw against Liverpool. I'll be sticking with this for sometime.

Great job @Schwantz34

Maybe you got lucky with the tactic; that being said, Crystal Palace usually have the players to suit that kind of style.

since the update a couple of weeks back all my ‘go-to’ tactics just doesn’t seem to work.

For the record, I’ll put my hand up and admit that I generally use tactics posted on here, in which i’ll also take the time to say thank you to those who have contributed to this site over the years for passive players like to me interact with (I rarely have time to invest when playing on the tablet and generally like to live out my fantasy of taking Rag Arse Rovers from the bottom division to the top), but I feel like A LOTA tactics that have worked wonders in the past don’t seem to work now.

Maybe the Wolfsburg career that’s being used just has such a quality and versatile squad that it doesn’t matter as much the tactics anymore? Maybe there’s a new tactic to be found now that the algorithm has changed with the update?

Edited by Tomwalker2286
3 hours ago, Tomwalker2286 said:

Maybe you got lucky with the tactic; that being said, Crystal Palace usually have the players to suit that kind of style.

since the update a couple of weeks back all my ‘go-to’ tactics just doesn’t seem to work.

For the record, I’ll put my hand up and admit that I generally use tactics posted on here, in which i’ll also take the time to say thank you to those who have contributed to this site over the years for passive players like to me interact with (I rarely have time to invest when playing on the tablet and generally like to live out my fantasy of taking Rag Arse Rovers from the bottom division to the top), but I feel like A LOTA tactics that have worked wonders in the past don’t seem to work now.

Maybe the Wolfsburg career that’s being used just has such a quality and versatile squad that it doesn’t matter as much the tactics anymore? Maybe there’s a new tactic to be found now that the algorithm has changed with the update?

I think you are right. I used this same tactics that I have praised so much on a Liverpool save and it's a different story entirely. They only managed to beat the small teams and lost to all the big teams. Salah, Mane, Firmino now found it hard to score.

I'm sorry about my first comment. Cheers!

58 minutes ago, shosky said:

I think you are right. I used this same tactics that I have praised so much on a Liverpool save and it's a different story entirely. They only managed to beat the small teams and lost to all the big teams. Salah, Mane, Firmino now found it hard to score.

I'm sorry about my first comment. Cheers!

All good @shosky no worries! Thanks for replying!

I should technically ask this on another thread on it’s own, even though I know it’s a loaded question and a debate; but has anyone found a recent tactic that’s good for any team/plug’n’play? 

One of my favorite aspects of the FMM wasn’t necessarily winning everything with Man Utd or Liverpool (or even your own team, which in my case is Middlesbrough); it was about re-creating scenarios from other eras in real time but using a tried and tested tactic.

For instance, I’m trying to take AFC Wimbledon back to Premier League using mainly youth players, free transfers, bargains and British/Caribbean players (ie early 90s Wimbledon). However, after the recent updates, my tactics are completely useless...

7 hours ago, Tomwalker2286 said:

I used the tactic with Leeds originally, Wolfsburg was after and had a better team because of my transfers. I have also used it with Everton successfully and Genoa in Italy. A lot of the time it depends on the players you sign for the roles with any tactic you use.

Just now, Tomwalker2286 said:

Nice. Going to give it a go with Concord Rangers. Wish me luck!

Like all tactics it won't work everywhere, but if you get the right players in for the roles it can be very effective. Enjoy giving it a go 👍

7 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Like all tactics it won't work everywhere, but if you get the right players in for the roles it can be very effective. Enjoy giving it a go 👍

Totally agree.

I’ve generally found that with the FMM series, the tactics have become more player specific throughout the years. Even if you find a universal tactic, it can turn a relegation team into a top 4/6 team or a midtable into champions. I think this is especially true for the current version.

I’ve also found that some tactics work fine through the divisions, although I guess this is partly because I tend to scout for cheap/young players for the roles that already exists anyway (long gone are the days of me buying dozens of South American regens and hoarding them on my reserves...)