Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help UEFA Coefficients Help ??

Hope some members are UEFA coefficient experts and can clear up a few questions I have below. I was thinking of doing a league coefficient challenge but needed some clarification on the rankings.  I included in game screenshots at bottom for reference. Sorry if it’s known why but us Americans can’t keep up with everything overseas. Seems to me the rankings go # (UCL/UEL):

#1-4 (4/3)

#5-6 (3/3)

#7-15 (2/3)

#16-50 (1/3)

#51-55 (1/2)

1a-Why are certain countries getting more teams or less teams than their actual ranking place ? 
Examples Portugal 6th only 2/3 should be 3/3? Russia 7th gets 3/3 but should be 2/3 ? Also 18th Croatia has 2/3 but should be 1/3 ? 

1b-If a country passes them will they get the extra spots too or not ? Will leagues already short spots like Portugal, Switzerland, & N.Ireland always be short even if they move up rankings enough where they get another team ? Example if Portugal moves up from 6th to 4th will they have full 4/3 or only be 3/3 still short one UCL spot as they are at start ?? 

3- UCL = Champions League, UEL = Europa League and ECL = ??? What are the ECL spots for ? Everyone has zero now but what will they be based on in the future ?

Actual Rankings at start

1F0469ED-DFF1-45A5-8916-2D2253F045F9.thumb.png.677106df4b3bf7ec501aa38f1bab55a5.pngCAB53138-2BB8-4076-A8FD-83D728DAE6B1.thumb.png.30a76966a76c2f7b3037869cfffa3f5c.png3F4FCDEA-224E-464B-B6F4-0181D7B1586D.thumb.png.0192b2fc75f41653c2c31dc15dafeb8f.png166E88AB-434C-4C7D-9567-07429F37AAC4.thumb.png.7706a3399aa8bd5f54967eb232c2ad9f.png7BABFB76-84AE-4459-9C80-2C7639E7F670.thumb.png.8414aad8bb2803d7d52a0d75f4e511e7.png

Thanks for any help ... from a confused American

Th ECL number is for the Euro 2 competition I think and that doesn’t come in until the 3rd season so it will be 0 till it starts.

This is what UEFA say about the system on there website.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/about/

The association club coefficients are based on the results of each association's clubs in the five previous UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League seasons. The rankings determine the number of places allocated to an association (country) in forthcoming UEFA club competition.

The season association club coefficients are based on the results of each association's clubs in the current UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League season. The rankings, combined with those of the four previous campaigns, determine the number of places allocated to each association (country) in the forthcoming UEFA club competitions.

Points system
1. Each team gets two points for a win and one point for a draw (points are halved for matches in the qualifying and play-off rounds). 
2. Clubs that reach the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Champions League, or the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Europa League, are awarded an extra point for each round. 
3. In addition, four points are awarded for participation in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League and four points for qualifying for the round of 16.

Coefficient calculation
The coefficient is calculated by working out an average score: dividing the number of points obtained, by the total number of clubs representing an association in that season’s two club competitions. The resulting figure is then tallied with the results of the previous four seasons to calculate the coefficient. Where two associations have the same coefficient, the association with the higher coefficient in the most recent season is placed first.

These will be updated after each round of UEFA club competition matches.

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

Th ECL number is for the Euro 2 competition I think and that doesn’t come in until the 3rd season so it will be 0 till it starts.

This is what UEFA say about the system on there website.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/about/

The association club coefficients are based on the results of each association's clubs in the five previous UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League seasons. The rankings determine the number of places allocated to an association (country) in forthcoming UEFA club competition.

The season association club coefficients are based on the results of each association's clubs in the current UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League season. The rankings, combined with those of the four previous campaigns, determine the number of places allocated to each association (country) in the forthcoming UEFA club competitions.

Points system
1. Each team gets two points for a win and one point for a draw (points are halved for matches in the qualifying and play-off rounds). 
2. Clubs that reach the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Champions League, or the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Europa League, are awarded an extra point for each round. 
3. In addition, four points are awarded for participation in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League and four points for qualifying for the round of 16.

Coefficient calculation
The coefficient is calculated by working out an average score: dividing the number of points obtained, by the total number of clubs representing an association in that season’s two club competitions. The resulting figure is then tallied with the results of the previous four seasons to calculate the coefficient. Where two associations have the same coefficient, the association with the higher coefficient in the most recent season is placed first.

These will be updated after each round of UEFA club competition matches.

Thx for the ECL info didn’t know was in FMM as I didn’t think it was all setup already being a new competition. 
I went to UEFA site and Wiki page but only seems to talk about Exceptions for Lichtenstein and Kosovo . Just seems there should be some asterisk to the leagues have more or less teams than rank shows ? Idk was thinking be some scandal, punishment or another explanation for adding/subtraction of spots on FMM rankings.  Unless it’s a mistake on FMM side? 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Thx for the ECL info didn’t know was in FMM as I didn’t think it was all setup already being a new competition. 
I went to UEFA site and Wiki page but only seems to talk about Exceptions for Lichtenstein and Kosovo . Just seems there should be some asterisk to the leagues have more or less teams than rank shows ? Idk was thinking be some scandal, punishment or another explanation for adding/subtraction of spots on FMM rankings.  Unless it’s a mistake on FMM side? 🤷‍♂️

Don't forget the place allocation will change the season after, because at the start of season the number of Europeans places is determined, I expect Portugal would go up to 3/3 place in the next season.