Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tactic help with english lower league

russy

I have just started my new save..and I'm determined to do this with the EME..i always used OME on previous versions..

Took charge of Kettering in the lowest English league and I'm getting messed up..7 games in and no points..I'm relying on promoted youths and already here younger players..any help will be muchly appreciated..I want to get a base down for a long save with Kettering but i can't see it happening atm..cheers guys

I usually look for free transfers at the lower leagues. You can usually build a nice team consisting of only freebies. This was on previous games mind so things might’ve changed but when I used to build a team up from the bottom I’d go the free route almost solely until we got to about say League one and by that time I’d usually have a fair budget and the frees I would find aren’t as good for that league.

i looked at the freebies/loans and there was no one there, maybe i did the filter wrong, ill boot up soon and keep plodding along

1 hour ago, LiamTaylor said:

This you mean and I still use it sometimes 

Cheers, yeah, simple and classic. Loans are great down there, and frees too as Ian said, just for the opportunity to sell them at worst and make something on nothing...

ok i found all the free players and signed alot, out with the 0.5 stars in with the 4/5 stars..i just need to get a good tactic going, ill work with the streghs of my players now instead of trying to follow a tactic, looks like it will be a 41212 narrow..

man i suck at this game..haha

Well signed a whole new squad of freebies and now performing well..should be ok to stay up this season anyway..just blown the wage budget apart..oops

This is probably too late, but when I'm in the lower leagues, I buy the fastest striker I can find and play long ball (yes long ball, not direct). The result is something like this:

That's from a couple of versions ago, but still seems to work for me. Breaks down somewhere around L1 as defenders get better at anticipating those passes.

Sweet will look at giving it a try when I manage to get a pacey striker..for the moment the 41212 is doing well