Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help AP Scoring - Lone Striker Not

Hi, I'm just after some advice/hints! I have made a tactic and it seems to be working quite well but I wanted my forward (Callum Wilson) to score more, whereas my AP who is in the AM position (Harry Wilson) seems to be scoring most of my goals. Could this be down to Wilson having better shooting than passing or is it his role/position?

I'd turn Work Into Box on - in theory players should pass it into the box more, rather than shoot from outside, so it might stop some of Wilson's shots. Probably won't stop them all as he's probably getting into the box.

Personally, with my goal scoring careers, I never use the AMC position for just this reason - they pinch too many goals. That said I know some do use them in goal scoring careers with great success. I'm not sure how they do it (hopefully some will comment here), but my guess is they pick the player carefully.

I find some players are more likely to assist than score and some are the other way around. There are lots of things that probably go into that (the hidden Selfishness attribute, the likes to take long shots trait, the hidden Long Shots attribute etc, etc). If I find a player is scoring too much, I swap him for someone else and repeat until I find someone who doesn't.

Also, it might be worth you reading through this thread for ideas (lots of gold in there): https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/43966-building-a-tactic-for-a-lone-striker/

I agree with Scratch. Though I’ve never try goalscoring with a player that have low aerial, I saw some people try playing direct/long passing with two player in AMC

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I'd turn Work Into Box on - in theory players should pass it into the box more, rather than shoot from outside, so it might stop some of Wilson's shots. Probably won't stop them all as he's probably getting into the box.

Personally, with my goal scoring careers, I never use the AMC position for just this reason - they pinch too many goals. That said I know some do use them in goal scoring careers with great success. I'm not sure how they do it (hopefully some will comment here), but my guess is they pick the player carefully.

I find some players are more likely to assist than score and some are the other way around. There are lots of things that probably go into that (the hidden Selfishness attribute, the likes to take long shots trait, the hidden Long Shots attribute etc, etc). If I find a player is scoring too much, I swap him for someone else and repeat until I find someone who doesn't.

Also, it might be worth you reading through this thread for ideas (lots of gold in there): https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/43966-building-a-tactic-for-a-lone-striker/

Thanks mate some useful information there, I dont know where I could put the AP if not in the AMC position, maybe switch the BWM to DM position and add a DLP or CM in there?

added 0 minutes later
58 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I agree with Scratch. Though I’ve never try goalscoring with a player that have low aerial, I saw some people try playing direct/long passing with two player in AMC

So maybe switch to direct passing and see if that misses Harry Wilson out abit more in the build up?

I personally find that if I don’t have anyone at AMC then my deeper central midfielders usually end up scoring more so six and two threes in most of my systems anyway. I haven’t really got anything great going yet with just one up top but I have been avoiding the aerial thing in all of my tests and that will make a big difference. Like I don’t think my Kean system from last year works as well this year based on my tests yet it actually might if I used a 18-20 aerial striker.

So I can’t really add much to this discussion at the moment but ultimately it’s about trial and error testing with different settings and player types.

40 minutes ago, Ian said:

I personally find that if I don’t have anyone at AMC then my deeper central midfielders usually end up scoring more so six and two threes in most of my systems anyway. I haven’t really got anything great going yet with just one up top but I have been avoiding the aerial thing in all of my tests and that will make a big difference. Like I don’t think my Kean system from last year works as well this year based on my tests yet it actually might if I used a 18-20 aerial striker.

So I can’t really add much to this discussion at the moment but ultimately it’s about trial and error testing with different settings and player types.

What do you think of what I have so far mate? It seems to work okay, I wish we had player instructions like the full game to shoot less etc.

5 minutes ago, Ruvio4 said:

What do you think of what I have so far mate? It seems to work okay, I wish we had player instructions like the full game to shoot less etc.

I’ve got a few things I’d personally try looking at what you’ve got there but this is meant for a top side so may well be a disaster at Brighton. Anyway, I’d be tempted to go with an AP instead on the BWM and one with great movement, not looking for just 15 but more like 17-20 and I’d focus train that attribute on him if it’s less as it more than likely will be with the options you’ll have for Brighton. I’d go wingers instead of DW’s and I’m not so keen on two AP’s so I’d be changing the AMC to a different role, probably an AM yet that’s just something I have in my head which might be wrong so maybe the two AP’s might work ok and be worth trying. I’d probably lose the expressive and add work ball into box and try the rest as is but we all have ideas and it’s just trying stuff with tests and such. I say all of this yet your original system may well be much better.

In terms of players and attributes there’s loads of stuff I think of but with this I find the BBM’s really important and you really want everything yet can never quite get what you want lol. I’d focus on stamina and pace in particular first off and then be looking at other attributes.

Plenty of ways to go about it though and testing is the only solution but it can obviously take quite a long time.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

I’ve got a few things I’d personally try looking at what you’ve got there but this is meant for a top side so may well be a disaster at Brighton. Anyway, I’d be tempted to go with an AP instead on the BWM and one with great movement, not looking for just 15 but more like 17-20 and I’d focus train that attribute on him if it’s less as it more than likely will be with the options you’ll have for Brighton. I’d go wingers instead of DW’s and I’m not so keen on two AP’s so I’d be changing the AMC to a different role, probably an AM yet that’s just something I have in my head which might be wrong so maybe the two AP’s might work ok and be worth trying. I’d probably lose the expressive and add work ball into box and try the rest as is but we all have ideas and it’s just trying stuff with tests and such. I say all of this yet your original system may well be much better.

In terms of players and attributes there’s loads of stuff I think of but with this I find the BBM’s really important and you really want everything yet can never quite get what you want lol. I’d focus on stamina and pace in particular first off and then be looking at other attributes.

Plenty of ways to go about it though and testing is the only solution but it can obviously take quite a long time.

Thanks for such a detailed reply mate, I might look at having a playmaker in a deep role to dictate play from the centre of the park as opposed to further up the pitch.

You don’t have many roles in your team that’ll create chances for the striker. I always play wingers in that flat line, and like Ian said an APM in it would also be good. I expect the ball is being passed from the middle line to Wilson in second line, who is then scoring a fair few long shots. Also, I find AFs move from side to side and are more of a team player, thus generating space for Wilson. Switching your striker to a poacher maintains a central and furthest forward position.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

You don’t have many roles in your team that’ll create chances for the striker. I always play wingers in that flat line, and like Ian said an APM in it would also be good. I expect the ball is being passed from the middle line to Wilson in second line, who is then scoring a fair few long shots. Also, I find AFs move from side to side and are more of a team player, thus generating space for Wilson. Switching your striker to a poacher maintains a central and furthest forward position.

Thanks for them tips mate they are really handy, I'll try to implement them!