Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Goalkeeper distribution

Wolf616

Why is it my keeper almost always hoofs the ball upfield from goal kicks even though I've set distribution to short and there's often a free defender to pass it to?

Every single game he does this repeatedly and at least once it will lead to them scoring as he inevitably kicks it to my tiny AMC.

Any way to fix this??

You can try setting creative freedom to disciplined, passing to shorter, defensive line to deeper, and a DLP sometimes will come short to collect the ball, but ultimately, goalkeeper distribution took decades to fix in full FM, and it's still a disaster on FMM. One way to circumvent it a bit is to not use any playmaker roles, since a GK will always try to put a pass onto the head of any playmaker role, no matter how impossible it is for them to win the header. So I just skip playmakers in the midfield and use them out wide or use a DLF or Treq, which are also playmaker roles for the GK to target. 

Short distribution is a good idea in theory, but the midfield doesn't move back to close the space with the back line, and the keeper ignores them half of the time anyway. It's one of the absolute worst things about the match engine, and I wouldn't really count on it to be changed anytime soon. 

Thanks for the tips. Annoyingly all things I'm either doing already or don't really want to do (deep line, wing playmakers etc.)

I'd have twice as many clean sheets if my stupid keeper would just PASS IT WIDE TO THE FULL BACK

Edited by Wolf616
On 20/02/2021 at 12:16, Wolf616 said:

Thanks for the tips. Annoyingly all things I'm either doing already or don't really want to do (deep line, wing playmakers etc.)

I'd have twice as many clean sheets if my stupid keeper would just PASS IT WIDE TO THE FULL BACK

I've found it helps to use a BPD (I use 2 personally) and my keeper rarely hoofs the ball upfield