Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 41212

danK7RNY

On 07/01/2022 at 12:38, Caseh said:

Are you using the original version or with with the AP altered? 

Only change I made was AP to a SS … currently using Musiala and he’s killing it 

6E0DC5A1-8625-431A-B68A-8920C6506AAC.png

Using Swansea, I've found it's really patchy. I've had to switch a forward to an inside forward to trouble defences. The main issue seems to be no sooner than I lose a game, a raft of players all of a sudden have "should not be in contention for a first team place" no sooner than having been "good players" and that really harms this setup. 

I played a couple of seasons of it with Newcastle, and found changing the CM to RP and AP to SS seemed to work quite well. Seemed to make scoring a little more consistent without too much detriment to the defence

I've found dropping the target man for another centre back has really tightened up the amount of chances I was giving away. I've fluctuated between 5-1-2-1 and 5-3-1-1, the latter being most effective in the later stages. 

Trying this with Wolves, first season and summer transfer window disabled. It’s producing good results but I’m coming undone in the middle of the park, even when playing bang average teams. Trying to pass through the centre means I get tackled a lot and then the opposition can counter effectively with a smart ball over the top to a quick forward.  So a few questions of how to fix to the guys who are bossing it with this tactic:

1) are you changing the mentality a lot in game? Eg if you go one goal up are you reducing the mentality straight away?

2) do your centre mids and poacher have good arial ability? I’m losing possession from every goal kick pretty much.

3) for centre backs have you prioritised pace and physical attributes or is it more important that they can play the ball out of trouble?

4) what proportion do your goals are coming from that special corner routine roughly? It’s bailing me out more often than I’d like currently.

On 08/01/2022 at 18:22, Caseh said:

I played a couple of seasons of it with Newcastle, and found changing the CM to RP and AP to SS seemed to work quite well. Seemed to make scoring a little more consistent without too much detriment to the defence

I've played with Ipswich Town over 2 seasons. First season I won League One, gaining promotion. Then 2nd season I came second, also gaining promotion to PL. I have played with a 5-2-2-1 formation  for the 2 first seasons. After I gained promotion to the Premier League I have changed to this 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Struggled in the beginning, but thanks to this tip, CM to RP and AP to SS, my tactic has been alot better!

7 hours ago, Magnaldinho said:

I've played with Ipswich Town over 2 seasons. First season I won League One, gaining promotion. Then 2nd season I came second, also gaining promotion to PL. I have played with a 5-2-2-1 formation  for the 2 first seasons. After I gained promotion to the Premier League I have changed to this 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Struggled in the beginning, but thanks to this tip, CM to RP and AP to SS, my tactic has been alot better!

Changing the AP to SS is definitely the way to go ... glad it's working for you 

This is my goto formation for every FMM, it works well if you have the right stated players, i tend to use a DLP instead of anchor, AP and BWM in midfield, its not an amazing tatctic but its solid and can work in pretty much every league