Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips FM23 Mobile Wonderkids Complete List

Stam

8 hours ago, Scratch said:

Height (and weight) is stored in the save game file.

Marc Vaughan (the game designer) has said quite a few times that height isn't used by the match engine - ie when working out if a player wins a header etc, it only uses Aerial (which is made up of Heading and Jumping that you can't see) and it does NOT use height. 

But, I have a theory (never proven) that although the match engine doesn't use height, MAYBE the game uses height to work out whether a player is likely to improve Aerial. Whether that's true or completely wrong, I don't know. I have asked Marc a couple of times, but he never answered that directly. Anyway, I just chose to use tall players myself, just in case. 

As for my app, I've got the basic changes for FMM23 worked out, but I need to rewrite the entire app using the latest version of the software, so that Google Play will accept it AND part of that is working out a way around the restrictive file permissions in newer versions of Android. So... gonna take a while... :(

Uhuh, weird but that theory is sound I think. I mean, there's always those oddities like Cannavaro and Tim Cahill that's smoll but really good at heading 😂

On 08/11/2022 at 23:32, Ariza8 said:

15 y.o, 5* Brazilian striker. 3kc anyone? 😅

Gotta get it done this time. He looks amazing, im sure he could do that. 

4 hours ago, Ariza8 said:

Good luck! 

It will take lot of time to figure everything out. First test today was very positive, scored some hell of the goals. Looking to test it more

Hey all. Is there any good young Target Man for cheap you know (max 5m)? It doesn't need to be a wonderkid, around 100 CA and 150 PA is enough for me. I was transferring Nacho Ferri in FMM22 who fits this description but i can't this year. Because i play with only 2 leagues in FMM23 cause of the game is extremely slow. So is there such a player i can find in every save or England selected save?

2 hours ago, TheF said:

Hey all. Is there any good young Target Man for cheap you know (max 5m)? It doesn't need to be a wonderkid, around 100 CA and 150 PA is enough for me. I was transferring Nacho Ferri in FMM22 who fits this description but i can't this year. Because i play with only 2 leagues in FMM23 cause of the game is extremely slow. So is there such a player i can find in every save or England selected save?

You could try this guy

Screenshot_20221126-175612_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221126-175620_FM23 Mobile.jpg

39 minutes ago, Ariza8 said:

Tijn de Boggende, Rijhkoff, Miles Leaburn? 

Well just try every ST player in wonderkid list. 

Thanks for suggestion but i already checked the wonderkid list and they are expensive

7 minutes ago, VinnieV said:

You could try this guy

This is exactly the profile i want. I immediately go to check it out in game. Thanks

9 hours ago, Ariza8 said:

Tijn de Boggende, Rijhkoff, Miles Leaburn? 

Well just try every ST player in wonderkid list. 

Leaburn was great value for this sort of thing last year, but isn't much good this year - his PA averaged at 120 over 24 saves, whereas he was in the 140s last year.

8 hours ago, VinnieV said:

You could try this guy

Clarke is okay, averaged PA of 135 over 24 saves (min of 116, max of 150) and 191cm tall. I think Josh Coburn from Middlesbrough is the slightly better choice - same height, average PA of 141 over 24 saves (min of 132, max of 154). 

If you could afford Liam Delap he'd be a better choice (although a little shorter), but he's probably too expensive. Not sure how much Coburn costs for that matter, hope it's not too high.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Leaburn was great value for this sort of thing last year, but isn't much good this year - his PA averaged at 120 over 24 saves, whereas he was in the 140s last year.

Clarke is okay, averaged PA of 135 over 24 saves (min of 116, max of 150) and 191cm tall. I think Josh Coburn from Middlesbrough is the slightly better choice - same height, average PA of 141 over 24 saves (min of 132, max of 154). 

If you could afford Liam Delap he'd be a better choice (although a little shorter), but he's probably too expensive. Not sure how much Coburn costs for that matter, hope it's not too high.

Thanks scratch. I'll check it out

9 hours ago, fotakis276718 said:

@Scratch what is your opinion about Libasse Ngom? 

Oh yeah, he's really good, 190cm, average PA of 157 across 6 saves with minimum of 147 and max of 168. I hadn't noticed him before as he is an AMC rather than a ST, but he 16 out of 20 for ST and should retrain there pretty easily. I wanna give him a go now! 😀

The only thing is that he doesn't seem to show up for most leagues, so you will need to work out which nations needed to be loaded (well, you've obviously worked that out already, but anyone else will need to work it out). 

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Oh yeah, he's really good, 190cm, average PA of 157 across 6 saves with minimum of 147 and max of 168. I hadn't noticed him before as he is an AMC rather than a ST, but he 16 out of 20 for ST and should retrain there pretty easily. I wanna give him a go now! 😀

The only thing is that he doesn't seem to show up for most leagues, so you will need to work out which nations needed to be loaded (well, you've obviously worked that out already, but anyone else will need to work it out). 

Thank you mate! To anyone who want to see this guy you have to reload the South African league..

What about this guy? He seems good, was 20 years old from coruna for 750k now costs 14m for celtic. 9 goals 24 assists from 32 games mainly from sub appearances recently took over jota as a starter. 

Screenshot_20221130-214606_FM23 Mobile.jpg

53 minutes ago, TheCrux said:

What about this guy? He seems good, was 20 years old from coruna for 750k now costs 14m for celtic. 9 goals 24 assists from 32 games mainly from sub appearances recently took over jota as a starter. 

Screenshot_20221130-214606_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Seems pretty good. Averaged PA of 148 for me (4 stars) across 6 saves. Should get about 10 updates on average. That'll be enough for most teams and seems cheap. 

On 15/11/2022 at 06:41, deepheat83 said:

Interesting read.

So the next obvious question is.......

Who is the tallest young striker with good potential????

Need to get him in to try my 1st 1k challenge

Lorenzo Lucca is extremely tall and had good potential last year. I haven't looked for this year.

How to show all Brazilian talents?

Ive tried Argentina, Spain, Portugal, and some of the talents they got like Sandry, Savio, Miguel, Andre... Lots of them are missing. 

3 minutes ago, Cold said:

Julien Duranville is crazy underrated wing

Yeah one of my saves this year is Duran Duranville, with Duranville providing assists for Jhon Duran... Only did one season though and never wrote it up, but he was great

On 14/11/2022 at 00:06, Scratch said:

I've double mentored him with Carrillo, giving him +4 to Aerial from mentoring. He's also improved 3 on his own, taking him to 18 halfway through season 2 (that screenshot was end of season one before the second bought of mentoring). 

He's a little short for my liking (182cm), but he lots of room to develop, so hopefully he can get high Aerial for most people with some focus on that - though obviously an Aerial mentor is key.

How do you know that +4 came from the mentor? Where can I find these stats? Or is it on the mentor page, the green arrows are +4, or the top 1 is the +4? 

Also can the 4.5 stars above become 5stars? Or 4 stars? 

Edited by BuFfaLoFaN
54 minutes ago, BuFfaLoFaN said:

How do you know that +4 came from the mentor? Where can I find these stats? Or is it on the mentor page, the green arrows are +4, or the top 1 is the +4? 

If you watch a player's development closely (just by looking at the actual attribute values), you'll see which attribute increases come from training/playing and which come from mentoring.

With mentoring, what normally happens is that you'll get two messages during mentoring saying "Mentor reports improvements with Player" or something like that. If you had looked at the trained attribute the day before that message, and then look again after the message arrives, you'll see the number has increase by 1. That normally happens twice during a normal mentoring run, giving you +2. And I put my striker through the full mentoring twice, giving him +4. 

Note, when I say "trained attribute", we are talking about the main attribute mentioned in the actual message when you set up the partnership, NOT all the attributes listed that may improve. Eg: If it says "Mentor should help Player's aerial improve", then the main trained attribute is Aerial. 

And I'm saying "normally", because sometimes things don't work out like that for some reason. For eg:

• Maybe the mentor is not that good - I use perfect or ideal mentors, if the mentor is in the "may help" category perhaps you might not get the same improvements.
  • Sometimes the player develops the attribute too much, eg if the mentor is 17 in Aerial, then once the player gets to 15 or 16, the mentor might stop improving the player's Aerial as he's not that much better than him.
  • Sometimes the player becomes too good in general (ie CA or reputation or importance in the team), and gets that "thinks development could be faster" message, in which case the second improvement may never come.

But if the mentor is perfect or ideal and is better than the player (so start them young!) then you normally get +2 for a full mentoring run.

1 hour ago, BuFfaLoFaN said:

You mean the stars in the list above (ie the wonderkid list)? Those are just the average value. With each game, most young players PA is randomised based on their default - so they will always be close to that, but they could be a bit better or a bit worse depending on the save. There are a very very small number of players under 23 who have set PA because they are high profile or really good (eg Haaland, Moukoko).

38 minutes ago, Scratch said:

If you watch a player's development closely (just by looking at the actual attribute values), you'll see which attribute increases come from training/playing and which come from mentoring.

With mentoring, what normally happens is that you'll get two messages during mentoring saying "Mentor reports improvements with Player" or something like that. If you had looked at the trained attribute the day before that message, and then look again after the message arrives, you'll see the number has increase by 1. That normally happens twice during a normal mentoring run, giving you +2. And I put my striker through the full mentoring twice, giving him +4. 

Note, when I say "trained attribute", we are talking about the main attribute mentioned in the actual message when you set up the partnership, NOT all the attributes listed that may improve. Eg: If it says "Mentor should help Player's aerial improve", then the main trained attribute is Aerial. 

And I'm saying "normally", because sometimes things don't work out like that for some reason. For eg:

• Maybe the mentor is not that good - I use perfect or ideal mentors, if the mentor is in the "may help" category perhaps you might not get the same improvements.
  • Sometimes the player develops the attribute too much, eg if the mentor is 17 in Aerial, then once the player gets to 15 or 16, the mentor might stop improving the player's Aerial as he's not that much better than him.
  • Sometimes the player becomes too good in general (ie CA or reputation or importance in the team), and gets that "thinks development could be faster" message, in which case the second improvement may never come.

But if the mentor is perfect or ideal and is better than the player (so start them young!) then you normally get +2 for a full mentoring run.

You mean the stars in the list above (ie the wonderkid list)? Those are just the average value. With each game, most young players PA is randomised based on their default - so they will always be close to that, but they could be a bit better or a bit worse depending on the save. There are a very very small number of players under 23 who have set PA because they are high profile or really good (eg Haaland, Moukoko).

Awesome, all of this makes a lot of sense and I really don't have any more questions! this is exactly what i was wondering! thanks very much.

20 hours ago, BuFfaLoFaN said:

@Scratchis a fully maxed player, all 20's would there PA be considered 340? or what is PA? is it different stats that are considered important for each position?

No, PA has a max of 200 (Messi is the only player with this).

There are various people who have talked about a formula that ties CA/PA with the attributes. I think only the technical ones (stored as 0-255) are included in that. I think that's probably a real thing, as these people know what they're talking about and I've seen Marc talk about it too, but I've never understood it and there are certain things that don't quite make sense to me. For example, I've seen players with CA of 130 who have better attributes than other players with CA of 170. 

To me, based on what I've seen, I think of it like this: Players start with a base set of attribute values. They also start with a CA value and PA value. I like to think of the difference between those (ie PA-CA) as their potential development points. Then each time they get an 'upgrade' through playing or training, they lose 5 points of their potential development (ie CA increases by 5) and it keeps going until they max out (CA=PA).

Sometimes they get big upgrades that 'cost' 10 development points instead of 5 and sometimes a player will never max out due to injuries or playing at a level too low to reach their PA etc, but essentially that seems to be the mechanism to me. There may be some sort of formula that works out which attributes improve and how much they improve, based on CA/PA, but I don't know about that.

All I know is that a player who starts with a good base of attributes and a lot of potential development can end up better (attribute-wise) than a player which a much higher PA but a poor starting base of attributes and less potential development. For there maybe one player with CA of 80 and PA of 140 (ie 12 potential updates), whose starting attributes are around the same as another player with CA of 120 and PA of 160 (8 updates). In that case, the first player will probably end up looking much better. Of course that's an extreme case, it normally works out that higher PA players are better, but it certainly doesn't always work out that way.

Honestly you are probably better to forget about CA/PA and focus on players with good attributes who perform well for your team...

8 hours ago, Scratch said:

No, PA has a max of 200 (Messi is the only player with this).

There are various people who have talked about a formula that ties CA/PA with the attributes. I think only the technical ones (stored as 0-255) are included in that. I think that's probably a real thing, as these people know what they're talking about and I've seen Marc talk about it too, but I've never understood it and there are certain things that don't quite make sense to me. For example, I've seen players with CA of 130 who have better attributes than other players with CA of 170. 

To me, based on what I've seen, I think of it like this: Players start with a base set of attribute values. They also start with a CA value and PA value. I like to think of the difference between those (ie PA-CA) as their potential development points. Then each time they get an 'upgrade' through playing or training, they lose 5 points of their potential development (ie CA increases by 5) and it keeps going until they max out (CA=PA).

Sometimes they get big upgrades that 'cost' 10 development points instead of 5 and sometimes a player will never max out due to injuries or playing at a level too low to reach their PA etc, but essentially that seems to be the mechanism to me. There may be some sort of formula that works out which attributes improve and how much they improve, based on CA/PA, but I don't know about that.

All I know is that a player who starts with a good base of attributes and a lot of potential development can end up better (attribute-wise) than a player which a much higher PA but a poor starting base of attributes and less potential development. For there maybe one player with CA of 80 and PA of 140 (ie 12 potential updates), whose starting attributes are around the same as another player with CA of 120 and PA of 160 (8 updates). In that case, the first player will probably end up looking much better. Of course that's an extreme case, it normally works out that higher PA players are better, but it certainly doesn't always work out that way.

Honestly you are probably better to forget about CA/PA and focus on players with good attributes who perform well for your team...

Yea, didn't make much sense to me. Thanks for the info!

Noticed after the winter update couple of weeks ago, that some players really don't develop like they did before the update. 

Like tezgel, became a superstar before the update.. Now in season five he's just a 2 star. Anyone who can confirm that they along with transfers also edited a lot of players potential? 

10 hours ago, vincek said:

Noticed after the winter update couple of weeks ago, that some players really don't develop like they did before the update. 

Like tezgel, became a superstar before the update.. Now in season five he's just a 2 star. Anyone who can confirm that they along with transfers also edited a lot of players potential? 

Yes they update current abilities and potentials with winter updates 👍

tezgel was definitely downgraded