Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help I need help with my tactics please help me

Selwyn

The best way to build a tactic from scratch is as simple as possible. You have a lot going on here in terms of instructions/roles etc. I find it better to keep final third options left off, atleast until I can see how the rest of the tactic plays out. Then slowly try final third options one at a time for about 10 games or so. It's really a trial and error thing. Just make small changes and adapt to cover areas you want to improve in.

Also, I find playing a high line quite ineffective this year as a lot of teams play 4 at the back with 2 cdms. Playing a balanced line invites them to attack you which can create space for your attackers when possession turns over.

You're also playing with 2x BPD and yet have GK distribution set to mixed. I would opt for short and trust the BPDs (but only if they have good passing/dribbling etc., else it would maybe be best to keep mixed and change them to CB).

Finally, are you dominating possession but scoring still too little? Perhaps try mixed passing to create more chances.

If you would share some typical results and areas you would like to improve I'd happily suggest more.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

The best way to build a tactic from scratch is as simple as possible. You have a lot going on here in terms of instructions/roles etc. I find it better to keep final third options left off, atleast until I can see how the rest of the tactic plays out. Then slowly try final third options one at a time for about 10 games or so. It's really a trial and error thing. Just make small changes and adapt to cover areas you want to improve in.

Also, I find playing a high line quite ineffective this year as a lot of teams play 4 at the back with 2 cdms. Playing a balanced line invites them to attack you which can create space for your attackers when possession turns over.

You're also playing with 2x BPD and yet have GK distribution set to mixed. I would opt for short and trust the BPDs (but only if they have good passing/dribbling etc., else it would maybe be best to keep mixed and change them to CB).

Finally, are you dominating possession but scoring still too little? Perhaps try mixed passing to create more chances.

If you would share some typical results and areas you would like to improve I'd happily suggest more.

Thank you, will try your suggestions and give you feedback 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Hmm tried your suggestions and I used Portugal, and Scotland beat me by 1 goal 

Screenshot_20221128_221026_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221128_221034_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

36 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Hmm tried your suggestions and I used Portugal, and Scotland beat me by 1 goal 

Screenshot_20221128_221026_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221128_221034_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

You cannot judge a team or a tactic by 1 match. Even so, stats wise you look like the better team for that match and may have just been unlucky.

When testing tactics it is important to give them atleast 5-10 matches before you make any judgements. Do not fall into the bad habit of making adjustments after every single match, no matter how small. You end up going around in circles with your tactics that way without really learning/improving.

Give your current setup 10 games  and if you still struggle send me some more screen shots, plus the tactics you used.

Also, make sure you are playing players with stats to suit their roles as best as possible.

Some suggestion for you reference.

1. First thing is the "Mentality". For example, If you manage Man city, big team, it is better to set balance mentality at beginning of match to against "defensive". 

2. Second thing, to set all other options in neutral. 

3. Go set piece page to adjust corner attacking. At least, to assign defender stay back, not attacker, not middle fielder.

4. To observe the match highlight and stats, to adjust one thing one time.

11 hours ago, Selwyn said:

I have been copying people tactics but decided to create mine this time but it ain't working for, I will really appreciate your help on my tactics. 

Thanks for asking the community. A few questions for you:

Q1: you said it’s not working. What do you mean?

Spoiler
  • The problem - are you conceding too many goals, or scoring too few, or not getting as much possession as you want … ?
  • The expectation - are you only winning most of your games (and you expect to win all of them), or you’ve lost 5-10 games in a row and don’t know why…

What do you mean - it’s not working … ? 

Q2: assuming you have Haaland up-front, how do you want to score?

Spoiler
  • From Crosses? - as many good crosses and corners as possible from wide positions, for Haaland to head in.
  • From Through Balls? - as many good through balls as possible, for Haaland / other attackers to run onto. 
  • From Long Shots - as many good long shots as possible from central positions, for KDB / other attacking midfielders to score from.
  • From Pressing - as much pressing as possible, to force opposition mistakes and create easy chances for Haaland / other attackers.

What kind of chances / what type of goals are you trying to score? 

Q3: which type of opposition teams / formations do you struggle against most?

Spoiler
  • Most EPL sides play either a 41221 or a 4231 DM …
  • … with a couple of weaker sides playing a flat 442 … 
  • … with some sides playing a 343 DM or other 3 at the back variant (5122, 5212, 5221).

Q4: can you post screenshots of your (a) league table, (b) completed fixtures / results pages, and (c) your player stats from a couple of matches ? This helps us more easily see the issues + give you better quality feedback.

🙂 

5 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Reveal hidden contents
  • The problem - are you conceding too many goals, or scoring too few, or not getting as much possession as you want … ?
  • The expectation - are you only winning most of your games (and you expect to win all of them), or you’ve lost 5-10 games in a row and don’t know why…

Reveal hidden contents
  • From Crosses? - as many good crosses and corners as possible from wide positions, for Haaland to head in.
  • From Through Balls? - as many good through balls as possible, for Haaland / other attackers to run onto. 
  • From Long Shots - as many good long shots as possible from central positions, for KDB / other attacking midfielders to score from.
  • From Pressing - as much pressing as possible, to force opposition mistakes and create easy chances for Haaland / other attackers.

Reveal hidden contents
  • … with some sides playing a 343 DM or other 3 at the back variant (5122, 5212, 5221).

Q4: can you post screenshots of your (a) league table, (b) completed fixtures / results pages, and (c) your player stats from a couple of matches ? This helps us more easily see the issues + give you better quality feedback.

🙂 

Ok haaland isn't scoring enough, bad possession, mostly scores from set pieces like free kick and penalties and own goals. 

5 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

🙂 

Results

Also conceded goals

Screenshot_20221129_095051_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_095504_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_095108_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_095122_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

35 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Ok haaland isn't scoring enough, bad possession, mostly scores from set pieces like free kick and penalties and own goals. 

And how do you want up score - what kind of chances do you want to create? (That’s question 2)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221128_160654_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

My first suggestion would be to change from Wide to Balanced or Narrow. While it may not be the way you want to play, Wide is ineffective when compared to the other two set-ups, and will expose spaces in your formation to be exploited by the opposition. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221128_160659_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

You are playing a High line, and employing the Offside trap. This is not 100% effective, so when it is breached, you want your GK to be in a position to bail your defenders out, he should be a SK rather than G.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221128_160708_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

As @Chris mentioned, there are a lot of instructions in play here, which can contradict each other at times. These instructions, mixed with Slow build up play, will be allowing your opposition to regroup in defence while you move the ball from back to front, reducing the effectiveness of your counter attacks, and rarely leaving Haaland clean through on goal, which is contributing to him not scoring as many as you'd like. 

Look for overlap could be losing some effectiveness due to you using IWBs in the FB position, as it has been seen that they are moving more central and occupying positions in the middle of the pitch. Your wide players looking for the overlap, coupled with Slow build up play, will be halting your attacks to wait for overlap or support which will not arrive, and likely end up passing backwards.

Spoiler

I and others have noticed an increased effectiveness in IWBs in this version of the game, and the advanced positions they take up. In your case, they will be occupying space alongside the A, which could potentially give you the freedom to remove him altogether and occupy a space further up the pitch.

AP I have found to be disappointing in all areas of the pitch in this season's game so far. In the CM position, I have been much happier with RP, who contributes more in terms of both goals and assists in tactics I have created, it may be worth changing this and seeing how your team performs with that different creative outlet in the middle. In terms of your wide AP, he may be more effective as a W, who will swing balls into the box for Haaland to attack, rather than again awaiting an overlap which isn't happening, and either passing backwards or in to Haaland when he is not goal-side of the defender.

These are all opinions of course, and it's worth reiterating that 1 game is not sufficient to test a tactic, each change you make needs a few games at least for you to bed in and see the results of, before you start to tinker once again.

1 hour ago, Lagom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My first suggestion would be to change from Wide to Balanced or Narrow. While it may not be the way you want to play, Wide is ineffective when compared to the other two set-ups, and will expose spaces in your formation to be exploited by the opposition. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20221128_160659_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

You are playing a High line, and employing the Offside trap. This is not 100% effective, so when it is breached, you want your GK to be in a position to bail your defenders out, he should be a SK rather than G.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20221128_160708_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

As @Chris mentioned, there are a lot of instructions in play here, which can contradict each other at times. These instructions, mixed with Slow build up play, will be allowing your opposition to regroup in defence while you move the ball from back to front, reducing the effectiveness of your counter attacks, and rarely leaving Haaland clean through on goal, which is contributing to him not scoring as many as you'd like. 

Look for overlap could be losing some effectiveness due to you using IWBs in the FB position, as it has been seen that they are moving more central and occupying positions in the middle of the pitch. Your wide players looking for the overlap, coupled with Slow build up play, will be halting your attacks to wait for overlap or support which will not arrive, and likely end up passing backwards.

Reveal hidden contents

I and others have noticed an increased effectiveness in IWBs in this version of the game, and the advanced positions they take up. In your case, they will be occupying space alongside the A, which could potentially give you the freedom to remove him altogether and occupy a space further up the pitch.

AP I have found to be disappointing in all areas of the pitch in this season's game so far. In the CM position, I have been much happier with RP, who contributes more in terms of both goals and assists in tactics I have created, it may be worth changing this and seeing how your team performs with that different creative outlet in the middle. In terms of your wide AP, he may be more effective as a W, who will swing balls into the box for Haaland to attack, rather than again awaiting an overlap which isn't happening, and either passing backwards or in to Haaland when he is not goal-side of the defender.

These are all opinions of course, and it's worth reiterating that 1 game is not sufficient to test a tactic, each change you make needs a few games at least for you to bed in and see the results of, before you start to tinker once again.

I adhered to your advice and @Chris and I must say the changes are going great

Screenshot_20221129_122153_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_122158_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_122203_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_124236_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

2 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

And how do you want up score - what kind of chances do you want to create? (That’s question 2)

I want to score from through ball, crossing and pressing 

25 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

I adhered to your advice and @Chris and I must say the changes are going great

Screenshot_20221129_122153_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_122158_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_122203_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_124236_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

This is very close to the tactic I currently use for a potential 1k. Results looks great. You can trial some final third options but I honestly believe they restrict a teams creativity as they will constantly try the same thing; which might work some games but will entirely flop in others. However, the exception is work into box; I'd only use that if you are struggling to get shots on target or want your striker to have more attempts.