Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM24 Bugs Thread

FuddledFox

On 23/01/2024 at 03:19, shosky said:

This has made the game unplayable. I've cleared cache, cleared data even uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix but still the same. It's really frustrating 

Screenshot_2024-01-21-11-57-26-176_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

I've had this issue from November, I've given up playing this version 😭

Posted (edited)

BUG AFTER UPDATE.

If you go to make a tactical change or a sub right at the point of a goal (for either team) It cancels out the goal and goes back a few seconds. It's affecting new and old saves since yesterday's update.

EDIT: cleared the cache and it fixed it but apparently just restarting the game would have fixed it also

Edited by Ryanrossi
4 hours ago, Ryanrossi said:

GAME BREAKING BUG AFTER UPDATE.

If you go to make a tactical change or a sub right at the point of a goal (for either team) It cancels out the goal and goes back a few seconds. It's affecting new and old saves since yesterday's update.

I wonder if it's related to the ME, what match engine are you using? I'm not having issues on my 14 pro.

13 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Corrupted saves shouldn't show in your list at all - if a 'backup' shows there then its normally a recovered file and might be the latest one, what happens (in simple terms) ...

We try and save the game, but we're aware that sometimes the OS 'beats us' to saving the game and can force close the application or worse still there is a battery failure and that simply kills everything half way through the save. If that happens then the save is (obviously) not going to be able to load.

To avoid this destroying your existing save game we save to a 'temp file' first (which is what the 'backup file' is, then once that save is verified (and only then) we delete the existing save game you were over-writing and rename the backup as the proper named file.

In a very very small fraction of cases the OS can kill the app or a battery can fail just as the rename is about to happen or during the delete of the existing save game. This is why we make the 'backup files' visible.

Anything in that list 'should' load because we save a 'marker' right at the end of the file which basically (again in simplistic terms) says "This is a FMM save game and should be fine to load" ... if that marker isn't found when you to to that page then the file won't be listed.

If you have saves showing up which don't load then please let me know and shuffle the save my way so I can take a look - it'd be interesting to figure out.

So in summary - please try and load the backup file if you see one as that may well contain the 'missing' save information. If you play 'onward' with a different save that WILL be overwritten and lost.

First, thank you for the response, i really appreciate. Second, yes i tried multiple times loading the save listed as backup with no sucess (same happens with the other one with the blank logo), i exported the save file and have It saved on my phone, i can send It to you via email? 

Also another point that you gave that might be related to this is my OS, my phone is a lower end Samsung, It sometimes have problems like overheating and restarting itself, i don't think this is related because i didn't have any problems like that during the day i last saved but still could be related maybe

Screenshot_20240301-105011.png

7 hours ago, Ryanrossi said:

GAME BREAKING BUG AFTER UPDATE.

It happened to me multiple times even before the update, just restart your game and It should go back to normal (It is annoying but not game killing)

Posted (edited)

Bug still there where all my players roles revert to random whenever I continue the game or go to match. 

Waited for this to be fixed to play but no luck. 

@MikeFare you still having this issue?

Edited by smoggy90
16 hours ago, TheAxeGuy said:

It happened to me multiple times even before the update, just restart your game and It should go back to normal (It is annoying but not game killing)

Yeah I deleted the save it started happening on and cleared the cache. Seems to have fixed it. And it would of been game breaking for me because if it didn't fix then I would of exploited the hell out of it 🤣

Hi the latest update won't install on my phone and also Netflix won't install either. All other apps download and install fine I have plenty of storage and the latest software. Using an honor x7a android 12 any advice would be gratefully received thank you 

A couple of bugs I’ve not seen before.

IMG_6460.thumb.png.b388b40d3aa0c03601958c478e61c836.png

Clearly I had a whole team selected. Restarting the game solved this one. 

And I’m not sure why this chap is recommended as an inverted winger when he can’t actually play there 😂 

IMG_6462.thumb.png.6a77700cf4c88b27fc374f942b564c3a.png

IMG_6463.thumb.png.1e3090021c58a5af5b4ffb21a3759276.png

5 hours ago, tummidge22 said:

Possible bug with this level of snark per @MikeF

1216237295_Screenshot_20240304_105459_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.10b1cb5ec7c960a7e9ca09a18f0e705d.jpg

That string is a fallback that should never actually be used, so it does indicate a bug - it would be a good idea to give a copy of that save to SI Games via their forum so @Marc Vaughan and his team can take a look.

23 hours ago, tummidge22 said:

Possible bug with this level of snark per @MikeF

If this is reproducible please send me the save game - the snark is intentional as its an error condition and its the easiest way to ensure people post screenshots about it, when/if it occurs.

The situation is really bad.

Already the issues with the tactics resetting to the basic positions in not consistent ways so steps hard to determine.

(Something about loading from Autosaves has felt sometimes relevant sometimes not.

Where we clear team and then pick team and it's for the basic positions of the formation not the tactic, which I think, keeps the other screens the same, but not position 

And resetting set pieces I spend AGES putting together, and then reconstruct via screenshots or screen recordings

For me it can sometimes affect all set pieces, but I think it's mostly, free Kicks usually i Attack and Defence, but I think it has affected corners.

And if you create a new tactic you have to redo ALL of the set pieces again....that's TEDIOUS not even "grind."

And now the last few weeks the game won't start.

I use iMazing for backups and fortunately had a recent backup last time and was able to delete everything, lost the cloud data too....why????

ALso, I SWEAR I could use Cloud to play via my iPhone and my iPad the same games.

Now, my iPhone can't find them. I'm the same Netflix user, and no one else can use Netflix anymore bc they block everyone who no longer lives with me, but you know...gotta pay that Super extra HD plan or whatever (At least get a discount via phone provider) for 4k, but it's for 4 or 5 users when I'm just 1 person....love it! Genius! How about a UHD/HDR/4K plan for 1 person!! Nooo...did I say how much I love them?

So, already tried everything else possible we all know you should. before which failed.

Deleted the app, the data, Did a re-install (copied games, tactics, etc.) and then was able to copy over the same data and Boom!

Game worked fine - enough - still tactic issue present somewhat, for the last 10 days.

I had just achieved a Trophy Hoarder award, but maybe that's one glitch as the save I somehow loaded was before I actuall acheived it, but still said I had it.

Still worked for over a week, created a new crazy tactic was excited about seeing and was starting to, scouting, developing players, etc.

LAte last night. Close the game, and always save manual first.

Then suddenly, today, I have the same problem as before.

Black screen.

After all the initial pages scroll by. Wait....nothing

Didn't backup the iPad since 9 March, but notice odd things...

I use a Mac and I check the "Documents" and "Backup" (looks green like Mac's TIme Machine) folders and notice...

"duplicate" files (with copies in the "Documents" folder as well and a folder that as far as I can tell are normally in the "Documents" folder in the tactics folder:

sqlstore/store.sqlite3

Solo "dup" files in tactics/

achievements.db

achievements_request_queue

stats_request_queue

Backed up the files and the folder with file via iMazing and tried 2 attempts at resolving via:

1) After removing those from the tactics folder (unless now that's where they belong????)

Using the files from outside of the tactics folder (that both said created 09 March, but 1 hour difference earlier for the ones inside the tactics folder.

Failed

2) 2nd attempt with older dated files mentioned...

Failed

Then realized I hadn't copied over the 1 hour older sqlstore/store.sqlite3

Well. I just reopened the app and IT WORKS!!!

Even older saves that I hadn't copied over are showing in the cloud, and it's up to date.

WIll back this up IMMEDIATELY and clearly have to backup daily....

But....

REALLY???

This is ridiculously bad.

What a mess. You can see what I'm talking about in the file below.

Should show Sports Interactive I know. But will it matter?

FMMobile Bonkers FIle & Folders Moved to tactics.jpg

Posted (edited)

My negotiated sell-on clauses disappear once the player actually joins the team. In the screenshot, I negotiated a 25% sell-on but on the player’s contract page at his new club, it is omitted. 

I’ve had this bug on previous FMMs and its not limited to certain players or clubs. Once this happens, sell-on clauses just don’t work for the rest of the save. 

Unfortunately, I've encountered the same bug in my journeyman game. It just appeared close to winter break in my fourth season. Now none of the agreed sell-on clauses for my sales appear on the player's contracts.

Edited by seanE

No aggregate score for a Two leg playoff tie in MLS. Shouldve been through without pens, but just shows as 0-0.176227253_Screenshot_20240321_174918_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.d3df78336a6d194b55c96f01739072ba.jpg591390365_Screenshot_20240321_175148_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.3af95cd8048993dc5fcac7bf31f2e0fe.jpg

On 08/03/2024 at 04:18, Marc Vaughan said:

If this is reproducible please send me the save game - the snark is intentional as its an error condition and its the easiest way to ensure people post screenshots about it, when/if it occurs.

Hi, Marc.I found an issue where my team's youth training players suddenly disappeared (no other teams came to poach, not promoted to the reserve team), and I used scouting tools to check, and it seems that many AI teams also have this problem. This is my save, I hope you can resolve it.fmm_save_1.fms

Screenshot_20240405_021941.jpg

fmm_save_1.fms fmm_save_1.fms

Can't import any tactic. Tried 5 different files. Get "the selected file did not import correctly" every time. Any solution? (I am using the latest version, reinstalled the game a few times) 

Screenshot_20240419_212217_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

14 hours ago, sorinixman said:

Can't import any tactic. Tried 5 different files. Get "the selected file did not import correctly" every time. Any solution? (I am using the latest version, reinstalled the game a few times) 

Screenshot_20240419_212217_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

I have not tried this for Tactics, but importing Shortlists is incredibly flakey. Will fail like that in some slots, but work in just one of the slots provided - so maybe it's worth trying that, just changing the slot each time and trying again?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Scratch said:

I have not tried this for Tactics, but importing Shortlists is incredibly flakey. Will fail like that in some slots, but work in just one of the slots provided - so maybe it's worth trying that, just changing the slot each time and trying again?

I tried to load every slot for like 30 minutes at least, did not help at all. Maybe the problem is within my phone, as I have a Huawei P40 Lite (I use the original version and I am logged in my Netflix account). 

Shortlists on the other hand work almost flawlessly, I get the issue like 1 in 10 times and I just try another slot and it works. 

Update: Importing tactics randomly started working. Crazy when you think that I did everything possible for the last 3 days and now they just work. Thanks for the help! 

Edited by sorinixman
13 hours ago, sorinixman said:

I tried to load every slot for like 30 minutes at least, did not help at all. Maybe the problem is within my phone, as I have a Huawei P40 Lite (I use the original version and I am logged in my Netflix account). 

Shortlists on the other hand work almost flawlessly, I get the issue like 1 in 10 times and I just try another slot and it works. 

Update: Importing tactics randomly started working. Crazy when you think that I did everything possible for the last 3 days and now they just work. Thanks for the help! 

Umm, I'm glad it's working, but I have no idea at all why or how you sorted it out! Still, that's great. 🙂