Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics The Black Hawk

Black Hawk

On 12/11/2023 at 03:57, DutchTony said:

How were the goals distributed between your players?

Well, with Sporting most of them were scored by our attackers (PFs and IFs), but with Amora almost all were by the PF as my IFs were terrible.

I hadn't test this year with a team with good B2Bs so my midfielders were not involved a lot in goalscoring, I have to run more tests to see if this year midfielders are not working as good as last year.

On 12/11/2023 at 09:53, sampishhh said:

How to rotation your player

This is a tricky question 😅

With Sporting I had confidence in all players, so at times I simply exchanged the 10 field players between games. Basically I had 2 players for position and played two entirely different teams.

This was useful because at some point by the end of the season I was playing Portuguese Premier League, Europa League and Portuguese Cup all at once, a game every 3 or 4 days, so I had to do heavy rotation. Then was simply managing what games to use the best team and what games to use the other.

As for the second test, I didn't really had a second team. Also the first one was bad already, so I had to go with the first almost all games.

My recommendation is to have at least 2 players for position (2 Right Wing Backs, 4 Centre Backs, 2 Roaming Playmakers and so on) at almost the same level, so we can change between the two at any time without any loss of performance.

Additionally, I recommend to have at least 3 more players: an additional defender than can play all defending positions; an additional midfielder than can play both RP and B2B; and an additional forward that can play both IF and PF. These last three players could be youngsters that will play for reserves, but if we get injuries or whatever they can be called to team.

On 13/11/2023 at 17:27, NoSignal said:

Im sory for my english but this is not my native language.

i wanted to try this but cant Apply that in my language. What kind of formation is this? And can u post screens of players roles? For example on my language there is Nothing similar like box to box midfielder. And i dont know what to chose. Same with RP or IF. Please Help. Thank u 

@Stiv gave a good tip:

On 13/11/2023 at 19:08, Stiv said:

Just put the game in english, literally copy the tactic then swap language again.

But if you keep having difficulties, tell me your language and I can try to put a printscreen with it.

On 13/11/2023 at 19:53, Ctof86 said:

@Black Hawk big fan of your work! Delighted you are back for FMM24!

Your v2 version was my goto tactic in FMM23 and I have been testing it (with great results) in FMM24 before you even made this post!

I have a couple of Q’s about the RP Role:

1. I find it difficult to get a player that has all A. Natural in that position, B. That is good/decent at shooting, C. Affordable. In my current save there are only 40 players total that have 13+ attribute for Shooting in that DM position. Of the 40, only 5 are under the age of 24. Only one of them is interested in a move but unfortunately he doesn’t fit the other required criteria. Any advice?

2. Due to the above, I try to re-train more attacking players to play in the DM position. However, I have little success as many just have no interest in retraining to that position! I have experimented with try to mentor them with someone who has the Adaptable trait but it’s not possible to force that specific trait on the mentee so the experiment has not been a success as of yet. Is there a trick here to get players to re-train to that position?

Thanks

I usually try the same. Last year I did it with Bellingham, now I'm trying that with Gross in Brighton. A good midfielder that is slightly more offensive than defensive while not being bad defensively may work. As there are not many in game, I often try to retrain more offensive midfielders.

As for retraining, never had problems as I try it with players that have at least yellow in defensive midfielder spot. 

On 14/11/2023 at 23:57, Mae said:

Quite a start for me 😅

Screenshot_20231114_235559_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Wow, what happened here? What players are you using?

I noticed some problems at times when one (or more) of three things happened: centre backs not suited for this tactic; midfielders that lose the ball easily; a striker that has low agression.

There may be more things affecting the tactic, but these three are more common.

Centre Backs must be comfortable with the ball. If they have low technique and passing, they will lose the ball and we will suffer goals (remember when we have the ball, they will be the only ones to defend, so if they lose the ball it's a sure clear chance against us). Also, if they are slow and have low agression, our opponents will have chances to score.

Midfielders are almost the same as centre backs. If they lose the ball easily, our opponents will launch counterattacks and we will only have the two centre backs against them, they will be exposed.

Striker must be agressive as he is a Pressing Forward. If he's not, our opponents will have time to pass the ball around and push us back to our field - we don't want that, we want them to not have time to think and to lose the ball rapidly. Also, without agression, the PF will not create spaces for our IFs to explore.

Now, you playing with Newcastle should have a strong team, I don't know what could be wrong 😅

added 0 minutes later
On 15/11/2023 at 12:50, hykhenry said:

Is this the formation after the update? Feeling okay

I did some matches after the update and did not notice anything different so far.

Edited by Black Hawk
On 12/11/2023 at 10:17, DanEnglish said:

Am delighted @Black Hawk has tested + posted this for the new version.

It was the most commented on (and easily one of the best) tactics for last year’s version.

While the original is BEST, in last years version I found a couple of tweaks also work fine if your squad / match situation really needs it:

• WBs - I found FBs and IWBs also work fine - FBs give less crosses, IWBs are good to avoid crosses (more central passes) - any of these three work, but WBs + FBs are overall better as you’ll need the width.
  • DMC - having an RP is a genius insight, which works beautifully. If you need to be more solid (e.g. to defend a lead after 70-80 mins), you can change it to an Anchor / DM. No attacking threat, but defensively solid.
  • ST - I found an AF also works well - but assume it gives less pressing up front.

Just some thoughts from last years game 👍 the original is best, but sometimes you need something slightly different

Yeah, as usual you are right 😁

I've been trying the tactic plug & play to test it, but at times this is pleading for some tweaks depending of players or some moments in matches. Sometimes I felt like changing the defensive line so to it not being so up the field, or to change the role of my defensive midfielder, should work wonders.

As for PF or AF...

On 13/11/2023 at 18:23, JimmyPage said:

Still a killer tactic. Took over Atalanta mid season with them sitting in 15th, now challenging for Europe and the Conference League.

One thing i've always wondered, how come the striker scores so much in this tactic? You'd expect a Pressing Forward to be the sidekick to the forwards either sides of him, but it's not the case for me.

On 13/11/2023 at 23:45, DanEnglish said:

Great question - firstly I think the PF is the same as an AF, but does more pressing off-the-ball. This could be wrong, but would explain why the PF scores so many goals.

Secondly, the central ST gets a LOT more chances than the IFs - in a half-season test with the original Black Hawk tactic in FMM23:

• Shots - PF had 3.5 shots per game, vs IFs’ ~1 shot per game each.

F1576AF0-7D09-4EEA-AC2B-8A8108E49CA9.thumb.png.b2fa0c49c78efae98be82a989c3e9099.png

• Heading - PF and IFs all had 4 to 5 headed attempts per game

9E835153-0AAA-446F-8E03-9C881BBB42AC.png.b49af75efc9267462fe11c8fde5395b0.png 

• Passing - PF and IFs all had ~10 pass attempts per game.

B772F6D9-BC43-4A47-81DA-B197CF3B8CFB.thumb.png.d1af1a75d554a48167bcac8f43a9badb.png

Hope this helps 🙂 

... as for PF or AF, I actually like PF because it helps a lot on the defensive side of the game. Maybe against weaker teams AF could work better, but I like to have a guy running behind our opponents centre backs so they have to clear the ball without logic - chance is they have bad technique and they clear the ball outside of the field or to our team.

6 hours ago, rseven said:

How about offside? AF is my prefer role for ST. But he will offside often. PF will help on this? Any data?

5 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

On last years game, with Rashford as the PF, the side averaged <2.5 offsides per game. 

When I changed the tactic to have IWBs (and normal width), which led to less crosses and more passes, then that rose to 3 offsides per game.

D79795E6-A779-4CD8-9D1C-E38127C43ADF.thumb.jpeg.c6f9f95d3803a7e81af33943dea61f7f.jpeg

I haven’t done a comparison of AF vs PF for offsides!

Uh, there's something I never thought about. Now I have to see this too, nice catch!

On 12/11/2023 at 01:05, rseven said:

This tactics is the final answer for FMM. 

No more. You killed game.

On 12/11/2023 at 05:23, Helio said:

This was the first tactic I tried with FMM 24 and I'm here to say that you killed the game again this year.... Promoted with over 16 points advance in the fourth tier French league with a team expected to battle for relegation....

On 12/11/2023 at 08:49, trungz12345 said:

Look at these amazing results!!! Deadly tactics

Screenshot_2023-11-12-15-39-25-662_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-12-14-00-59-272_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-12-15-39-35-571_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-12-15-40-02-320_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-12-15-40-07-900_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-12-15-40-14-643_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-12-15-40-28-507_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

On 13/11/2023 at 16:34, Kavver said:

You beautiful man. Very good tactic. Thanks a lot! 

On 13/11/2023 at 18:23, JimmyPage said:

Still a killer tactic. Took over Atalanta mid season with them sitting in 15th, now challenging for Europe and the Conference League.

One thing i've always wondered, how come the striker scores so much in this tactic? You'd expect a Pressing Forward to be the sidekick to the forwards either sides of him, but it's not the case for me.

On 15/11/2023 at 11:02, malekhit said:

sick tactics. 

lost one game - vs Shahtar Donirc in 1/8 Europa League

Screenshot_20231114_234718_com.netflix_NGP.FootballManagerMobile.thumb.jpg.1dfc60d6712faeeac23b5922bf0599f0.jpgScreenshot_20231114_234650_com.netflix_NGP.FootballManagerMobile.thumb.jpg.3ce133a71c5567f00996c6c57b039745.jpg

Screenshot_20231114_234637_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

17 hours ago, Lav50 said:

Maybe if I used it from the get go we would have clinched the title who knows..early season saw us drop quite a few points and Bayern just kept on going..I was tinkering with tactics before ultimately settling for this one

It took few games to reach full effect and then it saw us punch really hard, we beat Bayern in both league games, dismantle Barca before eventually losing to Inter who were just superior and as always I started the game with no budgets in first transfer window to make it more realistic

Got entertainer title after last game of the season and now my GK moans I should focus on the defence which is funny considering we have the best defensive record in the game

Only downside so to say is that sometimes its hard to break down smaller teams that play defensively but just switching to attacking or overload sorted most of it out, could try some other stuff in the future too

All in all this tactics is definetly incredibly strong 

Screenshot_2023-11-16-21-03-25-811_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-17-18-57-429_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-15-41-04-702_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-16-16-04-42-552_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

14 hours ago, anders1023 said:

My team is Ipswich Town in the Championship. I like this tactic but can't find anything consistent so far.

And to finish the answers, thanks for the feedback and hope you guys keep getting good results and having fun, as this was the goal all along 🙂

Tactic is working very well with Man Utd.

Halfway through S1 and top of the league by 7 points, only lost 2 games.

One unlucky loss to Chelsea away and to City (I got Haalanded badly as he scored a hatrick).

Will finish the season and post results.

On 12/11/2023 at 06:53, Black Hawk said:

Hey guys!

I hadn't planned on playing the new version of FM because of Netflix, but I received some requests to see what I could do in this version of the game so I decided to test my old The Black Hawk in this edition.

Now, anyone who followed the tactic thread of 2023 version, the various save tests and tweaks I made, must remember what I'm looking for with this tactic. For those who haven't followed, in short this is a control tactic (I'm a control freak) designed to maintain possession of the ball for as long as possible, involving the entire team in the offensive process and pushing the opponent into their own area in such a way that they cannot even attack - even if they recover the ball, they will be so far from our goalkeeper that they will not be able to create any danger.

I'm not going to lie, the tactic has a serious problem just as it did last year: defensively, the team is not solid when we don't have the ball. The entire success of the tactic is based on having the ball to prevent the opponent from creating danger. Or, as a famous pundit in my country famously responded when asked who defends in an offensive team: "Who defends? The opponent defends".

With a well-built team, I believe that the tactic will allow the team to dominate the overwhelming majority of games. There will always be a handful of games in which we are let down by an underperforming player, or in which the opponents score two goals in two shots, but I think no tactic can stop this. The goal is to ensure that these exceptions are just that: exceptions.

The Black Hawk

FtCy79s.jpeg

81sIwtX.jpeg

H9qeann.jpeg

zoDTItf.jpeg

Those who already knew the tactic may have noticed that this is what I called the "tweaked version" of the original The Black Hawk. When I decided to test this new version of FM, I chose to start with the last version of the tactic I created to see what works and what doesn't, but I found that it worked really well in the two tests I've already done and which I'll talk about in a moment.

Points to remember:

1) this tactic will require a lot of movement without the ball, as almost all individual instructions are aimed at making players move (Wing Backs, Roaming Playmakers, Box-to-Box, Pressing Forward...);

2) attributes such as Passing, Movement and Stamina are essential in all positions, later on I may not mention them in the list of attributes for each position because they are important in all of them!;

3) all players must feel comfortable with the ball at their feet, players who only serve to destroy the opponent's game are useless.

Wing Backs

Must have Pace, Movement and Crossing.

Helps if they have Technique, Positioning and Tackling.

Ball Playing Defenders

Must have Speed and Aerial (i cannot stress enough how Speed is key for all this to work!).

Helps if they have Technique, Dribbling and Positioning.

If anyone don't has good centre backs to be Ball Playing Defenders, it may be changed to regular Central Defenders.

Roaming Playmaker

This is the engine of this tactic. The defensive midfielder is actually an undercover attacking midfielder, so look for attributes that suit them (last year Bellingham was the best RP I tested).

Must have Movement, Passing, Creativity and Decisions.

Helps a lot if he has Shooting as he will have a lot of shooting chances just outside of the box.

Box-to-Box

Must have all the usual attributes of a B2B, like Passing, Tackling, Decisions, Movement and Teamwork.

Bonus if they have Dribbling, Shooting and Creativity.

Inside Forwards

Must have all the usual attributes of an IF, like Movement, Pace, Creativity, Decisions, Passing, Shooting. Bonus if they have Crossing.

I use IFs with their foot exchanged - don't know how to say it in English, but this is to use a right footed on the left and a left footed on the right.

Pressing Forward

Now, this one is tricky. Stamina, of course, but here we have two options: to go for a striker to score or to go for a striker to create spaces for others to score.

Last year, my favorites for this were Osimhen, Scamacca and Beto (the one from Udinese, now Everton). They all had in common Agression, Aerial and Movement as I found that these three attributes together are just overkill.

If they have these, it will work, but if they also have Teamwork, Shooting, Passing and Pace, the better.

Anyway, with these three guys I mentioned you guys probably are already seeing what kind of striker to look for.

After all this, here are two save tests I did to get some numbers. The save tests are the same I did with the tactic last year: the first with Sporting CP (a top team) and the other withy hometown Amora FC (an underdog team, this year really an awful team).

The first save test -> Sporting CP

EJHLuZq.jpeg

5X176uX.jpeg

dhnfu5B.jpeg

k1vxkf8.jpeg

uRYi22i.jpeg

S48P1kE.jpeg

8IWTB0s.jpeg

gHnfbkb.jpeg

ZRm3BWf.jpeg

XVcF48t.jpeg

8qhUJ61.jpeg

So, this went really well. I played with Sporting CP original squad, no signings, I only recalled two youngsters midfielders from their loans as Sporting CP has a shortage of them.

Last year this The Black Hawk did 33W-0D-1L in 34 games, this year I got 32W-2D-0L, which is almost the same. This year it performed better defensively (9 goals conceded is insane in a first season) while also providing a staggering 84 goals (2,47 goals per game) which is fantastic for a control tactic. These are numbers for a overload tactic.

We won all domestic competitions and only lose against Paris SG on semi finals of Europa League, our only defeat all season. Not ashamed of it, they are really strong and we battled them toe to toe.

RRmr9wX.jpeg

K8xQMLH.jpeg

Starting with my IFs, as trying to put them to work was the reason I designed this tactic last year, they were really strong. They scored a total of 59 goals and made 39 assists, which was Incredible.

I think they are stronger this year. They cut inside more to shoot outside of the box, they run more behind opponents back to create 1x1 against the goalkeepers, overall they look more active than last season.

All the others performed as I expected. My three main midfielders (Hjulmand, Bragança and Morita) are not suited to the roles I assigned them (Hjulmand is not gifted as RP, the others are not good at Movement), but still did well. Gyokeres is an absolute beast and must be a good signing for any team.

As Sporting CP is one of the "Big Three" of Portugal, I was not convinced as this might have been because of the overall strong squad The Lions have, so I tried a season with my Amora FC to see how it would perform.

The second save test -> Amora FC

Now, let me just say about Amora FC that we are a small team. We play on Liga 3 (portuguese third tier) and this season we have a weak, awful squad. Really, I'm afraid we end up relegated by the end of the season on real life. That would crush me...

Anyway, Amora FC is a good team to test this tactic on an underdog, as that is what we are this season.

We play on Liga 3, a league that has 20 teams divided on two regional groups (north and south), each with 10 teams. The first regular phase has the top 4 teams of each group go to a final promotion phase (8 teams, the 4 top teams of each group), all the others go to a relegation phase.

DQywIXI.jpeg

qZEkeQH.jpeg

uUKVlof.jpeg

4VyZUkc.jpeg

RJrI71o.jpeg

cIV46q3.jpeg

AgMNYI8.jpeg

As it can be seen, we won the first phase and got a place on the promotion phase. We ended up second place, so we not won the league, but were promoted. Also, we were knocked out of Portuguese Cup by Farense only on extra time, they are a team from portuguese first tier.

I'm really proud of all this. Amora FC has one of the worst squads of the league (it can be seen how almost all games were graded as 3 or 4 of difficulty), but we managed to get promoted.

Now, what I learned from this save test is that in most of the games we were slightly better than our opponents, but we were let down by individual mistakes, both in our defense as our IFs missing goals (my IFs are terrible, terrible even for portuguese third tier).

Overall, we clearly overperformed and I do not believe an AI Amora FC ever to get even remotely close to get promoted as we did. For example, in the first save test with Sporting CP, Amora FC was dead last by a long range.

This was it. Two successful save tests, I believe the tactic has some tweaks in it to perform better, but by now I believe this is already good.

Now I will try it on Premier League, last year I did a save test with Wolves, this season I may do one with Brighton. Latter will post updates of how it went.

my pf hasn't been scoring goals.

PF is bad at scoring goals always outscored by the IFs As they get most of the chances 

I use Haaland as the IF 

Misses easy chances and always offside 

4 hours ago, Black Hawk said:

Wow, what happened here? What players are you using?

I noticed some problems at times when one (or more) of three things happened: centre backs not suited for this tactic; midfielders that lose the ball easily; a striker that has low agression.

There may be more things affecting the tactic, but these three are more common.

Centre Backs must be comfortable with the ball. If they have low technique and passing, they will lose the ball and we will suffer goals (remember when we have the ball, they will be the only ones to defend, so if they lose the ball it's a sure clear chance against us). Also, if they are slow and have low agression, our opponents will have chances to score.

Midfielders are almost the same as centre backs. If they lose the ball easily, our opponents will launch counterattacks and we will only have the two centre backs against them, they will be exposed.

Striker must be agressive as he is a Pressing Forward. If he's not, our opponents will have time to pass the ball around and push us back to our field - we don't want that, we want them to not have time to think and to lose the ball rapidly. Also, without agression, the PF will not create spaces for our IFs to explore.

Now, you playing with Newcastle should have a strong team, I don't know what could be wrong 😅

added 0 minutes later

I did some matches after the update and did not notice anything different so far.

I couldn’t understand what’s going on as well… I gave up on the save as I got sacked by the end of the season. Possibly the CBs & b2b were the problem. My IFs couldn’t score, my PF couldn’t score, so I bough Leao & Osimhen and still nothing changed. I didn’t have money to change my mid and cbs so got sacked and that was it. With all that’s happening with Ajax now, I decided to get a shot with them and as expected won everything within the country. UEL semis won against Liverpool and then won final against the rangers. 

Amazing tactic, worked wonders in FMM23 and again this time around!

Finished 5th with Luton, after making full use of the loan systems! 😅

Only changed BPDs to CDs but kept the rest the same.

FM24 Mobile_2023-11-17-15-33-10.jpg

FM24 Mobile_2023-11-17-15-34-03.jpg

FM24 Mobile_2023-11-17-15-34-11.jpg

FM24 Mobile_2023-11-17-15-34-17.jpg

FM24 Mobile_2023-11-17-15-35-15.jpg

FM24 Mobile_2023-11-17-15-35-22.jpg

FM24 Mobile_2023-11-17-15-33-45.jpg

Edited by Tubba
On 11/11/2023 at 22:53, Black Hawk said:

Hey guys!

I hadn't planned on playing the new version of FM because of Netflix, but I received some requests to see what I could do in this version of the game so I decided to test my old The Black Hawk in this edition.

Now, anyone who followed the tactic thread of 2023 version, the various save tests and tweaks I made, must remember what I'm looking for with this tactic. For those who haven't followed, in short this is a control tactic (I'm a control freak) designed to maintain possession of the ball for as long as possible, involving the entire team in the offensive process and pushing the opponent into their own area in such a way that they cannot even attack - even if they recover the ball, they will be so far from our goalkeeper that they will not be able to create any danger.

I'm not going to lie, the tactic has a serious problem just as it did last year: defensively, the team is not solid when we don't have the ball. The entire success of the tactic is based on having the ball to prevent the opponent from creating danger. Or, as a famous pundit in my country famously responded when asked who defends in an offensive team: "Who defends? The opponent defends".

With a well-built team, I believe that the tactic will allow the team to dominate the overwhelming majority of games. There will always be a handful of games in which we are let down by an underperforming player, or in which the opponents score two goals in two shots, but I think no tactic can stop this. The goal is to ensure that these exceptions are just that: exceptions.

The Black Hawk

FtCy79s.jpeg

81sIwtX.jpeg

H9qeann.jpeg

zoDTItf.jpeg

Those who already knew the tactic may have noticed that this is what I called the "tweaked version" of the original The Black Hawk. When I decided to test this new version of FM, I chose to start with the last version of the tactic I created to see what works and what doesn't, but I found that it worked really well in the two tests I've already done and which I'll talk about in a moment.

Points to remember:

1) this tactic will require a lot of movement without the ball, as almost all individual instructions are aimed at making players move (Wing Backs, Roaming Playmakers, Box-to-Box, Pressing Forward...);

2) attributes such as Passing, Movement and Stamina are essential in all positions, later on I may not mention them in the list of attributes for each position because they are important in all of them!;

3) all players must feel comfortable with the ball at their feet, players who only serve to destroy the opponent's game are useless.

Wing Backs

Must have Pace, Movement and Crossing.

Helps if they have Technique, Positioning and Tackling.

Ball Playing Defenders

Must have Speed and Aerial (i cannot stress enough how Speed is key for all this to work!).

Helps if they have Technique, Dribbling and Positioning.

If anyone don't has good centre backs to be Ball Playing Defenders, it may be changed to regular Central Defenders.

Roaming Playmaker

This is the engine of this tactic. The defensive midfielder is actually an undercover attacking midfielder, so look for attributes that suit them (last year Bellingham was the best RP I tested).

Must have Movement, Passing, Creativity and Decisions.

Helps a lot if he has Shooting as he will have a lot of shooting chances just outside of the box.

Box-to-Box

Must have all the usual attributes of a B2B, like Passing, Tackling, Decisions, Movement and Teamwork.

Bonus if they have Dribbling, Shooting and Creativity.

Inside Forwards

Must have all the usual attributes of an IF, like Movement, Pace, Creativity, Decisions, Passing, Shooting. Bonus if they have Crossing.

I use IFs with their foot exchanged - don't know how to say it in English, but this is to use a right footed on the left and a left footed on the right.

Pressing Forward

Now, this one is tricky. Stamina, of course, but here we have two options: to go for a striker to score or to go for a striker to create spaces for others to score.

Last year, my favorites for this were Osimhen, Scamacca and Beto (the one from Udinese, now Everton). They all had in common Agression, Aerial and Movement as I found that these three attributes together are just overkill.

If they have these, it will work, but if they also have Teamwork, Shooting, Passing and Pace, the better.

Anyway, with these three guys I mentioned you guys probably are already seeing what kind of striker to look for.

After all this, here are two save tests I did to get some numbers. The save tests are the same I did with the tactic last year: the first with Sporting CP (a top team) and the other withy hometown Amora FC (an underdog team, this year really an awful team).

The first save test -> Sporting CP

EJHLuZq.jpeg

5X176uX.jpeg

dhnfu5B.jpeg

k1vxkf8.jpeg

uRYi22i.jpeg

S48P1kE.jpeg

8IWTB0s.jpeg

gHnfbkb.jpeg

ZRm3BWf.jpeg

XVcF48t.jpeg

8qhUJ61.jpeg

So, this went really well. I played with Sporting CP original squad, no signings, I only recalled two youngsters midfielders from their loans as Sporting CP has a shortage of them.

Last year this The Black Hawk did 33W-0D-1L in 34 games, this year I got 32W-2D-0L, which is almost the same. This year it performed better defensively (9 goals conceded is insane in a first season) while also providing a staggering 84 goals (2,47 goals per game) which is fantastic for a control tactic. These are numbers for a overload tactic.

We won all domestic competitions and only lose against Paris SG on semi finals of Europa League, our only defeat all season. Not ashamed of it, they are really strong and we battled them toe to toe.

RRmr9wX.jpeg

K8xQMLH.jpeg

Starting with my IFs, as trying to put them to work was the reason I designed this tactic last year, they were really strong. They scored a total of 59 goals and made 39 assists, which was Incredible.

I think they are stronger this year. They cut inside more to shoot outside of the box, they run more behind opponents back to create 1x1 against the goalkeepers, overall they look more active than last season.

All the others performed as I expected. My three main midfielders (Hjulmand, Bragança and Morita) are not suited to the roles I assigned them (Hjulmand is not gifted as RP, the others are not good at Movement), but still did well. Gyokeres is an absolute beast and must be a good signing for any team.

As Sporting CP is one of the "Big Three" of Portugal, I was not convinced as this might have been because of the overall strong squad The Lions have, so I tried a season with my Amora FC to see how it would perform.

The second save test -> Amora FC

Now, let me just say about Amora FC that we are a small team. We play on Liga 3 (portuguese third tier) and this season we have a weak, awful squad. Really, I'm afraid we end up relegated by the end of the season on real life. That would crush me...

Anyway, Amora FC is a good team to test this tactic on an underdog, as that is what we are this season.

We play on Liga 3, a league that has 20 teams divided on two regional groups (north and south), each with 10 teams. The first regular phase has the top 4 teams of each group go to a final promotion phase (8 teams, the 4 top teams of each group), all the others go to a relegation phase.

DQywIXI.jpeg

qZEkeQH.jpeg

uUKVlof.jpeg

4VyZUkc.jpeg

RJrI71o.jpeg

cIV46q3.jpeg

AgMNYI8.jpeg

As it can be seen, we won the first phase and got a place on the promotion phase. We ended up second place, so we not won the league, but were promoted. Also, we were knocked out of Portuguese Cup by Farense only on extra time, they are a team from portuguese first tier.

I'm really proud of all this. Amora FC has one of the worst squads of the league (it can be seen how almost all games were graded as 3 or 4 of difficulty), but we managed to get promoted.

Now, what I learned from this save test is that in most of the games we were slightly better than our opponents, but we were let down by individual mistakes, both in our defense as our IFs missing goals (my IFs are terrible, terrible even for portuguese third tier).

Overall, we clearly overperformed and I do not believe an AI Amora FC ever to get even remotely close to get promoted as we did. For example, in the first save test with Sporting CP, Amora FC was dead last by a long range.

This was it. Two successful save tests, I believe the tactic has some tweaks in it to perform better, but by now I believe this is already good.

Now I will try it on Premier League, last year I did a save test with Wolves, this season I may do one with Brighton. Latter will post updates of how it went.

Only conceding 9 is crackers 🤣

I'm not a

On 17/11/2023 at 16:04, Black Hawk said:

Is this a thing? Are there more people having trouble seeing the images?

I uploaded them on another host, please give me feedback if these are good or not.

Screenshot-20231110-135002-FM24-Mobile.j

Screenshot-20231110-134914-FM24-Mobile.j

Screenshot-20231107-185548-FM24-Mobile.j

Screenshot-20231107-185552-FM24-Mobile.j

I'm not able to see any , they won't load

3 hours ago, Pisadri said:

Please I beg man I'm not able to see the tactic please !!! 🥺🥺🥺

We can see the screenshots fine. Try borrowing someone else’s device for 5 mins 👍 or a different browser 

Thank you for the tactic 

I have question, How to make player in team feel comfortable on the ball. And any suggest on this situation, I currently play Burton Albion for 3 season and struggling with same issue eg. Team morale ,Concede a lot of goal , Front 3 cannot score

IMG_5963.png

IMG_5969.png

IMG_5970.png

IMG_5967.png

IMG_5964.png

One quick question because I am really trying to sort my team out --- when you say that a player "has to have [attribute]", how are you defining them actually having it?

For example, a proper wingback needs pace --- does that mean he needs to have 10 pace? 15? 

On 20/11/2023 at 02:04, Anfieldzz said:

Thank you for the tactic 

I have question, How to make player in team feel comfortable on the ball. And any suggest on this situation, I currently play Burton Albion for 3 season and struggling with same issue eg. Team morale ,Concede a lot of goal , Front 3 cannot score

IMG_5963.png

That's just where your players overall have lower Technique compared to other teams. Only way to fix it is either to try and train your players in technique (probably not worth it) or buy players with a higher technique and sell off the ones with low.

On 17/11/2023 at 17:10, johnnyman said:

my pf hasn't been scoring goals.

On 17/11/2023 at 17:38, Sege77 said:

PF is bad at scoring goals always outscored by the IFs As they get most of the chances 

I use Haaland as the IF 

Misses easy chances and always offside 

Had PFs always scoring a lot since last years FMM. May be a number of factors. Some strikers are not suited to play as PF, for example if they have low Agression or Movement or both. Also helps if the guy has Aerial.

I remember playing last year with Man Utd and Cristiano Ronaldo lacked Agression and Movement, did not worked. Haaland scored a lot with this tactic last season, Osimhen, Beto and Scamacca too.

On 20/11/2023 at 02:04, Anfieldzz said:

Thank you for the tactic 

IMG_5963.png

IMG_5969.png

IMG_5970.png

IMG_5967.png

IMG_5964.png

My experience is that Technique makes the player more comfortable with the ball. Maybe there are more attributes that helps (maybe Dribbling?) but usually I seek players with Technique.

22 hours ago, mattyflex said:

One quick question because I am really trying to sort my team out --- when you say that a player "has to have [attribute]", how are you defining them actually having it?

For example, a proper wingback needs pace --- does that mean he needs to have 10 pace? 15? 

It depends on the level where you are playing.

My second save test in Liga 3 with Amora? I was happy with 11/12. Portuguese League? 13/14 is already good enough. Premier League? 15 at least.

22 hours ago, Baciccia said:

Hello, very nice tactic.

how do you choose the RP in that position?

The individual role? It's one of the choices for the defensive midfielder. Or are you asking what players to choose? Sorry, I didn't understand.

Edited by Black Hawk

So, for the third save test of this year's version of this tactic I've chosen Brighton. It was a test designed to be similar to the one I did last year with Wolves. At the time we won the Premier League with just two signings (Todibo and St. Juste, both quick and technically sound central defenders).

With Brighton I did basically the same. I signed in two quick central defenders with good technique. As money was not abundant and needed two, brought Maxence Lacroix and Davinson Sanchez. They are not top tier players, but are good enough to fit in the kind of centre back I look for.

Then I went for it.

Kk6QVSr.jpeg

yBWLC1r.jpeg

ykNzQ1s.jpeg

TgFNZtP.jpeg

FLU4l1D.jpeg

p0e1Sb8.jpeg

LarmK2G.jpeg

5RqukKT.jpeg

DKztVa2.jpeg

iCEYiWc.jpeg

2ntnwVN.jpeg

xju0Umg.jpeg

0x7mwOA.jpeg

MFsg3aS.jpeg

p4n9I8q.jpeg

And it was really, really fun, so much so that I will continue to play into the second season.

It was a stressful season. Brighton has good players, sure, but only Fati is what I would call a top tier player. Unfortunately, the guy was often injured, so... yeah.

Also, every second choice in every position was a clear downgrade. Anytime I had to make substitutions or change players between games, well, it was chaos. Against stronger teams, some players would make costly individual mistakes. Only by January/February these players started to get upgrades and closing the difference to the starting eleven.

Anyway, we did well in most of games. Even against stronger teams, we won or draw most of them. We only lost against City (twice), Liverpool, Tottenham and Bayern. Only against Tottenham we were clearly outclassed - the others were very even games where we were narrowly defeated.

All in all, we won Premier League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup. Bayern defeated us 5-4 on the Round of 16 of Europa League. We managed to win 3-2 at home, but we needed to win by 2 goals to force an extra time. It was close.

dEH5niA.jpeg

AlaHDms.jpeg

For starters, I made the mistake to loan out Evan Ferguson. My reasoning for this was that Welbeck and João Pedro would do the trick and Ferguson would benefit from a whole season playing first team football. It backfired a bit because Welbeck and João Pedro struggled many times. The numbers they have are misleading. They scored not because they performed well, but because they had a lot of chances to do so.

My choice to be Roaming Playmaker was Pascal Gross and I couldn't be happier with his performance. Billy Gilmour also performed well as B2B. On the other end, I was expecting more from Mitoma.

Anyway, almost everyone contributed with goals and assists. This is very close to the kind of numbers I had on other save tests in FMM 23. Last year with Wolves I had almost the exact same results. I conceded a bit more goals with Brighton, maybe because my midfielders are weaker than those of Wolves last season (I had Ruben Neves, João Moutinho and Matheus Nunes, that was a strong midfield).

1 hour ago, Black Hawk said:

Had PFs always scoring a lot since last years FMM. May be a number of factors. Some strikers are not suited to play as PF, for example if they have low Agression or Movement or both. Also helps if the guy has Aerial.

I remember playing last year with Man Utd and Cristiano Ronaldo lacked Agression and Movement, did not worked. Haaland scored a lot with this tactic last season, Osimhen, Beto and Scamacca too.

My experience is that Technique makes the player more comfortable with the ball. Maybe there are more attributes that helps (maybe Dribbling?) but usually I seek players with Technique.

It depends on the level where you are playing.

My second save test in Liga 3 with Amora? I was happy with 11/12. Portuguese League? 13/14 is already good enough. Premier League? 15 at least.

The individual role? It's one of the choices for the defensive midfielder. Or are you asking what players to choose? Sorry, I didn't understand.

Im asking which kind of player do you prefer there, like most important skills for example 

Hey @Black Hawk,

Long time watcher of your threads from last year - well done on such a high performing tactic!

Anything that can get Danny Welbeck to score 30 goals in a season deserves huge credit 😂

Question for you, what do you with corner setups? Mainly Defensive - I've not changed anything from default and I've started a new save to use your tactic with Newcastle.

I've noticed (not just on this save) that my defence get caught out when the opposing team have corners. Curious as to what your setups might be to help.

Thanks in advance!

Had massive success with this tactic. I'm 4 seasons in with United and have a much better team than the competition now so would probably win the league with any tactic, but the level of domination with this one was impressive. Also won all cup competitions though the champions league final went to penalties. My only loss of the season was while resting a bunch of players for a cup game and having a very early sending off.

Screenshot_20231123_095633_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Great tactic and fun to watch. However, holy-terrible-goalkeeper... they (I have tried 3) are just handing the opposition goals on a platter every game. Nice 3 games in a row of my keeper rating a 4 🤪

Lucky it is good at generating goals to cover for the liabilities at the back haha

Please is anybody also experiencing this,each time I choose this tactics and I finish setting the player roles the player tactic automatically change to vertical tiki taka instead of the normal tiki taka playstyle I choosed in the first place

Screenshot_2023-11-25-19-40-48-065_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

I am getting close to mastering this tactic but I still have a problem. Every single game I give up at least one goal on a counter attack. It's almost always the same --- one of their wingers beats one of my pacey wingbacks in a one-on-one and I give up a goal from a diagonal run towards the box from about 20-25 yards out.

I've tried making my WBs FBs and DFBs, and I've tried making my BPDs CDs, but these haven't worked thus far. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?