Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Best traits for players

Just wondering if traits make any difference in performance, and if so what are the best ones to look out for?

Technique, Decisions, Creativity are the ones I usually prioritise along with Pace, although depending on the career level you're playing you might not always be able to get guys with blistering speed.

I'm quite a defensive bloke, so pace and tackling, strength for me, all the way. Midfield, good crossing and passing, strikers. Meh shooting and good aerial. (Stoke City type of team) 

Are you asking about ‘attributes’ (aerial, pace, shooting) … or about ‘traits’ (cuts inside, hugs line, winds up opponents) ?

On 27/03/2024 at 12:53, DanEnglish said:

Are you asking about ‘attributes’ (aerial, pace, shooting) … or about ‘traits’ (cuts inside, hugs line, winds up opponents) ?

Traits like shoots with power, just wondering if it actually does anything as I’ve never seen a difference personally

Posted (edited)

So I believe the likely situation is that:

• ‘traits don’t actually DO anything in the match engine’ …
  • … instead they are a reflection of the players attributes + positional familiarity …
  • … so they show what a player ‘could be good at’ - but it doesn’t mean the player ‘does it’.

We explored this in excruciating detail in these experiments:

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/48439-experiment-do-player-traits-matter-in-the-match-engine/

Here’s the poll results from those who answered - so there is NOT a +80% consensus 😞 

7B7FC775-B652-4EBF-8E8A-FA26D2DF53BD.thumb.jpeg.4da9dd3de9dd177dd5ed89fb3c13b57f.jpeg

Edited by DanEnglish
1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

So I believe the likely situation is that:

• ‘traits don’t actually DO anything in the match engine’ …
  • … instead they are a reflection of the players attributes + positional familiarity …
  • … so they show what a player ‘could be good at’ - but it doesn’t mean the player ‘does it’.

We explored this in excruciating detail in these experiments:

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/48439-experiment-do-player-traits-matter-in-the-match-engine/

Here’s the poll results from those who answered - so there is NOT a +80% consensus 😞 

7B7FC775-B652-4EBF-8E8A-FA26D2DF53BD.thumb.jpeg.4da9dd3de9dd177dd5ed89fb3c13b57f.jpeg

I'd say shoots with power, places shots and likes to try to beat offside trap definitely are played out in-game. The first two with how a striker shoots and the latter with getting caught offside less. I've just mentioned three examples, I'm sure there are others as well.

7 hours ago, Franky1971 said:

I'd say shoots with power, places shots and likes to try to beat offside trap definitely are played out in-game. The first two with how a striker shoots and the latter with getting caught offside less. I've just mentioned three examples, I'm sure there are others as well.

You said ‘definitely’. Do you have any evidence for this, or it’s from your personal experience / observations? 🙂  

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

You said ‘definitely’. Do you have any evidence for this, or it’s from your personal experience / observations? 🙂  

100%........ players with the 'places shots' trait will literally pass the ball into the net. It makes them more clinical in front of goal and many of the top strikers such as Haaland and Osimhen have it. For a striker, this is the best trait along with 'likes to try to beat offside trap' which improves the timing of their runs, resulting in getting caught offside less often. 'Plays one twos' is a good one for midfielders as they'll play one-twos in the final third to create openings for team mates. These are just three examples of tangible benefits in player traits. Most are like this but there's also some that probably don't mean anything such as 'winds up opponents' but even that one I'm not sure about as it might increase the chance of opponents getting carded.

Edited by Franky1971