Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Pokemon

Dec

Haha its like intensive training to bring the best out your pokemon. In short you breed for IVs which effect your stats, while EV training is by defeating certain pokemon which increases your stats. Thats an extremely basic guide but look on google and you'll find the indepth method.

Without these special training steps your pokemon never forfill there protential which means i could wipe the floor with your team ;)

First of all, you cannot IV train. IV's are the original attributes of a Pokemon. All stats revolve around the Pokemon's nature and IV's. A pokemon with 31 Special Attack IV's will excel in that stat. 0 IV's in HP will mean these stats will increase at a lower rate. (Think of a player who is unhappy with IT.)

Secondly, yes I do EV train.

Ray, I have Diamond/Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White and a few 3rd gen games. I'm not that big a Pokefreak

Ok you can't train for IVs but you can breed for IVs and natures

Yeah, but then you would have to run around for 16, 000 steps to hatch the Pokemon. And whose to say that you get the nature/IVs you want. Then you have more breeding. You should only worry like that for a multi-player team, like the ones Smogon talks about. In game, natures don't matter much.

Forget all the different types of training, i stick to what i know works, and imo, thats the best way to be.

Whatever happened to the old way of training pokemon, the way i train them? Battle & grow, add in some bought TMs/HMs, and that was the way everyone used to do it when i was a kid, and its the way i still do it, purely because it works.

Maybe, but there was never EV or IV training when i was a kid. I never use specific pokemon against specific types when i train them up, i battle whatever comes my way, bring them all on, thats the only way you learn what types your pokemon is strongest and weakest against without using the basic type vs type info (e.g. fire beats grass etc).

EV's didn't exist in Gold/Silver.

Also, you may think: 'oh, my Typlosion just beat that Staryu, it was be strong against that type!', well it isn't. If you see it's stats, it may have had poor Defence/Sp Def. You can't think of Pokemon like that, it is structured in a way to make it challenging, but still enjoyable.

EV's didn't exist in Gold/Silver.

Also, you may think: 'oh, my Typlosion just beat that Staryu, it was be strong against that type!', well it isn't. If you see it's stats, it may have had poor Defence/Sp Def. You can't think of Pokemon like that, it is structured in a way to make it challenging, but still enjoyable.

My point exactly.

Staryu? Am talking about Feraligator level 40 that Ty destroyed, he also beat Lugia with relevant ease.

Sounds a load of crap to me, i only change my type if am unsure that the pokemon already out can defeat its opponent.

But don't worry, once Lanturn is up to 100 and has killer moves he'll show everyone that he's still the king :D

Ok you can't train for IVs but you can breed for IVs and natures

Yeah, but then you would have to run around for 16, 000 steps to hatch the Pokemon. And whose to say that you get the nature/IVs you want. Then you have more breeding. You should only worry like that for a multi-player team, like the ones Smogon talks about. In game, natures don't matter much.

In black theres short cuts to help you get the right nature and IVs by breeding the pokemon holding items. In game natures etc don't matter apart from the subway.

All the IV and EV stuff seems like too much effort. I stick to how I played it on old games, using types so I'm super effective against my Pokemon, which is why I love it so much as it was so simple.

EV training, as I have already said, is only for when you are doing Multi-player games, or in 5th gen, Battle Subway.

In game, as in story mode, you only need t continually win battles, so you don't as strategically as you would over 2/4 player modes. In game I have a Infernape, Rampardos, Vespiquen, Alakazam, Garchomp, and a Gastrodon. Multiplayer, my team is different because that is more strategic. My in game team is just like that so I can win battles easily.

EV training, as I have already said, is only for when you are doing Multi-player games, or in 5th gen, Battle Subway.

In game, as in story mode, you only need t continually win battles, so you don't as strategically as you would over 2/4 player modes. In game I have a Infernape, Rampardos, Vespiquen, Alakazam, Garchomp, and a Gastrodon. Multiplayer, my team is different because that is more strategic. My in game team is just like that so I can win battles easily.

I've only heard of Alakazam out of those :lol:

Anyway, time to give Erika a beating with Typhlosion, this will be quick :)

Fire destroys Grass.

Exactly :D

Erika: "Don't go easy on me, give me everything you've got"

Yeah like am just going to mess it up now your down to your crappy Bellosom just because your a girl...flamethrower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....and thats an easy win for Ty, didn't even have to break sweat.

Haha some old guy thinks he can beat me with electric types, we all know who will crush that dream...

Dear Lt. Surge.

Your pokemon will get burnt alive.

Love, Typhlosion.

5 Badges down, 3 to go :)

Dr Mr. Typhlosion,

Would you please stop defeating Gym Leaders as we would like to see Ray lose, and some other Pokemon battle

Your Poke adviser,

Matt

Dr Mr. Typhlosion,

Would you please stop defeating Gym Leaders as we would like to see Ray lose, and some other Pokemon battle

Your Poke adviser,

Matt

If Ty doesn't get them, Lugia will, one way or another.

The only pokemon i have below 30 is Scyther and thats only because he's there to use his cut for trees, otherwise he wouldn't be there.

Might train up my Vulpix as extra fire power :)

You shouldn't be using Typhlosion against everything. If you had an Embargo on you and your Typhlosion and Lugia fainted, who would you send out?

You shouldn't be using Typhlosion against everything. If you had an Embargo on you and your Typhlosion and Lugia fainted, who would you send out?

What type is Embargo?

I have common sense, and that can win you a battle alone, no matter what pokemon is used. But if i train Vulpix up, i can give Ty a break and let Vul do the work he'd usually do.

Thats why Lanturn will be amazing, he'll take down anyone when i've got him to a great level and he has great moves, once he has Thunder and Hydro Pump then hopefully he'll learn Recovery and Hyper Beam :D

Embargo is a Dark-type move which stops the opponent from using items. I'm saying if you are using revives and potions when your pokemon get weak, and then you are in a position where you cannot, you could be screwed!

Embargo is a Dark-type move which stops the opponent from using items. I'm saying if you are using revives and potions when your pokemon get weak, and then you are in a position where you cannot, you could be screwed!

Not really, if i had Lanturn on a strong level with recovery it would be a useless move.

I'm gonna ask Dec how he developed FMHVibe and create a replica of it dedicted to Pokemon. And also, rafa, this is a Pokemon thread. We are meant to discuss Pokemon!

I'm gonna ask Dec how he developed FMHVibe and create a replica of it dedicted to Pokemon. And also, rafa, this is a Pokemon thread. We are meant to discuss Pokemon!

+1

I know your talking about them, but am talking about Lanturn as i know he can learn recovery, Lugia might be able to aswell, not sure though.