Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 The Callum Paterson 1k Challenge - By Ashez

Ashez

The Callum Paterson 1k Challenge:

Where I Am At The Moment:

Well due to Christmas and work being over it's time I got back into FMH, especially since all I have left to worry about over the coming days is Alfie's birthday and New Years. This challenge will be played on the PSP version of the game even though I'm getting the IOS game today, I'm hoping to become more of a IOS gamer so this career maybe rather slow paced but I'll do my best to update every couple of days.

The Back Ground:

Whenever I start a 1k challenge I normally pick the player first then pick the team I want to use but this time I did things differently by selecting the club first! Picking the starting club is possibly the most important thing about this challenge since you need a top club which is in a poor league, while also being able to keep the selected player from leaving. Most people seem to go to Portugal, Holland or Scotland for this challenge.

I can see why since I also take these clubs into account. Portugal has many decent options including Porto, Sporting and Benfica while Holland is equally attractive with the likes of Ajax and PSV. Although these clubs are extremely decent options and I've used a number of them before but I decided to start 2013 off the way I started this challenge in 2012 with Borja....In Scotland.

When looking in Scotland you can see it is a crap league with average teams apart from Celtic which is who I used last year....But I had an idea, what if I could use a club with a massive reputation, training facilities, wage budget and transfer budget in the lower leagues? Well as you've probably already guessed I'm using Glasgow Rangers! Think about it, your the second best team in Scotland yet your playing in the bottom division....Surely it's a no brain-er? That magical moment when your a top side and you draw crap in the cup and you smash them with your striker scoring for fun....I get that every week

:D.

Rangers_Football_Club-300x300.png

Once I had selected Rangers it was time to find a player, the options were limited but the second I saw 17 year old Callum Paterson I new I was onto something....The problem was he'd cost £2 million. Which actually didn't turn out to be a problem since after I sold a few players and adjusted the budgets Hearts accepted my bid and the talented Scotsman was mine!

0,,10289~11211366,00.jpg

Once the player and club was picked all I needed to do was select a formation, I had intended to go with my Brendan Rodgers formation but the lack of wingers bothered me slightly so I stuck with my tried and tested 4-3-2-1......Let the Games Begin.

Cheers for reading, season one will be posted shortly.

Personally Sega overpowered Rangers too much.

Agreed. It's Sports Interactive, though.

Oh, really? Anyhow, they lost to St. Mirren in real life, but on the game I got them promoted back to the Premier in straight seasons, and then won the title the next year. :P

Rangers_Football_Club-300x300.png0,,10289~11211366,00.jpg

Season 1 Review:

DSC_1928_zps46652e86.jpg

A solid start to the career and we were a real force

:). Saldy Livingston and Killie (Shut it AS :P) stopped us winning everything but o well.

League:

DSC_1929_zpsda92b65b.jpg

Have some of that!! Domination for the nation!! Stupidly easy and scored a stupid amount...Obviously winning every game is exciting

:)....Where's Anwar when he's needed :(

Scottish Cup:

DSC_1930_zps1b6cf510.jpg

Pahaaha they had the cheek to call us underdogs hahaha.

Callum Paterson:

Stats:

DSC_1931_zps3f7d336e.jpg

Such a beast!!

Results:

DSC_1932_zpsbce9c802.jpg

Boom, had hoped for 100 but anything over 50 is lovely! The only problem is he assisted alot and if you look at how many he scored compared to the team in the league screen shot. O well still an amazing start 1/10th of the way to our goal!!

Manager Profile:

DSC_1933_zpsb6309558.jpg

Sexy profile baby!!

Cheers for following, as always your comments are welcome and mean alot.

Personally Sega overpowered Rangers too much.

Agreed. It's Sports Interactive, though.

Oh, really? Anyhow, they lost to St. Mirren in real life, but on the game I got them promoted back to the Premier in straight seasons, and then won the title the next year. :P

They haven't lost to St Mirren this year. Inverness and Stirling are the only teams to beat them.

You've finally posted this ash :)

Oh so wonderful Killie won the league cup again? ;)

Ssh Killie cheated :P.

Took me a while to post cause it took me a while to replay the season after i lost it lol.

Anyway cheers for the comment, had hoped for a few more :P

They haven't lost to St Mirren this year. Inverness and Stirling are the only teams to beat them.

Oh. I'm supposed to know that, being a fan of Inverness and all. Facepalm

Oh. I'm supposed to know that, being a fan of Inverness and all. Facepalm

Haha! Do you go to many games?

Rangers_Football_Club-300x300.png0,,10289~11211366,00.jpg

Season Review:

DSC_1928_zps46851d17.jpg

A rather average season to be honest

Europa League Group:

DSC_1929_zpsfd74ccb7.jpg

What a bitch of a group!! The strange thing was i beat both Zenit and Malaga yet lost to the little team twice

:@

League:

DSC_1930_zps1a79e912.jpg

So close to another undefeated league season!! Whata joke!! Was sooo gutted

:(

The Game I Lost:

DSC_1936_zps0508becd.jpg

Look at the date, such a long run undefeated in the league. My first choice keeper was injuried for this game so i blame him for my defeat

:P

Scottish Cup:

DSC_1931_zps9d7f58a7.jpg

Challenge Cup:

DSC_1932_zps57b9241b.jpg

Callum Paterson:

Stats:

DSC_1934_zpsca1f474d.jpg

Results:

DSC_1933_zpsb9325ac5.jpg

Another amazing season!!

0,,10289~11211366,00.jpg

Played: 105

Scored: 182

Manager Profile:

DSC_1935_zpsae68b49d.jpg

Cheers lads.

@AS - God knows lol, and no i had kenneth Vermeer as first choice but now got Nicolas Douchez. Didn't look who won the cup sorry :(.