Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Football Manager Handheld 2015 News (Update 6.3 out now)

Dec

I think a lot of the problem is you can't do anything about it, if your striker with 19 shooting can't find the back of the net in a stupid amount of shots on target what more can you do? I've used the best attacking players possible and you still get results like that often while Jimmy the fake from the lower leagues can riffle one in from 60 yards out against Neuer.

It's just really frustrating and the engine is rigged, there is no doubt about it. I don't think I've ever seen a human player get battered that much by the AI yet win 2-0.

You just can't do anything about it when the game is in that mood, changes make hardly any difference and it's ever so convenient your keeper gets a 5/10 while the opposition has the game of their season. Err I'm just frustrated right now, I guess I shouldn't be as both saves went well but it's still annoying as the only difficulty in the game is the engine being harsh and cheating you.

From what I've seen the results are more likely to get crap when you have a big lead in the league, once second place catches up you start performing again. Granted that could be trying to insinuate your players are taking it easy due to the lead etc but that's something we can't control or do anything about so it equals frustration.

I think it must be just you Ashez. I have recently been playing my first ever Barca career and Suarez, Neymar and Messi are tearing the world apart.

Just look at them in full flight....

NVpYU1r.jpg

Keepers go week at the knees just thinking about this deadly trio

zPRNViV.jpg

My defence on the other hand is like a rock and no mortal can pass.

ZWyOwZM.jpg

In all seriousness I did think playing a save with the best players in the world would be less stressful. I wasn't foolish enough to think I would score with every other shot but I did think I would score more than usual.

I really don't think the engine takes into account the quality of player you use, my shots to goal ratio has been very similar no matter the quality of my squad..

Just for the record I was bored so counted up all my shots and goals vs the AI over the course of the season.

I averaged a goal every 6.82 shots on target vs 3.1 from the AI.

I'll play ball and say it's a fair playing field but how do you explain how much more "luck" the AI gets on a consistent basis, the information Billy shows perfectly why we are frustrated as players. 

Maybe the engine is completely balanced and the game doesn't know who's who but maybe something else effects it? Actually just being nosy now but if the game doesn't know who's who how does holidaying work? If the game doesn't know if you are AI or human or even playing the game why are your results always awful? As i said just being nosy as i think it's an interesting question :P

The game doesn't know who is who in the match engine, it does in other instances.

It could be due to attacking too much, Inside Forwards, BBMs or many factors. Players may be getting frustrated with short passing and having a long shot. It's hard to tell but it happens and it could be many things.

Which is why we need more control of our tactical roles so we can turn long shots off on our midfield and other things like that. As it stands the roles do as SI say and it's that which is screwing us.

We don't even know what the roles do in fairness, we have a basic personal idea based off our real life views but as for what SI and their scouts make the roles do is beyond our knowledge. How are we meant to make an informed opinion about a role? I tried out an ISF a while back and he ran to the corner flag then cut in, that's not an ISF in my book.

This is why the game needs more options like the PSP had, even if you could open the current roles up and edit little things like pressing, long shots and other in game things like that. Hey they could even make man marking an option as they've been asking us to do it for years :P (possibly fixed but i don't read reports anymore lol).

It doesn't...

And there is NO stamina bug!

Unfortunately most businesses in the world today will deny something until they are blue in the face and unarguable evidence is presented.

With the engine knowing who's who debate there is no way of us proving it meaning SI are on solid ground denying it unlike the face palm that was the stamina bug.

All I will say is start a game. After the friendlies have finished make notes about your opponent. You need to note the exact formation, player roles, team instructions and starting 11 as well as any subs that come on. Regularly check for changes of these during the match.

Step 2. Quit the game and start a new one as that team you have just studied. We will call this team A bPlay the exact same way as they did in the first match against you. Your first game should be against the team you originally were. We will call that team B. Now, like you did before you need to copy all of Team B's tactics and players, make a note as you will need this later.

Step 3. After the final whistle quit and reload so your team (A) plays team B 5-10 using the same setup as before. Make a note of all results.

Step 4. Time to change sides. Now quit and begin a new game as team B (the team you started with in the very beginning) you should have your notes of how team B played against you. Copy that as closely as you can! Don't try and win the game but make the same changes the AI did against you.

If things go to plan both teams should be playing the way they originally were regardless of who is in charge. This makes for the fairest test I was able to achieve.

Again play 5-10 games and note the results.

Now compare who had the best results with team A and B, the AI or you. Who had the best shots to goal ratio?

Yes I was bored about 3 weekends ago and yes it was what I expected.

No this is not scientific enough to present as evidence that the engine is rigged.

How are we meant to make an informed opinion about a role?

Click the i on the tactics screen ;).

I found that funnier than I should have :(:D

8mRGXDY.jpg

Porto were playing 3 players completely out of position!

Quick test save over.

After much perseverance through 6.2 and today with 6.3 - FMH2015 finally over.

8mRGXDY.jpg

Porto were playing 3 players completely out of position!

Quick test save over.

After much perseverance through 6.2 and today with 6.3 - FMH2015 finally over.

Do you have 6.3.1? Do you have a screenshot of the players out of position?

3 seems high out of position but 1 or 2 is right - Mourinho played Zouma out of position when Matic got banned.

Aboubaker in the midfield as a central midfielder is slightly stretching things Dec. That's what always happens with me and I have screen shots of those recently. Danilo is often played as a DLP in centre mid and another striker plays in central midfield as APM. Happens a fair bit when you look for it but Porto do deem to be the biggest culprits.

Recently Carrick played APM, Rooney ball winning midfielder and Rojo Centre mid with Blind at centre back.

What does 19 shooting get you I hear you cry? Well my friends check out the image below to find out!

JvR2MRy.png

Shocking! Ings' does have bad heading yet he only went for one header which he didn't win so all those shots came from his feet, 19 shooting yet he shins them all apart from two, it's a joke.

Ha ha. Do you think this has become even worse on 6.3.1?

A quick test save had Jackson Martinez score 1 from 21 shots.

In another match he had 19 headers!!!!!! Even though I play short with no wingers or inside forwards.

I try not to focus on it to be honest, I'm lucky ATM as I'm not playing any saves where it would bother me (like a goal challenge). Sure the robbed points from "fixed" matches get on my nerves but I just press continue as quick as I can and get to the next match haha.

Unfortunately I do think we have to be careful what we wish for, as a fix for that issue could lead to the breaking of goal challenges which would be a massive blow to the game and something that would push me over the edge.

I find when playing as a poacher they will have a lot of chances quickly and snatch at them take Defoe as an example at Spurs he'd have around 8-9-10 shots a game and get nothing and his shooting is quality

Not on target though UK.

I often compare to OPTA stats and my world class FMH15 teams squander much higher percentage of shots on target than the worst teams in the Premiership.

The stats are a bit misleading. In real life a game that has a higher number of shots could read

Shots 17

On target 6

Goals 1

On FMH

Shots 17

On target 16

Goals 1

I think there are far too many shots on target. I have said it since day one. SI need to limit the amount of shots on target or let more goals in because it is not working at present.

The internet broke when Tim Howard saved 15 shots on target. That's the highest ever at any World Cup.

A keeper saving 10 shots on target is good going so as I say it IS unrealistic regardless of pressure etc.

A quick check shows bottom club QPR scored with ever 3.5 shots on target last season.

Chelsea every 2.8 shots on target

Man City 2.7