Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Bala Town : The Welsh Way

Love this. I am inexperienced on this site and aspiring to make a career. This is incredible. I only have a few posts, and I know nothing about making careers, but if I ever made a career that was a tenth as good as this I would be happy. Great career. xD

@OHP - Thanks mate.

@Juan C - Thanks, and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

@Nokru_king - Mate, you've been here since almost the beginning, thanks!

@Mike - Would've completed a fairytale if Bale had scored, but it's almost the same feeling as if Hughes scored the winning goal.

@Kun - Thanks, shame Man City lost :P, anyways, Hughes scores more than what he played.

@Lian - I'm thinking......Chris Hughes :D He already has 114 assists to his name!

@Nath - Thanks.

@Nokru_king - That's the plan, but I think I might need to select someone else for the 300 assists one. I reverted to a one striker formation, and Hughes will more than likely not assist as much :D

@Matto - Thanks!

@Anoochi - Glad to be of service :D

@Billy - I don't know who you'e referencing :P, but I presume it's supposed to be me, so thank you! And yes, it's very fitting.

Alright, before I start off this update, I said that I would release the scrapbooks of some of the Bala Town players, so here they are:

Bala Town F.C - The Welsh Way

Season 24-25
1XJrSlq.png
Anyways, welcome back to the Welsh Way. As you guys know, before this one, I left you off with the hat-trick hero Hughes in the Real Madrid final with Hughes. So. now that we have finished the cups that I wanted to get, I might prolong the life of this career by trying to maybe win an international trophy such as the EUROs or the World Cup, but anyways, let's play ball.

Squad & Transfers
LQf3vRt.jpg
RMQEsmn.jpg
If you followed this from the start, you would recognize a name from there, Lewis Hughes. I brought him in to Bala Town from Bolton for 3.4 Million because I needed some better cover for the Advanced Playmaker role in my tactic as Rhys Taylor wasn't good enough. On the outs, Loveridge went out for 1.5 Million, I won't worry too much about losing money because as long as we consistently win the Champions League, which I hope, we should be able to keep afloat on finances.

IlsCjgM.jpg
ME9whTd.jpg
Going ahead, we have a pretty robust squad, but apparently my assistant thinks we are a bit low on the striking end, what is with him? Did he not witness Chris Hughes scoring a hat-trick in the CL final and 85 goals in a season? Haha, anyways, I believe our strongest zone is the midfield, considering we have numerous talented players in that area, but let's get on with the formation and results now.

Formation

4-3-2-1 Attacking
ew0Lpm8.jpg
Rocking with a 4-3-2-1, this is designed to help Hughes achieve his 1K goals, and maybe, one of our midfielders to get 300 assists. It would be a fairytale and very lucky if we get the 1K goals and 300 assists in the same match, but that's way ahead where I am at.

League and Cup Results

Corbett Welsh League
GROot3w.jpg
As usual, we coast past the league, winning almost every game with our incredible Welsh squad and Chris Hughes spear pointing our path to success. Annoyingly, at the end of the season, we lost to TNS who still have a squad with over half of them being England players, and we still have a better squad! Shame really, but we're looking to improve it next season. Also, interestingly, Chris Hughes himself scored a third of our over all league goals scored.

Welsh Premier League Cup
Dt0OPll.jpg
3-0. I really can't say too much about this cup except that we win it all the time, and 3-0 against Conwy doesn't really justify how good we are, but it's a win and a trophy nevertheless.

Welsh Cup
069cso5.jpg
2-1 in extra time! Talk about tenseness! Although we had almost every shot on target, they kept us at 1-1 until the 105th minute, when Luke Edwards scored the winner! Yes! This is the only cup we didn't win for every season.

European Champions League
eNk3giR.jpg
Now, here is the fun part :D. We won it last year, and BOOM, we won it again! We won on penalties against Schalke!!! To be fair, we deserved it, but super Craig James stopped 3 out of 4 penalties to gift us an easy win in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! Also, CHRIS HUGHES IS TOO GOOD, YOU HAVE TO TRY HIM IN THE SCRAPBOOK!

The interesting is that we didn't have to go through the qualifying phases anymore, we go straight into the group stages!
Here's how we got there:

Group Stages

q8dqAzR.jpg

Z22ysjv.jpg

hRGNUPF.jpg

nSOsYKh.jpg

ijxWa36.jpg

0crqsAB.jpg

Winning all those matches meant we went top of our group, it also shows how dominant we are in Europe, Bala on the rise!

Knockout Rounds and Last 16

jhzJ9Vr.jpg

RnTexth.jpg

3-2 on aggregate, yes! Let's do this all the way to the finals lads!

s45b9YT.jpg

VGZ9a1m.jpg

That's one Spanish giant down! Shame, Hughes didn't get to score, but we go through to the semi-finals....and it's Tottenham. Shoot! We might go down because they actually have some quality players!

kC7y0sM.jpg
CsTu8Ey.jpg

5-3 on aggregate! Look at that dominance! We are beasting through Europe, and it's all down to Chris Hughes!

European Super Cup

XzNAJFr.jpg

Of course, as we won the Champions League, we also go into the Super Cup, which was Atletico Madrid. Amazingly, the 35 year old Bale scored against former rivals Atletico Madrid and we managed to hold on for 7 minutes, which gave us the Super Cup!! Bale still has it with him!

Club World Championship
7WD9gz2.jpg
6 trophies in 6? This is it, we could win or lose, but that's just how the game works. And guess what. We win it to complete a golden year! A win against Colombian champions Atletico Nacional S.A awarded us our 6th trophy out of 6 and I'm one of the few managers who have won this sextuple! :P

Standout Performers and CHRIS HUGHES!

Top Goal Scorer

wShwLzZ.jpg

Is this even a surprise anymore? Obviously Chris Hughes has scored the most goals, and now with 412 goals, we need 588 more goals to complete a 1K with him, but at 23, can we pull through? Chris Hughes is a cult hero at Bala Town now, can he make a mark at FMHVibe?

Top Assist Man
N5u4DUd.jpg
Rhys Taylor gets this one, I might think of doing the 300 assists challenge with him, but I don't know. He's pretty good though, well deserved.

Manager - Dragon "The Welsh Legend" FIV
xyETuut.jpg
ouwxHLh.jpg
yKhcnTF.jpg

Look at those stats boy! We are blazing through this challenge, it could be over soon :(

Squad Stats

Goals
VvGH4vv.jpg

Chris Hughes, Harry Wilson, and Bale combines to get 112? goals together! This strikeforce is just too good, anyone want to challenge me and this team?

Assists
ycJhxA2.jpg

Wilson and Bale second and third respectively again; Created by Wilson and Bale, Finished by Chris Hughes, that's the way Bala Town works.

Average Rating
ZhQGFcI.jpg

League Standards, Finances, and Club Information

League Standards

ItiTEw3.jpg

20th best league! Let's hope we can at least break into the top 10 soon! I thought that with this league reputation, Aaron Ramsey could join, but it turns out that he retired, and I can't find his regen! :(

Finances
e7uCEau.jpg

Look at that wage budget! We are cheesing through this challenge, and we won the Champions League at only 100K Wage budget. It might sound like a lot, but to put that in perspective, Real Madrid this season are spending over 1M per week, and have stars like Sterling, Fred, Volland, Odegaard, etc, and didn't even qualify for the Champions League in the group stages and also got knocked out of the EURO Cup by Inter......INTER.

Club Information
ui2XxYH.jpg

I'm literally stuck at 11000 stadium capacity as the board aren't able to obtain planning permissions, does anyone have information on that. But anyways, we have Super with Youth Academy! Yeah boy!

We almost went on an unbeaten season, but TNS had to come and stop all my hopes and dreams, lol. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I did writing and as always, thanks for reading.

Brilliant season! Who knew you'd go that damn far! It's obvious Hughes is a beast! Any idea who's Regen is he?

Absolutely amazing season Nath. Shame about the league defeat.

I have ddownloaded the scrapbook!

Congrats on getting in to the top 20 in league standard great achievement.

You have done an amazing job with so little money.

@Billy - Oh okay, just to get it out there, my name is not actually Nath, but everyone can call me through my real life nickname, Jem.

@DeveshWaghmare - I still don't know whose regen he is, but I think he is more of an evogen actually. But he is an absolute tank!

@hrvat - Okay, but I don't guarantee a 100% success with it.

GK - Goalkeeper
DR - Wingback
DL - Wingback
DC - Center back
DC - Center back
LCM - Central midfielder
CM - Ball winning midfielder
RCM - Advanced playmaker
AML - Inside forward
AMR - Inside forward
FC - Deep lying forward

Attacking, Short, Normal
Pressing and Offside trap switched to on, the rest are off

@Mike - Still not named Nath, but I could be referenced as Jem. Thank you though.

@Bati - Awesome, Hughes is starting to decrease a bit in goals, but I'm hopeful that he can get to 1K

@LostLegend - Thanks!

Bala Town | The Welsh Chris Hughes Way

200px-Bala_Town_logo.png.jpg

Alright mate, welcome back to the Welsh Way....or Chris Hughes, depending on which challenge you are following. So, anyways, we have completed the cup challenges, which means we are almost completing this thing, and I'm interested to see if anyone is actually trying something like this with Ireland, Northern Ireland.....and such. But, we are here to see how Chris Hughes has done, but before we continue, let's have a look at what we have achieved so far and what else we have to do:

Bala Town - The Welsh Way Checklist:                                                                                                                        

• Welsh players only - which means foreign players must be shipped off.
  • Win something with at least 5-6 players in the squad that are homegrown
  • Get 1000 goals with a player - Attempting with CHRIS HUGHES
  • Get a homegrown player in the Wales squad
  • Get Superb and Academy or just Superb training facilities
  • 300 assists with a player - Still don't know who we are going to use.
  • Grab the Champions League!
  • And last but not least, make Bala a Welsh force

So we yet have to get 300 assists with a player, who I am still undecided with, and we also have to get 1K goals with obviously who else but Chris Hughes. So without further ado, let's have a look at Bala Town's season and Chris Hughes' season.

Bala Town - The Welsh Way

Season 25-26

Alright, let's start off with Bala Town's 25/26 season, we had another brilliant season, winning the sextuple and such, so we are basically a dominant force worldwide. So, I guess this would be our golden age and considering that many of the amazing youth players that we had in the past are now around their mid 20s, such as Chris Hughes, I will probably start to wrap this thing up soon, but who knows, let's get on with this.

Transfers

jUaih96.jpg

Not a very eventful transfer window from us but rightly so as I think we have a very good squad for every competition, because almost all the players are fully fit for every match, but there are some matches where we have to do some heavy rotation. Luckily, we have amazing back-up players for them :D. Anyways, I let some youth players go out on loan to get some match experience, and hopefully we can integrate them into the first team squad next season.

Season Results

exzDqG1.jpg

Another brilliant season for the Lakesiders as we completed our second sextuple in eleven seasons, massive considering how low we started when I initiated this challenge!

League

aVrIdAy.jpg

Won it with style, and another perfect season for us as we blasted past 130 goals against our opponents and only conceded 18. Just take a look at our goal difference between us and TNS, it's 93 goals! I'm still confident we can break through 150 goals.

Welsh Premier League Cup

D2vcIZf.jpg

An easy ride into the cup, and we win it without any problems, a good victory for Bala Town.

Welsh Cup

bpeEh0u.jpg

1-0 against Conwy, and we scored in the last 10 minutes to steal the Welsh Cup from Conwy. Coincidentally....or not....it was Chris Hughes who gets the winning goal!

European Super Cup

H8ZrSrT.jpg

We faced Inter in the European Super Cup, but we had to go through extra time to find out who the winner was, and the two Hughes (David and Lewis, not Chris or Rhys) get the goals to bring the European Super Cup back to where it belongs.

Club World Championship

7nohTHj.jpg

6-0 against Libertad is a very good score for us, but even if we won it, it was a pretty frustrating game for me because I wanted Chris Hughes to get more goals and clearly he hasn't shown his lethal touch in this one.

The Road to Our Second Champion's League

The Group Stage

KWdHfOE.jpg

Good performances and wins against Juventus, Monaco, and Olympiakos put us top of our group which means that we go through to the last 16...after the knockout rounds of course.

First Round

JPpGxDx.jpg

We go through after drawing 1-1 in the first round, and then smashing Shakhtar 3-1 in the second leg!

Quarter Finals!

3Nw7Lxu.jpg

We drew FC Porto in the quarter finals, and we all know how formidable they are, but a good 0-0 draw away from home and another smashing score of 4-3 against them at home put us through into the semi finals!

Semi Finals

ldWiJW2.jpg

We met Juventus again in the semi-finals and we already beat them once before, so why not again? And we did just that as we drew 1-1 away from home and 0-0 at home to put us through to the finals using the away goals rule!

Champion's League

7lutyBA.jpg

3-1 against English outfit, Manchester City with goals from Gareth Bale, Harry Wilson, and Chris Hughes to seal a brilliant Champions League run for us. Interestingly, we dominated this match, but really, we should dominate every match!

So now that we have Bala Town's season finished, let's have a look at Chris Hughes' season and how it panned out.

Chris Hughes' stats

hPZbG3U.jpg

Boasting a 19 shooting stat, he is apparently a target man, but I've always used him as a poacher so I don't really understand, so I put him on a training regime to increase his heading.

Goals, Goals, and......more Goals!

MyOxN6E.jpg

Of course, he was in terrific form as usual, netting 65 goals in yet another outstanding season for the Welsh magician.

Matches Where His Magic Showed

OYSwrWn.jpg

tunEE46.jpg

9OtdVrg.jpg

JJ4Z4ox.jpg

[/spoiler[

The Manager - Dragon FIV

MmDeQsk.jpg

plg4TKS.jpg

5th, but I'm looking to get that 1st place spot and be the best manger in the hall of fame!

nLP1qns.jpg

We might need to get another trophy cabinet, it seems like the storage room is already full.

Team

pO5ym8P.jpg

Good season from the players, and Chris Hughes specifically.

xnWoSuj.jpg

Rhys Hughes is doing very well, the wing back that is, and he get's the top assist man.

vsyQI08.jpg

Some very good ratings for the team, but I'm surprised that only two players are 8.00 or more on average rating.

So, let's have a round up of Chris Hughes' stats so far:

Scored 477

Played 415

Goals left 523

A big number left and he has a limited amount of time at 24, let's hope that he can hit that number before he retires!

Anyways, that is all for now, make sure to leave a comment, and as always, thanks for reading.

Bala Town - The Welsh Way

Season 26-27

200px-Bala_Town_logo.png.jpg

Welcome back to the Welsh Way, I couldn't wait to get this one out, so I'm doing it right now! I think we are doing fantastic, but one problem; Since we are edging closer to finishing this, I also wanted to win a World Cup or any trophy internationally, be it the EUROs or.......But, when I applied and waited for 2 weeks, this fine chap right here named Neville Powell got it instead of me. I mean, is he in the top 10 best managers in the world? Of course not! So I don't understand why this happened, but anyways, we have to move on. So, without ado, let's head straight to our season:

The Team

Transfers

uxGy5DS.jpg

On to our transfers, the first two names you might have noticed is Gareth Bale and former back-up striker Michael Hywel. Bale was becoming 36 years old, and I wanted to integrate some youth back into the squad, so I sold him to Connah's Quay for 150K. Michael Hywel was a back-up, it's not like I had much use for him anyway :D 4.5M is good profit earned. I brought in Matty James from Reading to serve as Bale's replacement and he is actually doing the biz there, so I am very happy with that.

Squad

tQFqw8r.jpg

YiqPsTv.jpg

The squad is largely bad....nah, it's brilliant, it's a Champions league winning side, what am I complaining about? Well, it's that our wingers sometimes go for a shot when a pass to Hughes would've been a better option! But, I won't let that get under skin, so let's talk about the squad. James is apparently not our first choice keeper, but it's Price, and at 17, he still has a lot of space to grow, so we are set for the future. The rest of the positions, we are largely robust, so we might not make a lot of changes in the summer next season.

Formation(s)

YI3IwLC.jpg

We're still going with the same 4-3-2-1, and a very good 4-3-2-1 as well. What I am talking about? You'll have to find out below..Mwahahaha.

League and Cup Results

Welsh Premier League

zumt2Vh.jpg

Another season where we finished perfectly, and yet again, between TNS and me, we have a goal difference of 104, it's too much. Also, one interesting thing to note that seems to have happened in the past seasons is that majority of the table are in negatives! I wonder who would have caused that? (*cough* Chris Hughes *cough*)

Premier League Cup

BTrnrlX.jpg

We won the Premier League cup for the 11th season in a row with another 3-0 victory over Conwy, smashing!

Welsh Cup

VFmG1Z6.jpg

The same tale happened in the final of the Welsh Cup as we beat Conwy again with a 3-0 scoreline. Chris Hughes scored two in both finals, coincidence? I think not.

European Super Cup

0Jc2FNp.jpg

We win the Super cup again with a 1-0 win over AS Monaco, this is a great result considering I was tinkering a bit with the player roles and I didn't really hit the ground running in the beginning.

Club World Championship

ZhItKJH.jpg

5-0 over Galaxy to get us the Club World Championship! Also, they lost two players in the process with a disallowed goal, how unfortunate.....really, I mean it, and no I didn't just say that because I won 5-0.

European Champion's League

naQoomH.jpg

YES MATE! 3RD CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND COUNTING. ALSO, CHRIS HUGHES GET'S HIS SECOND HAT-TRICK IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL, WHAT A BEAST! Also, this hat-trick holds something memorable for Chris Hughes and me, but you'll have to find out somewhere near the end of this post. They tried fighting back with a Hoffmann goal, but it was too late, the damage was already done in the first 60 minutes and we take a 3-1 win against Bayern.

Road to the Third Champion's League:

Group Stage

O13vvEZ.jpg

Top of the group! I would say this was a fairly easy one, but we just scraped through in many of the matches by one goal, so I really can't say that we stormed through this group, but it's a good achievement nevertheless.

Knockouts

kBbTqQE.jpg

We had PSG in the 1st knockout round, this was going to be pretty tough.....SIKE, we won 2-0 away from home in the first leg, and they took a beating, and by beating I mean a heavy beating at home, as we mauled them 5-0 to seal a fantastic 7-0 aggregate score. They couldn't even score a goal! A bit frustrating Chris Hughes didn't score in any of those two legs.

The Last 16

9x0Zf0u.jpg

In the quarters of the Champions League, we were drawn against Atletico, which again was another tough match, but we really showed how strong we were in this one. In the first leg, we edged them 1-0 to give us an advantage in the away leg, in before they smash us 5-0 like PSG. but nope. The second leg, we were losing 1-0, but extra time helped us draw 2-2 in a tense match to put us through to the semi-finals!

hGe2Fg2.jpg

Porto, I loathe Porto with a passion, they just maul me every time, but not today. In the first leg, we lost 3-2, but I knew we could at least fight back in the second leg, and fight back we did, a Matty James hat-trick and a David Thomas goal took Porto down, and we go through towatds the Champions League final against Bayern! Here goes nothing.

Star Performers and CHRIS HUGHES

Top Goal Scorer

1FztRuD.jpg

This has been one of the best seasons yet! Chris Hughes bangs in a 100 goals to get us 100 goals closer to the target! This might be possible! Also, the hat-trick verses Bayern actually got him the 100 goals, because he was on 97 before that match before a brilliant performance put him on a very good milestone, 100 goals. Put that on the FMHVibe Bulletin.

Top Assist Man

dxjSM01.jpg

Harry WIlson was our top assist-er for this season, and he put in some brilliant performances as well. So, the money I gave Liverpool for him was indeed money well spent.

Some Matches that Chris Hughes beasted in:

abN8MTS.jpg

I1P1YbR.jpg

9vIYYyv.jpg

P2ldJLJ.jpg

Manager

xakH9vi.jpg

E49AtjR.jpg

9000 points now and we're third in the hall of fame! I think we can reach the 12500 mark, but I might be too optimistic, who knows?

Squad Stats

Goals

6a8BGyJ.jpg

130 goals in total for the two players up top, James has really impressed for his first season at the club, and he's only 21 years old! 

Assists

MTvy480.jpg

69 goals created in total for both players that were on thew wings, so not only did Matty James score 30 goals in his first season, but he also assisted 31 goals in his debut season as well!

Average Rating

zz6f6es.jpg

Nor surprise that Chris Hughes is top of the line, he's been fantastic all season, as well as Matty James. Actually, everybody had a good season, so some very nice average ratings all around.

League Standards

V1uI9WR.jpg

The last time you saw the league standards, we were in 20th/19th place I believe? But now, we rose 5 places to be 15th place in the top 20 best leagues. We are definitely going on a steady increase now.

Anyways lads, that is all for today, comments and suggestions are always appreciated down below and as always, thanks for reading.

100!!!! What a season. 15th in the league standing as well. I wonder if you will be able to get it to No.1.

Are you able to attract big name players to your club? Who is the best player on the game atm?

Thanks Lian..

Kun, he's just a monster mate.

The best player in the game atm is Alvaro Torres from Real Madrid, I'm guessing he's a regen, but the best Welsh player is Matty James, who we currently have.