Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Challenge Cup 2015

samhardy

Interesting ;).

I went for this dude as I wanted a BMW solid enough to support the team. Couldn't attract Wanyama, Tiote or Yacob so gambled on this lad but he delivered.

lmctIyD.png

ZSfx4a7.png

I'm currently playing Joao Mario as a BWM, not a true one but he gets the job done. Surprisingly my starting 11 is pretty good but it's seems to get lots of draws.

I had the same views and problems with my team lol, had some injury issues in the second half which really didn't help!

Interesting ;).

I went for this dude as I wanted a BMW solid enough to support the team. Couldn't attract Wanyama, Tiote or Yacob so gambled on this lad but he delivered.

lmctIyD.png

ZSfx4a7.png

BMW you sure mate he looks like a human though!

It's clear to see MM stormed this! It's also great thinking to use this competition to post Iscouts as you're using players you wouldn't normally look at!

The old guard getting the job done ;).

Quarter Final Results

After a week and a bit to send in results, the quarter finals have concluded! Although I gave an extra couple of hours leeway, we received 6 out of 8 submissions. Which is still pretty good, all things considered. So without any further ado, the results!

Aston Villa

darril07 (172)
beat AventzgerYT (0)

West Ham

MerlionMaple96 (100)
beat JustM1kePlays (0)

Swansea

Ashez (132)
beat benjyotr1 (79)

West Brom

Scott (68)
beat danovic78 (57)

The old guard wins through, with Vibe veterans Ashez, Scott and MM96 all advancing! Joining them in the last four will be darril07.

Semi Final Draw

MM96 v darril07

In the first semi final MM looks to have drawn the easier path, avoiding Ashez and Scott. However, dark horse darril07 racked up a mammoth score in the quarter final and certainly won't roll over. I think he'll be quietly pleased with his opponent, especially if the challenge involves Real Madrid...My tip-MM by not much.

MM96 3/5
darril07 6/5

Ashez v Scott

In the second semi final it's a clash of the heavyweights. While Ashez eased past his quarter final, Scott struggled. However, FMH is a strange game. A lot depends on the challenge here, but I'm picking Ashez relatively comfortably.

Ashez 3/4
Scott 21/20

Championship Odds

Ashez 5/2
Scott 9/2
MM96 6/1
darril07 18/1

The bookies have installed Ashez as favourite to defend his title, and I have to say I agree with them (funny that, me and these bookies are pretty close :P). My dark horse is undoubtedly darril07, but can he overcome repeated CC failure MM? (:lol:) Who knows? But always remember, gamble responsibily. The challenges will be posted soon...

Shucks, I fell asleep. But even with that, i won't be close to darril07 score. Can't wait for the next cup. As for those remaining, GOODLUCK and may the odds be ever in your favor

That was probably the most entertaining CC reveal I've ever read haha. Pity Mike didn't finish playing as my score wasn't great lol XD Can't wait for the challenges to be up :)

That was probably the most entertaining CC reveal I've ever read haha. Pity Mike didn't finish playing as my score wasn't great lol XD Can't wait for the challenges to be up :)

Probably one of the only ones you've qualified from :P

OK, I'm stopping as I didn't even make the quarters :(

I think I've done it once before actually :P Maybe. Probably not. I really do suck at these usually. I mean, I had the second worst score in the opening round sooooo... -_-

I think I've done it once before actually :P Maybe. Probably not. I really do suck at these usually. I mean, I had the second worst score in the opening round sooooo... -_-

Unfortunately everyone who sent a result in qualified...

The worst feeling was when I got kicked out just by 6 points I could have put a bit more effort in there though. Well the only one from the group now remains is Ashez shame we didn't had anything in Germany though :P

The worst feeling was when I got kicked out just by 6 points I could have put a bit more effort in there though. Well the only one from the group now remains is Ashez shame we didn't had anything in Germany though :P

If only you'd survived this far...your wishes would be granted!

Had a feeling Ashez was going to kill me this round, good luck to you and other mate. Have to go with the favorite to win Team Ashez :)

I'll reveal my advantage now, nowhere in the rules does it state which DB to use, so after checking with the Sam I loaded the November database so I had Bony ;). I always say FMH has creative solutions if you think about it ;).

Loading November also meant I could loan a number of players not seen as first team at that point IRL and this was my XI

Fabianski

Dier - Zouma (from Jan) - Williams - random

My signing

Sigurdsson - Can

Benzia - Bony - Gomis

Challenge Cup Semi Finals

Selling Them Quickly

Challenge One-Real Madrid

Ashez v Scott

This one is relatively simple; play a season with Real Madrid using their famous BBC trio of Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo. There are no signings allowed, but there's one catch; you can't use any players from the first team squad at the start of the game but these three. That's right, it's Castilla you'll be turning to for players!

Challenge Two-Barcelona

MM96 v darril07

Same again except it's Messi, Suarez and Neymar who'll be helping the Barcelona B team to excel.

The Rules

1. No signings
2. Screenshots required of all team results as well as your three strikers' player history.
3. All players outside your striking trio must be demoted/sold and not used. And no re-promoting them and saying they're from Castilla/Barca B!
4. Remember to submit even if you're sacked, this isn't meant to be easy!
5. Own tactics only
6. Deadline is one week from now at midnight GMT on the 28th of June. Good luck!

Points System

League points
Goal difference
Points from CL group stage
2 points for each round passed in Spanish Cup/Super Cup
3 points for each knockout CL round passed
1 point for each knockout EL round passed
20 points for 1st in league, 19 for 2nd, etcetera...
1 point for every 2 goals your trio scores
1 point for every 4 goals your trio assists (these will be rounded)

:O I thought I was out that round, I had a terrible second half of the season :lol:

Wow, was closer than I thought. I had a terrible second half too. Hard challenge, good luck in the next round.