Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

5 minutes ago, zaangie said:

@Ashez yes, I have 2 accounts, mine and my gf's and we have different save files for every game. Didn't test it with Pokémon but I guess it's the same. We have both online service with seperate cloud

Talking about Colosseum. That was amazing game. I wish they kept doing that kind of games. 

That's pretty awesome then :D. I have three accounts (UK, US, Japanese) but I've never played as one the other accounts as they're mostly for each regions eshop. But being able to replay Pokemon games by making new accounts is awesome. 

I had a love/hate relationship with Colosseum tbh, I know it's decent but very slow paced iirc, grinding the 100 battles to unlock Ho-Ho was brutal though. I never did play the sequel though. 

I know I started the sequel and enjoying it but didn't finished so I don't remember very well. But it's the kind of games that works well as spin offs. It would be awesome on the Switch. 

5 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I know I started the sequel and enjoying it but didn't finished so I don't remember very well. But it's the kind of games that works well as spin offs. It would be awesome on the Switch. 

Not sure it's as needed now Pokemon will only be a console game tbf, my favourite spin off is Pokemon Conquest and I want that but mixed with Fire Emblem as a dream game. 

29 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Never tried Conquest and I feel ashamed because I like Pokémon and I like Samurai Warriors. Didn't have DS back in the day. 

I really enjoyed what I played of it, iirc I beat the story but didn't do the extras. I'll admit I nothing about the Samurai Warriors series but it's obviously close to Fire Emblem so a Fire Emblem X Pokemon would just be amazing 

45 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Oh well, CTR and Marvel's exclusive (Koei is one of the developers) are coming to switch. Rip my wallet, I still need to buy Smash :(

I've never played either of those games/franchises but CTR has always looked good as have the Marvel games. The Marvel trailer looked pretty neat tbf! 

I liked the fact the Smash reveal was massive and a surprise but I know absolutely nothing about those games so it's not something I can get excited about but I know how big they are. 

I played CTR for so many years with some friends. In the summer when the weather was bad to go to the beach we went to someone's house to play CTR 😂😂 it's gonna be day one for me. I hope it gets crossplay. 

I want to see more fo the new Marvel. From the trailer it looked like it has some Warriors components, so I'll be interested ofc 😁

13 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I played CTR for so many years with some friends. In the summer when the weather was bad to go to the beach we went to someone's house to play CTR 😂😂 it's gonna be day one for me. I hope it gets crossplay. 

I want to see more fo the new Marvel. From the trailer it looked like it has some Warriors components, so I'll be interested ofc 😁

I'm in desperate need of multiplayer games (with strong single player) on Switch tbf as I only really have MK8 and Fifa 18 so I'm very interested in CTR as I've always heard it was a very good part racer similar to Diddy Kong Racing which is one my favourites. 

Never tried Diddy Kong but 8 actually prefer CTR to MK. It's more skill based. The remake is gonna have new characters and tracks and that's awesome. Can't wait to play it. 

I was actually quite a big fan of Pokémon Colosseum I also had XD: Gale of Darkness as for Colosseum I completed that a few years ago I tried to 100% it but it got a little tedious trying to catch and purify all the shadow Pokémon.

I've been playing more Pokémon and I've decided as the game is pretty easy instead of making a really strong team I'm going to use Pokémon I like, starting of with Hitmonlee that I got from Saffron City for beating the fighting dojo. Hitmonlee is one of my favourite Pokémon and throughout the many saves I've had playing through gen 1 I've never picked Hitmonchan over him.

Got the Poke Flute and woke up Snorlax unlike other Pokémon you encounter you try to catch them with Snorlax you have to fight him, beat him, then try to catch him and because you only have a certain amount of time to beat him I ran out of time and he fled. I had no Pokémon that was super effective against him so every time I lowered his health he used rest and fully healed himself.

20 hours ago, Ashez said:

I'm in desperate need of multiplayer games

What about Splatoon 2? I have it and it's quite a fun game but I need to be in the mood for it so there is times I can go months and months without playing it and other times I'll play it for a whole weekend.

Quite a few games on the switch are single player but have at least some form of online. Pokémon let's go you can battle online, Mario Odyssey has a game mode called balloon world where you place a balloon in a kingdom and people playing the game look for it and vice versa, so you look for theirs. Dark Souls obviously has the co-op feature allowing you to help each other beat the bosses.

Edited by Westside
13 hours ago, zaangie said:

Never tried Diddy Kong but 8 actually prefer CTR to MK. It's more skill based. The remake is gonna have new characters and tracks and that's awesome. Can't wait to play it. 

I've heard a few people say that over the years, so I'm looking forward to checking it out :D

41 minutes ago, Westside said:

shadow Pokémon.

Cool concept but too limiting and long winded iirc. That game made me love Umbreon, Espeon and Jumpluff though haha. Mayor B was ace as well

43 minutes ago, Westside said:

Hitmonlee

Lee over Chan for sure, I dunno if I ever used him though. 

1 hour ago, Westside said:

multiplayer

I was thinking more couch co-op tbf. It doesn't help my two brothers are fussy though and will only play certain things lol. 

Splatoon 2?

Had first and it was fun but I never found myself playing it. 

Pokémon let's go

I do get into Pokemon battling now and then tbf. 

balloon world

Played it a little bit but it's meh lol

6 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

One of my mates from work also swears by CTR so deffo going to give that a go.

By CTR do you all mean Crash Team Racing? If so then I’d just like to say that the original game on the PS was excellent. Crash is one of favourite series actually 

49 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

By CTR do you all mean Crash Team Racing? If so then I’d just like to say that the original game on the PS was excellent. Crash is one of favourite series actually 

Yeah, a remake was announced Thursday @Nucleus

Believe it's coming to everything. 

Crash wise I've played a GC one and a GBA one but I think I played the first. If not hopefully I'll get the trilogy on the 25th

56 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

One of my mates from work also swears by CTR so deffo going to give that a go.

It seems a very common view tbf. 

Any one excited about the Sonic kart racer? I had it on WiiU but hardly played it due to MK8 and getting it at a stupid time. 

I am intrigued to see what the Sonic one is like. I love a good arcade racer and those all fit in. I don’t much love the realistic ones. I’d love for a new Ridge Racer or Daytona too.

1 hour ago, Rob2017 said:

I am intrigued to see what the Sonic one is like. I love a good arcade racer and those all fit in. I don’t much love the realistic ones. I’d love for a new Ridge Racer or Daytona too.

I've often wanted to try others yet I've always assumed many wouldn't compare to MK, especially as a lot of trash kart racers release like Cartoon Network ones or whatever. Apparently the candy based one on Switch is meant to be okay though, however with MK, Crash and Sega in the mix do we need others lol. 

Back on the  GameCube I loved racing games, especially Need For Speed Underground 1+2 and Most Wanted. I've never had anything scratch an itch like those, especially Most Wanted. I tried the next in the series (Undercover??) and it just didn't compare. 

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've often wanted to try others yet I've always assumed many wouldn't compare to MK, especially as a lot of trash kart racers release like Cartoon Network ones or whatever. Apparently the candy based one on Switch is meant to be okay though, however with MK, Crash and Sega in the mix do we need others lol. 

Back on the  GameCube I loved racing games, especially Need For Speed Underground 1+2 and Most Wanted. I've never had anything scratch an itch like those, especially Most Wanted. I tried the next in the series (Undercover??) and it just didn't compare. 

Oh god Most Wanted was a sick game, Underground 2 was decent too. I’ve grown out of Racing games now to be honest as theyre all mostly generic these days. I got Forza 5? on the Xbox for free through games with gold and even though it’s a beautiful game graphics wise it just doesn’t do it for me 

6 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

That’s why I want the arcade style ones. Get a good slightly unrealistic race and I will sign up to it.

Were you a fan of Road Rash? 😛 best motorcycle game to ever exist

4559151A-0BA1-42E5-9C50-7E3D34FE6222.gif.047e39fa0de33d8d174d3e42e6713a1a.gif

36 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Oh god Most Wanted was a sick game, Underground 2 was decent too. I’ve grown out of Racing games now to be honest as theyre all mostly generic these days. I got Forza 5? on the Xbox for free through games with gold and even though it’s a beautiful game graphics wise it just doesn’t do it for me 

Yeah I'm not sure if I've grown out of them or just lost interest in them lol. They're a genre I'll very rarely look at how a days. 

26 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Were you a fan of Road Rash? 😛 best motorcycle game to ever exist

4559151A-0BA1-42E5-9C50-7E3D34FE6222.gif.047e39fa0de33d8d174d3e42e6713a1a.gif

Seen the newish take on this? 

Trailer looks awesome but reviews say otherwise lol. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yeah I'm not sure if I've grown out of them or just lost interest in them lol. They're a genre I'll very rarely look at how a days. 

Seen the newish take on this? 

Trailer looks awesome but reviews say otherwise lol. 

Looks decent that!

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Great game that back in the day.

Certainly was!

I would love for the formula 1 games to come to the switch I recently bought f1 2016 on my tablet for £2, it's not too bad actually graphics are amazing just the controls are sometimes hard to control. Other than Mario kart I don't have any racing games would love more on the switch.

It'll be interesting to see if those rumours of Retro Studios working on a Star Fox racer are true or not. 

In the N64 days I loved MK, Diddy Kong Racing and F zero X as solid multiplayer racers. 

Japanese Dragon Quest XI Switch trailer!

It's not the PS4 version apparently and damn it looks good! I hope it's localised in 2019 as well as I want it so bad lol, the second the theme hits ahhhh!! 

An update on my Pokémon Let's Go save:

Defeated all the gym leaders and the Elite Four so I'm now the proud Pokémon champion of Kanto, I'm going to defeat all the gym leaders again including Blue who is now the 8th gym leader taking over from Giovanni. Master trainers are now in the game as well so once you defeat the elite four you can battle trainers who have a level 100 of a certain Pokémon in the game. My next task is to catch Mewtwo and Moltres (who I forgot where to find, I have Articuno and Zapdos) Once I've done all of that, I'm going to start a save using only Alolan Pokémon, should be more of a challenge. The team I used to defeat the Elite Four and have been using since around the 5th gym is:

Pikachu

Hitmonlee

Poliwrath

Aerodactyl

Nidoking

Kabutops

How have you been getting on with the game @zaangie

I remember seeing a trailer for the Dragon Quest game a few years ago looks so good if they English dub the game I'll definitely buy it as I want a open world game already played and completed BOTW so don't want that, Saints Row the third is an open world game but not sure when that's coming out, anyway what games have you been playing recently then? @Ashez

Edited by Westside

That's a nice team @Westside! Not sure I've ever used any of those but Nidoking. The Alolan idea is awesome as well! I'm watching Let's Go Speed run practice atm haha.

I'm unsure if I'm getting Pokemon or Smash for Xmas as yet but hopefully one of them, the missus said she went to get Pokemon and saw there was two versions and as she didn't know which to get she got neither lol. So we'll see, I have heard of two Switch games I am getting though but I'll keep them a surprise for now 😛

Playing wise I've not got around to much and only been on the Switch for MK8D with family unfortunately. I have however finished my X Mono type run and write up which I'll post in my monthly update. 

As for Dragon Quest it's easily one of my favourite series so I'm so excited for it to come to the Switch but it's one I'll attempt to go into pretty blind. I'm also hyped for DW builders 2. 2019 could be an excellent switch year for me with Pokemon, Fire Emblem and DQ. 

I forgot all about Saints Row but I know nothing about it either tbf. Have you considered LA Noire? It's pretty decent open world but it has some issues but I enjoyed it, a bonus is it's dirt cheap atm for example it's only £13 at Argos!

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7594313

For under £20 it's likely worth a look at imo. 

Edited by Ashez