Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

My lad had Lego City Undercover on the Xbox One...he said it was brilliant.

I tend to take it as a pinch of salt when he tells me a game is good as he is a big Farming Simulator fan....don't ask ?

Edited by Acidsparxx
12 hours ago, Acidsparxx said:

My lad had Lego City Undercover on the Xbox One...he said it was brilliant.

I tend to take it as a pinch of salt when he tells me a game is good as he is a big Farming Simulator fan....don't ask ?

It just tickles me lol. In the spoiler is a cut scene from an early chapter and the chapter is all based on this film. The gameplay is your typical lego stuff but so far the story/reference stuff has been excellent. Time will tell if it can continue to deliver. @Acidsparxx

Spoiler

2 hours ago, zaangie said:

It seems that Switch will get a FM version. What do you guys think? I had so much fun in PSP days. 

I decided this news was worth it's own thread 

Update time as why not! I've held off a little bit so I have plenty to say this time haha. 

3DS

I decided to play Code Name Steam which I think I said I was debating a while back but I've now finished it. Firstly the art style and music really appealed as imo the comic book type design helped make the game unique and at times the music reminded me of Batman Beyond. Then you come to the gameplay which is a real mixed bag in truth as it can be incredibly frustrating! For those who don't know it's a turn based strategy shooter made by Intelligent Systems from Fire Emblem fame, in this game you move around the level with no map to take out aliens while playing as characters from literature like the Wizard Of Oz crowd with Abraham Lincoln leading the organisation. Having no map is one area of frustration as you can easily forget which direction you should be going in or walk into traps set by the AI, admittedly though I think not knowing where the enemy are was a cool concept but at times it could be unfair. However this fell apart for me in the fact you can't take your time on missions as the AI will constantly spawn reinforcements, I assume it's an attempt to keep you moving forward but it got really annoying in the late game. Another frustration was the aliens have weak spots you can hit for big damage, however the AI animations are always moving and it's manual aiming so actually hitting the target area was a pain! The difficulty was one thing that stood out from the reviews at the time but I never saw it as that bad, there were one or two levels that felt like total BS granted but most were trail and error for me but that did begin to suck as the chapters are pretty lengthy/boring. I'm completely mixed on this game as there is something there but it fails to stick the landing, unfortunately for a new Nintendo IP it bombed hard so I doubt we'll get a sequel which could address the issues. In the end I'm happy I played it and saw it through to the end but it's not something I'd play again, a decent 6/10. 

Detective Pikachu Demo

This looks really good on the 3DS and a new take on Pokemon is really cool but the point and click adventure game style just isn't for me. I've never liked those games so I didn't expect this to change my opinion but I'm glad there was a demo to check out at least. It's a shame I couldn't embrace it as I did enjoy all the Pokemon elements. 

Switch

I finished Lego City which was just a good time in general, unfortunately the references weren't as good as the ones in the start but it was enjoyable enough with plenty of laughs throughout. The open world was a tad bland as I rarely found much to do a part from going mission to mission but the story mode was decent enough to keep me playing, admittedly though the Lego game formula got a bit bland towards the end but new abilities and stuff tried to switch it up. My play through lasted around the 10-15 hour mark and by then I was ready for the adventure to end, however I imagine kids could get more out of the open world. It's kind of like a Pixar film where it's intended for kids but there is enough there to get adults attention. 

Darkest Dungeon....I'm in awe of this game, I'm deeply in love with this game, when I'm not playing it i'm thinking about playing it, this game is completely under my skin at the moment! The art style, music and voice acting is incredible and it just speaks to me, it's dark, it's gritty, it's stressful and it's just amazing! The game is a rogue like dungeon crawler where you take your party through levels and face the monsters within, if a character dies they're gone forever and that sort of stuff but you keep your progress. As well as a health bar you also have a stress meter and as your characters get stressed they can earn negative quirks which can completely screw you over, they can also pick up diseases and other quirks of a positive/negative nature so there is a lot to manage and contend with. Gold can thankfully fix stress, remove some quirks and diseases and be used to upgrade your characters but it all comes down to gold management and what risks you are willing to take! As I got the physical release I also have the DLC (there are two versions on the eshop, one with the DLC and one without) so I have vampires in my estate and the curse can be spread at any time! To feed the curse you need to collect blood on missions, however going after the blood could lead to more of your roaster being infected, however they can also die from the thirst! There is so much going on with this game I don't even know how to explain it! This game isn't for everyone but those who can get behind it will fall in love, I'm sure of it! I'd highly recommend watching some gameplay of it on YouTube! 

Those are the first two cut scenes, no lie I got bloody goose bumps watching it back now! It's just epic! This is now firmly alongside BOTW, Mario Od and MK8D for me as must owns! My only real complaint about the game is the controls took some getting used to but now they're second nature to me. I'm like 30 hours in and I'm desperate to continue playing, that rarely happens to me! Seriously check it out! 

Pick Ups

Only two new games since my last update and both came this weekend! I received my physical copy of Steamworld Dig 2 yesterday and today I got LA Noire. I saw it new for £23 which seemed a decent price and I'm intending to play it as soon as I can drag myself away from Darkest Dungeon. As for Preorders I have none atm as nothing is screaming out to me so I'm saving for after E3. Donkey Kong and Hyrule Warriors are the next two big releases but as I've got and played them both on WiiU I'll be giving them a miss. Skyrim and Doom are the two I'm actively looking for deals on but both are holding their value for now.

Pokemon reveals

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

Appears a spin off but the trailer hit me in the feels lol, waiting to look into it more atm as it's a spin off by the looks of it and with the news revealed later. 

Pokemon Quest

A free to start mobile game on Switch and phones. 

Pokemon Core RPG coming late 2019. 

Views lads?

Waiting for news about Go in E3. Liked the trailer but I need to know more about the content of the game to decide if I buy or not. 

Not interest in Quest. 

About the main game. They're working on it since the switch was release so the hype is big because they have a lot of time to make a great game. 

7 hours ago, zaangie said:

Waiting for news about Go in E3. Liked the trailer but I need to know more about the content of the game to decide if I buy or not. 

Not interest in Quest. 

About the main game. They're working on it since the switch was release so the hype is big because they have a lot of time to make a great game. 

Same here, I like the look of the game but I'm worried about the removal of random encounters. Go isn't needed to enjoy the game apparently which is a relief as that's never appealed to me but I want to see more. The chance to go back to Gen 1 is exciting though! 

I've downloaded it so I might try it. 

Yeah I'll be all in on a mainline game next year but I am disappointed it's not coming this year but that's because two of my most wanted RPGs are now 2019 (Dragon Quest, Pokemon). I tell you now Fire Emblem best be at E3!

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

Same here, I like the look of the game but I'm worried about the removal of random encounters. Go isn't needed to enjoy the game apparently which is a relief as that's never appealed to me but I want to see more. The chance to go back to Gen 1 is exciting though! 

I've downloaded it so I might try it. 

Yeah I'll be all in on a mainline game next year but I am disappointed it's not coming this year but that's because two of my most wanted RPGs are now 2019 (Dragon Quest, Pokemon). I tell you now Fire Emblem best be at E3!

The game is aiming for more chill and casual gamers. It's not for competitive gamers. We'll probably see more at E3. 

I understand the disappointment but 7th Gen was released 1 and half year ago and a "sequel" half a year ago. 

Saw some leaks and we'll probably have a new Fire Emblem at E3. 

Yeah, I see why they made the move and I'm glad they announced a proper Pokemon is coming next year. I'm incredibly interested in let's go but I want to see more which will likely be during the Tree house. 

I loved Moon so I can't complain, Ultra Sun was kinda meh but mainly because it was so similar and released so soon after the originals, fantastic games but it dragged at times on the second play through. Just thought of Pokemon, Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem was my Switch year 2 sorted but now two of them have slipped into 2019 lol.

Fire Emblem was stated for release this year but we've had no info in ages, with Smash likely September and Pokemon in November I'm hoping for an October release but I could see it being December, either way I'm expecting Pokemon and FE back to back I guess. 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

@Real_Random it appears Fifa sold well enough for 2019 to release, still no frostbite engine but they'll add improvements

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/05/ea_says_fifa_19_on_switch_will_build_upon_its_custom_engine_to_improve_graphics

Also what did you think of Tropical Freeze?

I'm still playing tropical freeze but I'm enjoying it more than I did on Wii u 

31 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I'm still playing tropical freeze but I'm enjoying it more than I did on Wii u 

Interesting, it's one I want to go back to as I don't think I gave it a fair shot. Since my last update I've played four games and I've gone back to Darkest Dungeon so I'll likely write about them when I cba 😛

As E3 has started and Nintendo's presentation is almost here I thought I best get some opinions out of the way on what I've been playing. 

Switch 

1. LA Noire - I finished it a few weeks back now and it's a solid enough game but boy does it have issues imo. I loved the first 10 hours or so but the final 12-15 hours really dragged! My issues started with the first homicide cases as I know they were all linked story wise but it resulted in incredibly repetitive game play which continued for most of the game, the levels being find the body, examine the same three spots on it, find the evidence, find a phone to find a location and drive to location just became a total chore for me. The cases especially for Vice needed some more variety to keep them interesting and unique but it never happened. The open world was also unneeded imo, driving around just wasn't fun for me and I think it would have worked better being level based, sure you could skip the driving sections but I tried not to do it as it felt like I was missing out/sort changing myself, the gun fight gameplay was also hit and miss. The story however was excellent and the reason I pushed on but unfortunately I figured out the homicide cases early on and I'm not sure the two big twists worked? The one before the arson cases just felt so out of left field? I'm also unsure if I think they nailed the landing on the ending but I know what they were going for. I probably sound negative on the game but I'm not, it just failed in same areas and relied on its story to carry it. 

2. Sushi Striker Demo - What a wild and wacky ride this was! It's totally bizarre and aware of that which makes it incredibly charming lol. I'm not into puzzle games so I won't be buying it but the demo is worth the hour imo. 

3. Mario Tennis Demo - I really enjoyed it more than I expected as it's tight and fun gameplay, however I completely and utterly suck at it! Will I pick it up? I'm unsure as I want to see more of the single player and what's releasing in the coming months but the demo did it's job and peaked my interest. 

4. Batman Telltale - The worst game on the Switch I've played, it's a buggy mess and I regret buying it! For anyone who's seen my previous mentions there is a save bug and unfortunately the game crashes often! However I love what the game is attempting to do so I decided to watch the trouble chapter (C3) on YouTube so I could continue on with C4. All was going swimmingly as C4 once again had me hooked then a hour in boom, crash and save lost! I've spent 4 hours trying to see this game through but it's impossible! I'm refusing to give it another chance as I'm wasting hours at a time trying to play the level in on go to avoid the save issue but the crashes make it impossible! I can't believe the game hasn't been patched and due to this I'll never buy a telltale game again which sucks as they're good games! 

5. Darkest Dungeon - Oh I love this bloody game! I raved about it in my previous update but that love is still strong! I'm 50 hours in and still addicted with no intentions of putting it down! I've beaten 2/3 of the DLC bosses but I'm still a tad scared to go for the regular main boss dungeons even though I'm prepared enough haha. I'm just taking my time and loving every second, like Zelda BOTW I don't want this journey to end yet! Seriously look into it! 

GameCube

I've finally set my TV up so I've got my consoles ready to go again at last! The WiiU, Wii (Gamecube), Snes classic, 360 and N64 are in that room now so all is fun! However the reason I went to GC games is because I picked up a Wii2HDMI device thing for like £3 and it does a brilliant job. For GC it gives a smaller picture but it's a lot crisper and nicer on the eyes compared to composite, I've not tried it as yet with a Wii game however as I'm not really set up for the sensor bar as yet. 

1. GUN - It was released on all systems I think and I'd previously played it on the PSP so this was my first console play through. I'll admit my nostalgia goggles were on the entire time of the 4 hour play through of the story but I enjoyed it, yeah it's jankey but it's fun! Red Dead Redemption blows it out the water as a western game but the 4 hour play time goes in GUN's favour. 

2. 007 Nightfire - I used to love the old James Bond games so I decided to give Nightfire another play through as I've not played it in years. It's crazy how far first person shooters have come and at how 007 is treated in this game regarding women, this surely wouldn't fly now as it's incredibly cringey! I think I'm about half way through if memory serves me right so I'll finish it at some point. The vehicle levels are still a massive highlight as they're simply joyous!

Mobile 

1. YuGiOh Duel Links- Nothing major but I did invest a decent amount of time into the recent world championships where i got to around level 20. Unfortunately at that level the Aromage deck I'd built and loved using stopped being effective and I couldn't be arsed to build something else. 

2. FMM - I'm back baby! That's all I'll say. 

Recent Pick Ups

Pitfall The Big Adventure (Wii), Red Steel (Wii), Destroy all Humans (Wii), Legends Of Oz (3DS), Battles Of Prince Of Persia (DS) all for £7. I can't remember if I mentioned it last time but I also grabbed a physical copy of SteamWorld Dig 2. 

Debating

Owlboy and Max Curse of the brotherhood are two Switch games I can't make my mind up on. Both are around £20 each physical but both are short so I'm waiting to see what E3 brings in the coming months, if nothing of interest I'll likely buy these. 

Now bring on E3! I'll be back posting my views and opinions tomorrow night! Smash is almost here!!! Fire Emblem news should be here!! Dragon Quest news potentially tonight?! Pokemon news guarented! Bring on the direct and treehouse!

Pre Nintendo Direct Announcements

1. Bethesda - I can't say the two mobile games they announced really appealed. 

2. Square Enix - While they didn't cover the Switch version Dragon Quest XI looks incredible! I can't wait for this! Disappointed to see no DQ builders 2 though. 

3. Devolver Digital - The 2D shooter they announced looked somewhat interesting 

4. Ubisoft - It's hilarious that a Wii and WiiU game were announced in Just Dance. I have no interest in the Trials bike game. The Mario + Rabbid's Donkey Kong DLC looks legit, I'm all in for this as I love the base game. Star Link has really caught my attention and the addition of Star Fox is awesome, I want to see more and see how important the toys are as that's not really of interest. 

5. Crash Bandicoot - An extra level of something? I'll admit I don't know the details as I'm still on the fence about it I want to get it. 

6. Limited Run Games - The press conference was awful, the sound mixing was embarrassing and the style they went for flopped massively. However they announced three games I really wanted physical releases of in Oceanhorn, Yooka-Laylee and Golf Story, I'm torn however as it's £12 postage for each game to the UK. Knowing this is the only chance to get them has me feeling very uneasy. 

I have to admit for the first time I'm somewhat nervous about the Switches third party support as we didn't get as much as I hoped, even Ubisoft isn't releasing much on the system which is what I expected. Hopefully some will be revealed in Nintendo's event tonight! 

The Direct was weak, gave me a massive disappointment and showed too much Smash. I'll give my views after some more of the Treehouse. 

E3 Thoughts

I love Smash in many ways but I'm also not super invested in the game so I was disappointed to see so much time devoted to the game. With Zelda/Mario it made sense to showcase them as they did in the previous years but I was getting sick of seeing Smash by the end of E3 as Smash is Smash. Most of the direct was Smash and it was on the tree house constantly which imo made it the weakest tree house yet. Smash does look awesome and I'm delighted all the characters are returning but I didn't need to see all they showed. 

It was interesting that the 3DS had zero announcements and while I love the 3ds I think that's a good move as now is time to transition to Switch only. Anything announced would have annoyed me if it was 3DS only so I'm glad we avoided that situation. 

The Games

Daemon X Machina - I've not watched the tree house segment on it yet but mech games aren't really my jam, the art style is interesting though. 

Fire Emblem - Hype levels went through the roof then they showed yet it's a year away which utterly sucks. 

Xenoblade DLC - Xenoblade intimidated me. 

Mario Party - I'm very interested in this but I missed both tree house segments so I'm waiting for them to be on YT. From the little I've seen it looks like a proper Mario Party so I'm interested yet I'm not sure how practical it is for me since I have no-one to reliably play with. 

Hollow Knight - It looks incredible but rumours of a physical release so I'm holding out

Fortnight - Downloaded it but not played it yet, I am interested to see if it's worth the hype. 

Overcooked/Killer Queen Black - Not for me

Pokemon - The tree house sold me on this so I'll be picking up the Pikachu version, if the starter could evolve I'd be going Eevee though as I love Jolteon. Mew locked behind a £50 pay wall sucks balls though! I'm still unsure on the catching stuff but nostalgia wins out with this one. 

Octopath - I didn't like the first demo but I might try the second one. 

Star Link - The Tree House made this look really cool and Fox is an ace addition but it's an expensive set for more plastic crap. 

Dragon Ball Z - Looked good when it launched on other systems but it's a fighting game so yeah. 

Smash - Loving the Zelda series changes, delighted Wolf is back as he was my main on Brawl and there seems to be a lot of cool changes. However the lack of single player information is a sticking point. Not a fan of how Ridley looks in game but his amiibo is ace! 

Arena of Valor - Never played a Moba. 

The World Ends With You - Not sure if I'm interested or not, it's a pretty rare DS game I never found though so it's one I don't know much about. 

Wasteland 2 - I missed this completely so I have no idea what it is. 

Splatoon DLC - Looks interesting but still not got around to getting the base game. 

Mario + Rabbids DLC - 100% sold

Sonic Team Racing - It's a fun series but on the WiiU it never dragged me away from MK8D as my kart racer of choice. 

Yoshi Delay - Not surprised but I could have done with it this year as not much else is screaming out at me. 

That basically seems most of the big announcements but all in all a pretty poor showing for me, the second FE was delayed I was worried as that's that, a proper Pokemon and DQXI not coming this year when I hoped for at least one of them. I'll have things to play so I'm not worried but this E3 fell flat for me, mainly because Smash just sucked all the energy away. Hopefully we have a new direct in a few months like normal to showcase some more as Smash was always going to suffocate any reveals. 

I enjoyed Nintendo's E3 although I agree with you about showing to much Smash. 

Pretty sure they gonna do some directs in the next couple of weeks or months so I'm not worried. 

I'm going for Pokémon Eevee and I'm sure that starters don't evolve. 

Super Mario Party looks awesome. Gonna buy for sure. It has online but I think it's just for mini games. 

I agree with pretty much everything @Ashez says, especially the delay of Yoshi, which Ninty tried to sweep under the carpet like a politician answering a question on climate change. If you ain’t in to Smash then this ain’t your year unless Sonic Racers has an awesome single player mode.

We are in desperate need of a company ala Rare of the nineties to step up and become a developer to rival Nintendo on their own system and fill those gaps.

On 17/06/2018 at 11:33, zaangie said:

I enjoyed Nintendo's E3 although I agree with you about showing to much Smash. 

Pretty sure they gonna do some directs in the next couple of weeks or months so I'm not worried. 

I'm going for Pokémon Eevee and I'm sure that starters don't evolve. 

Super Mario Party looks awesome. Gonna buy for sure. It has online but I think it's just for mini games. 

Yeah hopefully we get a direct around August/September. 

Yeah it's confirmed the starters don't evolve so Pikachu>Eevee anyday. 

Yeah I've caught up with the free house on MP and it looks old school :D. I loved MP4 on the GC. 

1 hour ago, Rob2017 said:

I agree with pretty much everything @Ashez says, especially the delay of Yoshi, which Ninty tried to sweep under the carpet like a politician answering a question on climate change. If you ain’t in to Smash then this ain’t your year unless Sonic Racers has an awesome single player mode.

We are in desperate need of a company ala Rare of the nineties to step up and become a developer to rival Nintendo on their own system and fill those gaps.

Oddly Yoshi games have a history of being delayed but Nintendo might have pushed it back as Donkey Kong is still selling well and they don't really need two 2D platformers out. 

Rare and the N64 were good times that's for sure. 

My potential list is pretty bare for the summer though tbf. 

June - M+R DLC & maybe Crash but doubt it

July - Nothing of interest

August - Potentially Yooka-Laylee from limited run games which is fitting since Rare were brought up. Dead Cells is another rogue like game I'm considering though. 

September - Nothing

October - Star Link releases but I don't see myself buying it. 

November - Pokemon

December - Smash

Ys XIII looks interesting after the reviews dropped today, it's the type of game I'd love Xenoblade to be as it's got more involved combat and fun looking exploration. It's one I'll be keeping an eye on for sure!

What I've Been Playing

It's a new month so it's update time, like I've said before I do this more for myself but if anyone finds it interesting so be it :p. I've played a lot of demos recently as it's a good time kill inbetween the World Cup fixtures but I've also got back into some handheld GBA/DS games as again they're good during the less interesting football matches. 

Switch

Fortnite - I played two matches and I just wondered around being pretty bored tbh, I did get a kill before i was killed though which was good lol. I can however see why this game is so hyped, especially in friend groups as the art style is wonderful and the gameplay seemed solid. As I have no one to play with the interest is instantly lowered alongside the fact I cba to dump enough time into the game to get good enough to be fun playing by myself. I have kept it downloaded though so I might keep at it. 

Darkest Dungeon - I'll be brief but I can't talk about this game enough, I've recently broken the 60 hour mark while making solid progress. I have a few standard bosses left, two I think while I also have one DLC boss remaining and two levels of the final area to conquer. A new area DLC was just released for PC so I can't wait for that to hit consoles, this game is just amazing. 

Urban Trial Playground Demo - I played it for like three minutes, not for me at all. I've never saw the appeal in this type of game but my little brother enjoys them. 

Captain Toad demo - A very charming game and it's pretty fun but it's a puzzle game with slow paced platforming. It's cool but I don't see myself ever investing the time into it to be worth buying. Puzzle and point and click games are generally not for me tbh. 

Shining Resonance Refrain Demo - This is pretty interesting tbf, I've never played a game in the Shining series but this really caught my attention. The combat is similar to the Warriors games but it seems to be a story driven RPG, that however is my main concern as the demo didn't contain that much game play but a lot of story so it's hard to call, however it has awesome looking dragons which grabs my attention. @zaangie have you tried this? I seem to recall you love the Warriors games so maybe give the demo a shot. 

Portal Knights Demo - I almost bought this a few months ago as it's a pretty cheap physical release, i didn't however as it's release day was the same day as Dragon Quest Builders. That's pretty funny considering Portal Knights is very DQB in how it handles itself in that more story driven Minecraft like RPG type arena. The gameplay was fun and the combat was potentially better than DQB but I think this is pushed more as an online experience, it's one I want to look into more but with DQB2 coming at some point I doubt I will. 

GameCube

007 Nightfire - Still chipping at this now and then but I'm near the end with three levels remaining. I've really enjoyed going back to these old Bond games as they're still a lot of fun and you don't get shooters like this anymore, however the Nightfire submarine level can go to hell. 

DS

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon - I first played this like eight years ago but I couldn't remember any of it and I've wanted to replay it for a while, as the Switch FE was delayed I decided now was the time. For those who don't know this is a remake of the original FE released in Japan and unfortunately it's pretty bland which explains why I remembered so little, the gameplay is solid but the story and visuals are meh. As remakes go Echoes is one million times better. This game also gets challenging fast with the AI having good weapons early on but it's very beatable and fairly breakable in the later chapters as you have a teleport spell so you can just teleport your top guy to the boss and wipe the floor with him lol. I only allowed myself to do that on the final level as things weren't going well and I didn't want to restart lol. 

GBA

Van Helsing - This top down beat em up is a game I had as a kid, I think I bought it on holiday actually as I love the film. Oddly I have no fond memories of it however and it turns out that's for good reason as this game sucks, like it's really awful. It's just an unfair button masher that gets incredibly frustrating fast. I'll never touch this game again. 

Lion King 1 1\2 - One of my all time favourite games is Lion King on the SNES which is a really fun platformer that I've never finished legitly as the third last level has so much SNES era bullshit. However it's a game I adore and one I play pretty often just for how fun it is so when I heard about a GBA Lion King I had to pick it up. Thankfully I got it cheap in a lot including a few GBA games with Go! Go! Beckham being the eye catching one, yes that's a David Beckham platformer! I've not tried it as yet though. Anyway this game is based on the third lion king film as you play as Timon and Pumba in basic puzzle platformer and tbh it's pretty decent, don't get me wrong it's nothing mind blowing but it's a good time, it also has some auto runner levels which I really enjoyed. It's a short play through as it's pretty easy apart from one level towards the end but I beat it in around ninety minutes. 

Pick Ups

Wii

Alien Syndrome - A top down shooter by Sega, I know little about it but it was £0.75p. 

Battalion Wars 2 - A strategy army game but you also play as the soldiers, this looks super cool. £0.75

GameCube

GoldenEye Rogue Agent - Continuing the James Bond love I've picked up Rogue Agent, I had it on the PS2 and I remember loving it so I'll get to it soon. £2.50

Prince Of Persia Warrior Within - I want to get into this series so I picked it up, I believe it's the second of the trilogy however so I need to pick up the first soon. I vaguely remember playing the first on the PSP but I could be mistaken. £2.00

Switch 

OwlBoy - Finally pulled the trigger and got a physical copy for £20.50, it only arrived yesterday but I've not got around to it as yet. I do intend to fire it up tonight though. Expect this to be in my next update but the box art is beautiful!

@Real_Random - Wolfenstein any good? Seen it's reviewed well and the trailers look fantastically insane tbf. 

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

One of my all time favourite games is Lion King on the SNES

I vaguely remember playing this on the sega mega drive 2 as a kid. One of my all time favourites at that age and it was a very tough play through! The second level with the monkey throwing puzzle thing remains in the memory 

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

I vaguely remember playing this on the sega mega drive 2 as a kid. One of my all time favourites at that age and it was a very tough play through! The second level with the monkey throwing puzzle thing remains in the memory 

That's the one, it's an incredible game but by no means made for kids lol. Almost every level has one hard as nails section like the Ostrich auto run sections of the monkey level, the wall jumps in the graveyard, the stampede in general, the bloody Orangutan and waterfall jump in the Hakuna Mattata stage, the first duly Simba one is fine, then the larva one is brutal with one jump I've never managed to do. Then it's a maze followed by Scar which I've only beat via cheat codes to skip the lava level lol. It's an awesome game with a killer soundtrack. 

55 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

How does Toad work on the switch? Are you having to tilt the controller? I never got it for WiiU.

You have a pointer on screen which you move via gyro controls, it's okay but a tad iffy. 

I've just remembered @Nucleusthat second level, the monkey one is so hard deliberately and ordered by Disney/Virgin (I can't remember which). They were scared of people renting the game and finishing it so they ordered the difficulty to ramp up to make people buy it. They also told the developers they weren't allowed to do a stampede level because they didn't think it was possible but the developers did it regardless and pulled it off. 

I listened to an old interview with the main man a few years ago and I've just remembered it. Unfortunately I can't link to the podcast but it's on Nintendo World Report on the Radio Free Nintendo Podcast. The link on the site is broken but it should be on their podcast feed on an App that's how I found it a few years back. For the record NWR is a excellent site and RFN is a great podcast, they're all great lads. 

It’s the level that sticks out the most in my memory! So many colours 😂 you had two different coloured monkeys, one would switch the way the others would throw you around and it was so frustrating when you thought you’d cracked it only for the bastard monkey to throw you straight down to the ground 😂

Another level that sticks out is the graveyard one with the hyenas and the crumbling bone things and then the first level as grown up Simba where you had to claw at these vines to advance, it was the first time in the game where you actually had an attack! Obviously hakuna matata sticks out too. Overall a fantastic game and I’m tempted to see if there’s any emulators on iOS to play it again

For anyone unsure of our love this is the monkey level

That Snes take on I can't wait to be king is incredible!

34 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

It’s the level that sticks out the most in my memory! So many colours 😂 you had two different coloured monkeys, one would switch the way the others would throw you around and it was so frustrating when you thought you’d cracked it only for the bastard monkey to throw you straight down to the ground 😂

Another level that sticks out is the graveyard one with the hyenas and the crumbling bone things and then the first level as grown up Simba where you had to claw at these vines to advance, it was the first time in the game where you actually had an attack! Obviously hakuna matata sticks out too. Overall a fantastic game and I’m tempted to see if there’s any emulators on iOS to play it again

I can get to the hakuna matata level with ease, that's the first one I tend to trip up on as the waterfall climb is a bitch and I'm impatient with the monkey fight lol. 

The first adult Simba level is awesome for that reason, the progression of turning into a total badass is legit lol. 

I still have my physical copy from when I was a kid but I've also got it on every system I've hacked/modded lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I still have my physical copy from when I was a kid but I've also got it on every system I've hacked/modded lol. 

I probably have it rocking around the attic somewhere too! I had an emulator when I was on Android a few years back and played it on that but the screen was too small and my thumbs would get in the way of everything so it was quite unplayable to be honest. I remember fondly the moment I finally defeated scar by backflipping the prick into the fires of doom! 

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I probably have it rocking around the attic somewhere too! I had an emulator when I was on Android a few years back and played it on that but the screen was too small and my thumbs would get in the way of everything so it was quite unplayable to be honest. I remember fondly the moment I finally defeated scar by backflipping the prick into the fires of doom! 

I'm strongly resisting the urge to go boot it up now!!

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

I'm strongly resisting the urge to go boot it up now!!

Do it and film everything for my entertainment! 😝