Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Anyone watch the Nintendo World Championships? I loved it tbf! Shame we got no announcements but the level of play and the surprise games they included were ace. I won't spoil the outcome but it was a great event to watch and I hope we get another one. 

Game wise I've beaten Metroid which was a blast but really hard! The boss fights in that game are brutal! I've also finished Rayman now which is a game I really enjoyed. The slower paced levels aren't my cup of tea but the chase/runner/music/boss levels are some of the best platforming I've ever played. My only complaint would be the game includes some Origins levels but the way they're unlocked sucks, you basically can earn scratch cards for a chance of unlocking them and I have no interest in grinding to get them. I'm basically just waiting for Mario now and I'm unsure if I'll pick up an indi title like SteamWorld Dig 2 or dive into my backlog. Oh I also got my SNES Classic which is an ace bit of kit! Super Mario World is my favourite game of all time so I've mainly played some of that, unfortunately the systems cords are too short for my current set up and there is only so much sitting on the floor I can do haha. I'm moving soon though so I'll have a better set up soon and I'll play it more then. 

News wise I'm still buzzing with excitement for Mario, I can't believe that's out this month! My missus is away release weekend so I can't wait to dive in. The latest Pokemon trailer also has me more interested in Ultra S/M but I still need convincing to buy it at launch, I'll get it at some point though due to my living dex. Missing only Meloetta if someone could hook me up :P 

Indi wise anyone played Stardew Valley? It's on my radar but I'm intimidated by it haha. I played Rune Factory on 3DS which I enjoyed but I got fed up of it so I'm iffy about getting this. I think I'll wait for a physical release which I think is happening. Oh yeah Retro City Rampage is getting a physical release too, I want it but it's US only and in limited quantities :(. The postage cost sucks and makes it not worth it though :(. 

Seen you playing FIFA and Pokken @Real_Random, what they like? Brother got XB1 FIFA day of release and I've played one match haha. 

Non Nintendo but damn Cuphead is a beautiful looking game! I hope it comes to Switch as I'd love to give it a play through! I doubt my brother will buy it for his XB haha. It is an Xbox exclusive though so I doubt I'll ever play it :(

54 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Non Nintendo but damn Cuphead is a beautiful looking game! I hope it comes to Switch as I'd love to give it a play through! I doubt my brother will buy it for his XB haha. It is an Xbox exclusive though so I doubt I'll ever play it :(

Cuphead is available for PC on Steam, I bought it, definitely a great game.

25 minutes ago, AzmiG26 said:

Cuphead is available for PC on Steam, I bought it, definitely a great game.

Interesting, hopefully that means it could come to Switch then :). 

@Ashez, I haven't played much Pokken, I bought it to tie me over until FIFA tbh. FIFA on the switch is fantastic though, being able to play UT everywhere is the biggest drawcard and after a week I already have Gundogan and Yaya Toure. What is SNES classic like, I didn't pick one up

Pokken always interested me but not enough to buy it lol. Mainly because the playable characters don't interest me that much and because the single player sounds garbage. Maybe cheap one day I'll give it a whirl. I obviously went with Rayman to fill my void haha. 

Glad you're enjoying FIFA, it's tempting me a lot more than I thought it would in truth. It might be one I end up picking up around Xmas but we'll see. 

I really like the SNES Classic but the SNES was my first system so I'm rather tied to it and a lot of it's games. The default list of games has some classics on it and a fair few I've never tried which I want to test out. I'm not gunna lie the whole package is adorable and holding a SNES controller again makes me feel like a little kid lol. I still have my SNES but it's been boxed away at my dads and this package is so much easier to use on newer TV's. I haven't actually tried connecting the original SNES to my TV but trying to get the N64 to work with it was a nightmare, so much so I've put an old CRT TV in the attic so I can keep playing the original hardware. 

Is it better than a Switch virtual console? Hmm that's up for debate as I'd love most of these games portable on the Switch. 

I can't believe that this time next week Mario will be released! It's crazy how fast that's come around! This week is going to drag :(. 

@Real_RandomI see someone's enjoying FIFA :O. Every time I go on the Switch your time played jumps up another level haha. You've made me think maybe I should have picked it up! I've also seen DeathSquared the Indi game is doing a signed limited release box in Australia at EBGames, comes with a signed box, some goodies and a download code for the game, I thought that was pretty neat so I mentioned it :P, the box even has a cardboard cartridge inside it lmao.

Fire Emblem Warriors game out today but I'm going to get it after I'm done with Mario, I wish it came out last week or something as it's way too much content to play in a week. The limited edition is still in stock so I'm hoping they over produced it and that it goes on sale soon :P, especially as the standard release seems to be in lower stock on Amazon haha. I just want that soundtrack but it's not worth £25 more. 

Playing wise I played the Oceanhorn  demo and I rather enjoyed it, not enough to buy it yet though. I also played the Octopath or whatever it's called demo. I wasn't keen tbh and I didn't bother finishing it as the boss was just too frustrating (non skip able cut scene didn't help) but the art style is lovely to look at. I've also played a few 3ds games from my backlog but nothing really worth mentioning. SNES wise I've not played it much but I've picked up a controller extension lead which has made playing it much more comfortable, was only £2.50 on eBay so well worth picking up. 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

I can't believe that this time next week Mario will be released! It's crazy how fast that's come around! This week is going to drag :(. 

@Real_RandomI see someone's enjoying FIFA :O. Every time I go on the Switch your time played jumps up another level haha. You've made me think maybe I should have picked it up! I've also seen DeathSquared the Indi game is doing a signed limited release box in Australia at EBGames, comes with a signed box, some goodies and a download code for the game, I thought that was pretty neat so I mentioned it :P, the box even has a cardboard cartridge inside it lmao.

Fire Emblem Warriors game out today but I'm going to get it after I'm done with Mario, I wish it came out last week or something as it's way too much content to play in a week. The limited edition is still in stock so I'm hoping they over produced it and that it goes on sale soon :P, especially as the standard release seems to be in lower stock on Amazon haha. I just want that soundtrack but it's not worth £25 more. 

Playing wise I played the Oceanhorn  demo and I rather enjoyed it, not enough to buy it yet though. I also played the Octopath or whatever it's called demo. I wasn't keen tbh and I didn't bother finishing it as the boss was just too frustrating (non skip able cut scene didn't help) but the art style is lovely to look at. I've also played a few 3ds games from my backlog but nothing really worth mentioning. SNES wise I've not played it much but I've picked up a controller extension lead which has made playing it much more comfortable, was only £2.50 on eBay so well worth picking up. 

FIFA is fantastic on the Switch, the ability to play anywhere keeps me hooked. I managed to pick up an SNES Mini and have sunk about 10 hours into earth bound. I got an extension lead too but have been playing more on a computer monitor where the short lead is better. Did you see the update for the Switch? Finally there is some sort of save transfer, though it isn’t perfect.

I can’t wait for Mario to come out and have already preordered because in Australia you never know how much stock we are going to get. The Switch is a perfect example because around the world you hear stories that they are hard to get and that they raffle off the opportunity to buy them while in Australia you can walk in and buy a Switch bundle with a game with no trouble at all as they are always in stock.

FIFA wise have you played other versions recently? Like last years on PS4 or whatever? I'm interested to see how it stacks up. I can see myself buying it once I move as it'll be a good game to have when my brother comes round, might even make him get it me for Xmas haha. 

I haven't dived into the SNES RPG's yet as it wasn't suitable in my set up but I'm hoping the extension lead will solve that. I'm super excited to try Mario RPG and Earthbound tbf. Speaking in a hushed tone I've hacked my SNES so I've put a few more of my childhood favourites on there including a GBA emulator. It's stupidly easy to do! 

Yeah the Switch update looks good, currently have no use or interest in most of the stuff it added but it's all welcomed. The eshop needs a redesign though as it's a mess currently. 

Yeah I've got Mario preordered, for ages it said delivery date pending so I was worried but it updated recently to say I'll get it release day. I had it ordered with Nintendo for £50 which came with a Cappy plush but I cancelled that and got it for £40 or £42 from Amazon. My only other active preorder is Axiom Verge for mid November but it's got the same release date as Pokemon and Batman Telltale series so I'm not sure what I'll do yet, hopefully I can pick up all three. I've never played a Telltale game but I've always wanted to play the Batman one but it never came to WiiU. Pokemon wise the recent news and details have peaked my interest but it's a shame it's on the 3DS in truth. 

I've got FIFA on the switch and I love it and stacks up well with the console versions 

Its basically an updated FIFA 16 from PS4 on handheld which is insane tbf

I've been able to play it on lunch breaks etc at work which is beyond cool

24 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

I've got FIFA on the switch and I love it and stacks up well with the console versions 

Its basically an updated FIFA 16 from PS4 on handheld which is insane tbf

I've been able to play it on lunch breaks etc at work which is beyond cool

I just checked my play records and have 110 hours logged for it. I agree that the Switch version holds up well and I enjoy the freedom of being able to play anywhere and not being tied down to a TV.

You guys are making me want it now hmmm haha. 

31 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I just checked my play records and have 110 hours logged for it. I agree that the Switch version holds up well and I enjoy the freedom of being able to play anywhere and not being tied down to a TV.

I think it was 105 the last time I checked haha. That's a mind boggling amount of FIFA so quick lol. I can't imagine playing a game like FIFA that much and you have most the year left! Then again I've never watched my FIFA play time before I suppose. My longest Switch play time is Zelda at around 90, 3DS wise is Pokemon Y at over 300 hours but that's over years and doing a living dex, shiny hunting, breeding, wonder trading and all that jazz. 

If I get FIFA I'm gunna need an UT crash course from you guys :P 

Be warned lads, Mario is in the wild and some complete asshats are breaking embargoes, posting spoilers and even streaming it. It's an absolute joke that some press didn't get review codes for Fire Emblem or Mario yet some random YT's have it and are releasing everything. (Mario and Luigi 3DS leaked online early so Nintendo held back on review codes for those two games, the Nintendo site I use who have been around for 20 years didn't even get codes!)

I know right, it's a joke. I'm annoyed as I don't want to be spoiled on this stuff, I want to experience it. Yet at the same time it's the legit reviewers who're being screwed over and I know I personally use reviews a lot, especially from people I trust/have similar taste too. Nintendo hand picked these guys for Mario codes and now they're leaking everything while established sites who i assume have a proven track record get a code on release day. What if we get to the point where reviewers only get a code on release day? That means no reviews until after the launch, I personally don't see that as a good thing. 

I've thankfully seen no major leaks yet and I say yet as we have another week to go until release and then I have to play it, chances I'll avoid everything are low :(. Apparently even the final boss has been leaked. 

5 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

That's my team mate

Mainly played career mode for the most part but made that up and record is 5-2-1 so not too bad

FB_IMG_1508604415252.thumb.jpg.a9f992d9e99e6ce8fc8ecbd17ec437f8.jpg

Nice looking team, out of curiosity who is your inform on the bench?

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

If I get FIFA I'm gunna need an UT crash course from you guys :P 

Be warned lads, Mario is in the wild and some complete asshats are breaking embargoes, posting spoilers and even streaming it. It's an absolute joke that some press didn't get review codes for Fire Emblem or Mario yet some random YT's have it and are releasing everything. (Mario and Luigi 3DS leaked online early so Nintendo held back on review codes for those two games, the Nintendo site I use who have been around for 20 years didn't even get codes!)

Damn, that is annoying, hopefully I can stay disconnected for a week

Is the UT marketplace thingy and online in general busy? From my understanding the UT thing is people selling players etc so just wondering what the online scene is like on Switch, tbh I have no idea if it sold well or not. 

38 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Is the UT marketplace thingy and online in general busy? From my understanding the UT thing is people selling players etc so just wondering what the online scene is like on Switch, tbh I have no idea if it sold well or not. 

Not really, I just checked the market and there’s only 40 583 live transfers on Switch. Also I struggle to get online matches especially with tournaments. 

Yeah not a crazy amount of action tbh on the UT side but still good enough for me 

Think mainly people playing are dads qho have a switch because of kids and wanted to get FIFA lol

That In form is a striker that I got in my starter team haha nothing amazing think he's called Locadia or something 

Super jealous!!! Mines in the post so no early delivery for me :( 

Tried Animal Crossing RR? I believe it's out in Australia. Also anyway tried the awful sounding Sonic demo from Japan? I've downloaded it but not played it as yet 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Tried Animal Crossing RR? I believe it's out in Australia. Also anyway tried the awful sounding Sonic demo from Japan? I've downloaded it but not played it as yet 

For some reason my comment was posted twice lmao.

Haven't try Animal Crossing but sonic it's 1 minute demo, wtf? That's stupid. 

BTW, Mario Odyssey it's game of the year for me. It's simply amazing. 

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

Never played animal crossing, not really interested. I don't have a Japanese account so I can't try the demo. I'm getting my copy today.

Edited by Real_Random