Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Man City under Guardiola

Current Squad Pep has to work with

Goalkeepers = Hart, Caballero and Wright

Defenders = Zabaleta, Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala, Demichelis, Denayer, Clichy and Kolorov

Midfield = Toure, Delph, Fernando, Fernandinho, Zuculini, Roberts, Garcia, Nasri, Silva, Sterling and De Bruyne

Forwards = Aguero, Ihenacho, Bony and Unal (on loan for another year)

With this being Current XI

Spoiler

IMG_5896.thumb.PNG.7364f4fcc2ff4b4113ed1

So who has to make way so Pep can get the team Playing his way.

Toure- His agent says he is on his way out. Also maybe his age is catching up with him as in a number of games he seems to be a passenger. He is still a quality player just looks at his stats 20 passing, 20 strength, 18 shooting, 18 creativity so there is some big boots to fillIMG_5915.thumb.PNG.78c3340d89cd3b67184b4

Bony- Hasn't had the impact both he and the fans were hoping for. he is a good poacher as his stats show but he is to immobile for a Guardiola teamIMG_5916.thumb.PNG.0d0f51cc28bf31df3f893

Zuculini- After impressing in pre-season, he went on a couple of unsuccessful loan spells in Spain. Now he is not as good as some of the younger players he is probably on his way out unless Pep sees something in him.IMG_5917.PNG

Wright- Not much to say here too old and not good enoughIMG_5918.thumb.PNG.0ba53fcc29dee6dbff039

Cabellero- Not bad as a back up but this is an area Pep has said he wants to bring someone in

Kolarov- Cant defend and has lost his place in the starting XI. He does have good technique at 15 and crossong at 17 but that is not enough to earn him a place in Pep's teamIMG_5914.thumb.PNG.63ddfadc08bc6cc1d0466Demichelies- way past his best

Fernando- Not a Guardiola type player

Leaving the squad looking like this

Spoiler

IMG_5897.thumb.PNG.28de89f55e31a6e041022

So who is coming in?

Gundogan- Perfect player for a passing system with 20 passing 19 creativity, 17 dribbling and 17 technique. With a contract supposedly already agreed i think this one will happen.IMG_5898.thumb.PNG.2d5ccee677b7200948c87

Zieler- Counts as homegrown having previously been at United. I think this is more likely that the next target.

Ter Stegen- Unhappy about play time in Barcelona has lead to rumors of him leaving for city, but with him not being guaranteed to start dont see why he would want a move here.IMG_5901.thumb.PNG.68c3910c0a4ad18b525af

Laporte- Great ball playing defender just like Pep likes. With tackling, passing, positioning and decisions at 17 at only 21 is amazing and has lots of room to improve into one of the best defenders in the world.IMG_5902.thumb.PNG.ce5122323d0d3b9d195c9

CresswellWith city needing a new LB after the the departure of Kolorov and Cresswell being English this could happen.IMG_5903.thumb.PNG.45410fd502e9c33049d4c

Stones- Great young player although not as good as Laporte means unless city sell another CB then this transfer won't happen.IMG_5904.thumb.PNG.05c173c9761cd028f6e6d

Pogba- Outstanding player not one orange stat and 18's in dribbling, passing, strength and technique and 17 shooting, it is no wonder city are interested in this young man. However with a 70 million price tag that interest will probably go elsewhere.IMG_5900.thumb.PNG.5f5124e5a0630dfe75c6f

Even though Pep said he wants another striker as back up there have been no names so far so i came up with a potential list

LacazetteIMG_5909.thumb.PNG.5bdcc124e1f8b6d33e23f

BerahinoIMG_5911.thumb.PNG.1a4d600bdbd7f4fec1c02

IcardiIMG_5910.thumb.PNG.61f946fbb4552c34a7227

So next season city could potentially line up like this

Spoiler

IMG_5912.thumb.PNG.45ad95209c840e8331a49

Or any of these 2. At Bayern though it seamed like Pep tried every formation possible so maybe he will do the same for city

Spoiler

IMG_5908.thumb.PNG.4a3d721c8d3f9214f764eIMG_5907.thumb.PNG.85c2af1b3261dfb2a71ff

Edited by Rjgreeno
Mistakes

Interesting thoughts. As a City fan there are so many questions hanging over the squad. 

Both Fullbacks need replacing for a start. Sadly there is a big doubt hanging over Kompany, great when he plays but I fear he could spend the rest of his days plagued by injuries. City need to take a look at how Spurs treated Ledley King and wrap him up in cotton wool with very little training. 

On to midfield and Navas has to be let go, he is such a non discript player these days and contributes very little in attack with very few assists or goals. Sterling needs to be played on the right as he offers nothing from the left flank. 

David Silva has carried ankle injuries for nearly two seasons now and every opponent knows this, a few early kicks and his dominance of the game quickly fades. Pep has a decision, let Silva have an op and give him time to fully recover or sell him on. 'Sell him!!!' I hear you you ask. Yes because the side is very unbalanced with Silva and KDB on the pitch together and KDB is the future.

Up top Aguero needs someone to share the load. A little injury prone and when he doesn't score the team look poor going forward. Kelechi has had a great season for someone so young but he is a number 3 and not second choice at his young age. Bony should be sold or given away, I hear McDonald's are hiring. We still have Dzeko and Jovetic so there are options within the curren squad of players. 

Signings for for me would be-

Laporte or Stones as RJ says and I agree with Pogba and feel the bank should be broken for his signature. 

The left and right back are not as clear cut but Pep could do worse than raid his current nation Germany and somehow take Alaba (Bayern have Bernat in waiting), failing that, Wolfsburg's Rodriguez would be ideal. 

Just as interesting will be the departures as numerous players are out of contract soon, this really is an ideal time for Pep to takeover and reshape the squad for the coming years. 

Edited by billy2shots

With the full back I didn't mention any replacements as there are no names linked to city although Maffeo and Angelino may take the step up as we know Pep loves his youth players. Also if Pep goes for both Laporte and Stones Denayer may be moved to RB where he has been playing for Galatasaray.

Edited by Rjgreeno
50 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

We still have Dzeko and Jovetic so there are options within the curren squad of players. 

Dzeko and Jovetic are both on loan deals with the obligation to buy although inter are trying to get out of buying Jovetic

Nice analysis of the squad. Good work!

The first font is readable, but generally difficult to. Maybe that's just me.

Tbh with such a large squad, I'd expect some sort of overhaul of players with Manchester City with any manager change.

Anyone help me how do i delete a post because i tried to fix the font and it ended up posting it as a new post instead of a edit

Great post. I like the predicted formations.

Pogba would indeed be an ominous replacement for Toure (a midfield trio of Pogba, Gundogan and Fernandinho would dominate the ball). I reckon Toure would be top of Pep's list for outgoings. 

Laporte would be a much better replacement than Stones - but City are going to need to boost their homegrown numbers so they might well go for him instead (and bank on Pep to do a much better job of teaching Stones how to defend than Martinez has). And dont forget City were seriously interested in Stones last season.

For left back, I wouldnt be totally surprised if they go for Rico Henry.

And I assume Reece Oxford would be of interest to them as well.

9 hours ago, phila said:

Great post. I like the predicted formations.

Pogba would indeed be an ominous replacement for Toure (a midfield trio of Pogba, Gundogan and Fernandinho would dominate the ball). I reckon Toure would be top of Pep's list for outgoings. 

Laporte would be a much better replacement than Stones - but City are going to need to boost their homegrown numbers so they might well go for him instead (and bank on Pep to do a much better job of teaching Stones how to defend than Martinez has). And dont forget City were seriously interested in Stones last season.

For left back, I wouldnt be totally surprised if they go for Rico Henry.

And I assume Reece Oxford would be of interest to them as well.

Martinez has no clue about setting up a defence and the downgrade in Stones' play has been unbelievable.

He looks lost out there. I can see him going in the summer for sure.

I doubt Wright is gonna be sold due to the fact his not there at the club as a player but instead a player-coach and a lot of the youngsters like him.