Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robbrown172

5 Championship Youngsters You NEED To Sign

Introduction

In the Premier League, everyone knows who the 'standout' and world-class players are, due to its mass popularity throughout the world.

It is, however, a very different story down in the Championship. A lot of hidden gems have emerged from the division in the past, with some completely/slightly unknown to the football world.

Below, I have put together a list of 5 young players currently plying their trade in the Championship, who would make for great additions for some squads.

1. Jacob Murphy (Winger, Norwich City)

Screenshot_20161121-142333.png

He may be only 21, but Jacob Murphy has already been loaned out 6 times in the last 2 years, starring for clubs such as Scunthorpe United, Swindon Town and Coventry City last season, where he put his name on the map, scoring 9 goals in 40 appearances at The Sky Blues.

On this return to Norwich City, he has already rocked up 3 goals in 5 games so far this season, continuing his great form from 2015-2016.

Valued at just £2.3m, Murphy would be an ideal signing for anyone in the top half of the Championship, or bottom half of the Premier League.

2. Alex Mowatt (Attacking Midfielder, Leeds United)

Screenshot_20161121-142232.png

Leeds United may have had their fall from grace, where their seasons challenging for the Premier League title feeling a million light years ago, but you can't fault them when it comes to producing talented youngsters.

Players such as James Milner, Aaron Lennon, Harry Kewell, Alan Smith (Not the Sky Sports commentator) and Paul Robinson have all come through the Leeds United academy in the past.

Alex Mowatt will be hoping to follow in their footsteps, with the youngster already making 112 appearances in the last 3 years, cementing his place as a regular starter for Leeds.

His £4.4m price might be a little steep for most Championship clubs, so if Mowatt was to go anywhere, it would probably be the Premier League.

3. Jamaal Lascelles (Centre Back, Newcastle United)

Screenshot_20161121-140646.png

Signed by Alan Pardew in the summer of 2014 alongside goalkeeper Karl Darlow, Lascelles was immediately loaned back to Nottingham Forest for the season.

On his return to Newcastle United, he was overlooked by Steve McClaren, rarely playing for the North-East side.

This all changed when McClaren was sacked, and Benitez was brought in, as Lascelles was one of the few positives in what was a disastrous season for Newcastle. He was rewarded with the captains armband in the summer, where he has taken it in his stride to become one of the most solid centre backs in the country.

Newcastle United are unlikely to let Lascelles go, but a good enough bid may just tempt them.

4. Charlie Taylor (Left Back, Leeds United)

Screenshot_20161121-140558.png

Like Mowatt, Taylor is a product of the Leeds United youth academy, and has managed to make his way into the first team.

He's had his fair share of loan moves, like almost every young player these days, with his most recent being at League One side Fleetwood Town in the 2013-2014, accumulating 42 appearances.

Since his breakthrough in the Leeds United first team in 2014, he's became quite a popular name on the team-sheet at Elland Road, missing just 7 matches last season in the league for the Championship side.

His valuation of £3.8m could be possibly quadrupled by a few years, and with a crossing rating of 15, he'd be ideal if you like playing with wing-backs.

5. Will Hughes (Centre Midfielder, Derby County)

Screenshot_20161121-140516.png

To me, it feels like this man has been around for almost ever, constantly being linked with a move to the Premier League. Whether that'll ever happen is a matter of time.

The England U21 international has been one of Derby County's best players in the last couple of years, despite playing just 1 match last season before damaging his knee ligament which ruled him out until April.

Before the injury setback, Hughes was a familiar name in the Derby County starting XI, playing a total of 76 league matches between 2012 and 2014.

Hughes is the most expensive player on this list, but he's the kind of player who can change games with the click of a finger.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Thanks for reading.

13 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Good list. Hughes became a beast for me on last year's game, getting almost 20 assists in one season.

He's someone you can definitely build a team around. Whenever I'm someone like Liverpool, I always try and sign him. His value rockets up within the first season.

Not a Championship player but Bradley Dack is excellent.

Currently worth £8.5m, was worth £11m but he got injured so has missed a few games but due back soon.

fjg2mh.png

10gjig1.png

9 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Not a Championship player but Bradley Dack is excellent.

Currently worth £8.5m, was worth £11m but he got injured so has missed a few games but due back soon.

fjg2mh.png

10gjig1.png

That's a great find mate! Personally never heard of the lad before, but he definitely looks like a decent signing for a Championship side. 

Fingers crossed he comes back stronger after his injury and bags you a few goals/assists!

12 minutes ago, Robbrown172 said:

That's a great find mate! Personally never heard of the lad before, but he definitely looks like a decent signing for a Championship side. 

Fingers crossed he comes back stronger after his injury and bags you a few goals/assists!

I'm now in the Premiership.

The first stats are a Championship season, the ones after are Premiership so it shows he can cope at the top level too.

37 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I'm now in the Premiership.

The first stats are a Championship season, the ones after are Premiership so it shows he can cope at the top level too.

He's not the best in terms of aerial and positioning, but he's a pacey man with a lot of stamina! I'd retrain him to be a winger if i were you, because a lot of his strong points are what's vital for a winger.

19 hours ago, Robbrown172 said:

He's not the best in terms of aerial and positioning, but he's a pacey man with a lot of stamina! I'd retrain him to be a winger if i were you, because a lot of his strong points are what's vital for a winger.

No need to be good at heading he's assisting for me behind the strikers now he's back fit.

Already got good wingers.

41 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

No need to be good at heading he's assisting for me behind the strikers now he's back fit.

Already got good wingers.

Good to hear. He sounds like a must-buy. I'm going to check him out when I do a Championship save

Adam Armstrong is a beast in this years addition, he actually finished top scorer in prem in my first season back and led me to the champions league.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Mikee1984