Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help New to FM! + Questions

Nufz

Hi everybody I am new to Football Manager and I've always wanted to manage a club, and I think this is the perfect game to do so! Right now I have not created a save so I'm eager to play!! I found this community and I have a few questions 

1) OME or EME? I'm very curious to which one I should use. I heard EME is more fun, but I want something realistic, I like to play realistic. So which should I go for?

2) Should I buy sugar daddy? I'm from France and I wanted to see psg's balance because of course they are a very rich team and I see they only have like €25M??? That's not even close I would assume to how much they have to real life! So should I use/buy sugar daddy or what?

3) Is the managers son worth it? I don't know anything about this but it sounds awesome! I would love to have my son play for my club!

Just these 3 questions for now, I just want to manage a club and have some fun, but once I start playing I'm pretty sure I will get more questions! Merci beaucoup everybody! 

Hi mate, welcome to the coummnity! I'll answer these questions to the best of my ability:

1. EME is meant to be more realistic, but there are a few bugs with it from what I've heard and it can be very frustrating, but offers a more complete match day experience. OME is quicker, a tad more simple but I'd say more realistic. 

2. Up to you really, what I found with PSG though was that you have to wait a few days or so before they give you like 100 Million, I found it weird too that I only had a small fee before they gave me 100 Million. 

3. Managers son is very good indeed, sometimes he can be really bad though! When you buy it, only happens once so you'll need to buy it again when you want to do it again, unless you unlock it. 

4. Basically, if you switch it off you won't have any real players, and when it's on it is real players. Hope this helped!

16 minutes ago, Nufz said:

Hi everybody I am new to Football Manager and I've always wanted to manage a club, and I think this is the perfect game to do so! Right now I have not created a save so I'm eager to play!! I found this community and I have a few questions 

1) OME or EME? I'm very curious to which one I should use. I heard EME is more fun, but I want something realistic, I like to play realistic. So which should I go for?

2) Should I buy sugar daddy? I'm from France and I wanted to see psg's balance because of course they are a very rich team and I see they only have like €25M??? That's not even close I would assume to how much they have to real life! So should I use/buy sugar daddy or what?

3) Is the managers son worth it? I don't know anything about this but it sounds awesome! I would love to have my son play for my club!

Just these 3 questions for now, I just want to manage a club and have some fun, but once I start playing I'm pretty sure I will get more questions! Merci beaucoup everybody! 

Well, soyez le bienvenue!

To start off, if you really want to play with budgets, I'd recommend you to use the IGE. This allows you to make more modifications to the game, like give players more CA and PA. But that's based on personal preferences, I normally don't play with unlockables, but sometimes it's fun to just mess around a bit isn't it.

EME is much more fun to play, as the AI is a bit smarter ( it seems ) and it's much more realistic. In OME you can smash Chelsea 20-0 with Leeds :P

Managers Son is a fun addition, but if you keep youth players at the club long enough, it will eventually unlock itself, so you can save that 0.99€ mate.

I'd say have fun playing the game, I'd love to see one of your careers here in the future :)

1 minute ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Well, soyez le bienvenue!

To start off, if you really want to play with budgets, I'd recommend you to use the IGE. This allows you to make more modifications to the game, like give players more CA and PA. But that's based on personal preferences, I normally don't play with unlockables, but sometimes it's fun to just mess around a bit isn't it.

EME is much more fun to play, as the AI is a bit smarter ( it seems ) and it's much more realistic. In OME you can smash Chelsea 20-0 with Leeds :P

Managers Son is a fun addition, but if you keep youth players at the club long enough, it will eventually unlock itself, so you can save that 0.99€ mate.

I'd say have fun playing the game, I'd love to see one of your careers here in the future :)

4 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Hi mate, welcome to the coummnity! I'll answer these questions to the best of my ability:

1. EME is meant to be more realistic, but there are a few bugs with it from what I've heard and it can be very frustrating, but offers a more complete match day experience. OME is quicker, a tad more simple but I'd say more realistic. 

2. Up to you really, what I found with PSG though was that you have to wait a few days or so before they give you like 100 Million, I found it weird too that I only had a small fee before they gave me 100 Million. 

3. Managers son is very good indeed, sometimes he can be really bad though! When you buy it, only happens once so you'll need to buy it again when you want to do it again, unless you unlock it. 

4. Basically, if you switch it off you won't have any real players, and when it's on it is real players. Hope this helped!

Thank you both for the detailed replies !! I appreciate it! I'm still confused on OME and EME , because one said EME is realistic and the other said OME is realistic! Lol! Anyways thanks guys can't wait to play  and have some fun with this Community!

Just now, Nufz said:

Thank you both for the detailed replies !! I appreciate it! I'm still confused on OME and EME , because one said EME is realistic and the other said OME is realistic! Lol! Anyways thanks guys can't wait to play  and have some fun with this Community!

I suggest you play around a bit with the different engines and then choose your preferred engine :)

1 minute ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I suggest you play around a bit with the different engines and then choose your preferred engine :)

Will do! Thanks for the help :)

First of all welcome to the community, hope you have fun getting involved here ??

The EME was sold to us as 'the more realistic engine' however so many people have created killer tactics with 2 at the back, if you find that realistic then EME is the engine or you

If you would prefer an engine that's more accustomed and kind to standard formations (think 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1) then the OME is definitely for you

Hope this helps mate

24 minutes ago, W4RLOCK said:

Uhh sorry for interrupting but is there really managers son in the game...how do get them if i may ask??

Sign a player, have him play at least 1 game for ten seasons, he needs to retire at the club then

9 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

First of all welcome to the community, hope you have fun getting involved here ??

The EME was sold to us as 'the more realistic engine' however so many people have created killer tactics with 2 at the back, if you find that realistic then EME is the engine or you

If you would prefer an engine that's more accustomed and kind to standard formations (think 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1) then the OME is definitely for you

Hope this helps mate

Thanks man! Definitely helped :)

From what I understand, OME is basically static RNG based on how you set up your team vs opponent.  EME is a more dynamic RNG which is dependent on the simulation of player position on the pitch.

While there are faults with both engines, the EME "feels" more realistic (to me).  

On 7/31/2017 at 03:17, Brenty92 said:

And while 2-at-the-back tactics feel weird on paper (and feels like abuse of the game engine a bit), I could argue that they are not dissimilar from what Pep did at Man City last season.  On a team lacking decent fullbacks, he essentially overloaded the pitch with attack-minded players while leaving 2 defenders at the back.  Resulting formations felt like a mix of 2-3-5 or 2-4-4 when with the ball which is kind of what Bati's and Anders' formations are.