Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Are certain clubs predisposed to having better youth intakes

Meestercat

I would like to have a go at a Youth challenge, or at least as close to one as I can get in FMM, and I’m wondering if there is any hidden modifier or attribute that determines the quality of their youth intakes?

I know that youth facilities will help, but would a club like Ajax get consistently better youth intakes given their history of great youth players? (I seem to recall this is the case in the full FM game)

As a follow on question regardless of the answer to my first question, can anyone recommend a good team for this challenge?

34 minutes ago, Meestercat said:

given their history of great youth players? (I seem to recall this is the case in the full FM game)

In the full game a club has two ratings. Youth recruitment that effects the quality of regens coming through and youth facilities which play a part in how well they develop once you have them in your youth team. I'm not sure if FMM follows the same path or if it is just Youth facilities. I would imagine that the better the youth facilities are the better the youth recruitment would be and so the better the regens would be.  

I'm playing as Crewe and despite only having average youth facilities I'm consistently having very good intakes with players who can go on to play at a much higher level. Crewe have a long running history of producing young talent (and populating much of the football league!), which supports the concept you suggested.

I’ve just been managing fleetwood in a journeyman save and I took them from league 2 all the way up to winning the premier league and champions league. This is 2030’s by the way. I didn’t get any good youth I takes at all but I couldn’t manage to get their facilities up until just at the end of the last season when I won champs league. I then left to try and win everything in welsh league so I’m not sure yet whether it’s only linked to the youth facilities or other things. I also got nothing at Clyde in Scotland for a few rather successful years. I recall getting a few in my blyth save a while ago but I think it was after I’d had a bit of success with top youth facilities. 

I remember that a few years ago Atalanta was a regen hotspot! I think the reason for that was that they were just promoted in the second season and needed players to fill up the squad - but my memory may be failing me.

From my actual save, I get good regens at Bologna, with maxed out youth facilities. However, from my scouting the team that stands out the most in terms of really great youngsters is Man Utd.

Again, I would expect that there is an element of randomness regarding where regens show up. However, without a controlled experiment it’s hard to draw conclusions I’m afraid.

I'd imagine the clubs at the top with the best facilities will always have these youth ratings, and always produce the best players. Not sure if a club can actually go down in their facility rating, say if Manchester United got relegated would their Facilities drop? A very interesting question. 

For clubs, it depends what you're after. If you're starting from the top then Ajax, United, Barca etc.... are your choices, but if you want to spice it up a bit you could go lower and start with a Crewe, and even Salford, who I always get good regens from.