Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Kazimierz Deyna Challenge

Nucleus

047C28B4-6364-40F4-9D82-94BEBAEDD5B9.thumb.jpeg.ca5eb0b50063dbc7e9198ce4a4223eca.jpeg

Kazimierz Deyna was a Polish Attacking Midfielder and was one of the most highly regarded players of his generation due to his excellent vision.

Deyna made a name for himself at Legia Warsaw where he won two league Championships along with two Polish Cups. European powerhouses such as AC Milan, Inter Milan, AS Monaco, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich all tried to acquire his services, but he was unable to join any of them since the communist regime of Poland prevented him from moving to Wester Europe. Real Madrid were so adamant on signing him that they even sent a shirt to Warsaw with his name on the back and the number 14.

His international career was also highly successful, he led his team to a gold medal at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, where he was also named the competitions top scorer. The Bronze medal at the 1974 World Cup soon followed whilst in 1976 his team yet again reached the Olympic final but had to settle for the silver medal that time around. Additionally he was ranked third in the European Footballer of the Year award for 1974, behind Johan Cruyff and Franz Beckenbauer. 

Because of his achievements and undoubted talent, Deyna was voted Polish footballer of the year several times by fans, in 1978 he captained the national side as they reached the second phase of the World Cup in Argentina.

Soon afterwards, Deyna made a shock move to Manchester City where his time was marred by a series of injuries, and he left in January 1981. Deyna Scored 13 Goals in his time with the club, with seven of those coming in the last eight games of the 78/79 season and were crucial for City in their relegation battle. Deyna subsequently became a cult hero amongst City fans.

A move to the San Diego Shockers came to fruition in 1981 and proved to be the final club of his career. Kazimierz Deyna died in a car accident in San Diego at the age of 41. Legia Warsaw and the San Diego Shockers have since retired his number 10 jersey as a mark of respect.

Can you emulate arguably the greatest polish player of all time?

Challenge Set-Up:

• Load up Poland and the USA and take control of Legia Warsaw
  • You must sign a Polish Attacking Midfielder who will become your new “Deyna”
  • At Legia Warsaw you must win at least 2x League Titles and 2x Polish Cups and Score at least 93 goals 
  • Win at least 2x Polish Footballer of the Year Awards

Bonus:

• Move to the USA and take your new “Deyna” along with you
  • Better Deyna’s third placed Ballon d’Or finish and win it
  • Take control of Poland and better their third placed finish at a World Cup
  • Beat Deyna’s record of 41 international goals

Rules:

• Own Formations only
  • November Database only (Ballon d’Or is missing in the February database)
  • No unlockables unless earned on the save
  • No use of any editor
  • Evidence is required via screenshot, I’d suggest posting a career for all of Vibe to follow
  • No Cheating - Reloading to avoid injuries counts as cheating
4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Ace challenge but I think getting him signed by a MLS club might be tricky. 

Yeah that’s why I put that part in the bonus section. Player value in Poland is fairly low so it may be possible. You might have to spend a season or so in the MLS without him to save up the dollar

I don’t think there’ll be a problem. When I did the 1K there with Harvey Barnes his value never increased that high and he was scoring 65+ per season plus there’s some sellable assets and rich clubs in MLS.

Nice challenge!

10 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Yeah that’s why I put that part in the bonus section. Player value in Poland is fairly low so it may be possible. You might have to spend a season or so in the MLS without him to save up the dollar

Have you tried this yourself? 

Im tempted to give this one again as I have never committed to either USA or Poland leagues 

added 0 minutes later
Just now, kylieboi88 said:

Im tempted to give this one again as I have never committed to either USA or Poland leagues 

Give this one ago*

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I had a quick look and not many players tempted me :p. 

There’s a few decent young polish players available if you look properly 😝

4 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

added 0 minutes later

Give this one ago*

I haven’t mate, it’s right up your street this one to be honest. You seem to like a shorter save if I recall correctly?

15 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I don’t think there’ll be a problem. When I did the 1K there with Harvey Barnes his value never increased that high and he was scoring 65+ per season plus there’s some sellable assets and rich clubs in MLS.

Nice challenge!

Plus you could be cheeky and pump all the money from Warsaw into the MLS club before you go and manage them 😉

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I haven’t mate, it’s right up your street this one to be honest. You seem to like a shorter save if I recall correctly?

I havent completed a challenge as of yet. Time for a change? Lol

Ive done long saves but not posted previously just shared with ash and others

9 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

I havent completed a challenge as of yet. Time for a change? Lol

Ive done long saves but not posted previously just shared with ash and others

Might be something different to sink your teeth into then 😁 I’ve done a save in Poland and really enjoyed it. MLS I haven’t touched so can’t comment on that part

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

True, but I'm never looking for a decent player, I'm looking for that one that calls me 😛

Cant even begin to express how stupid I feel. Only made it to Jan before I noticed I had the wrong database loaded....deeeeer

Now to reload it up and resign my AP

Absolute melt! 

Haha

Just now, kylieboi88 said:

Cant even begin to express how stupid I feel. Only made it to Jan before I noticed I had the wrong database loaded....deeeeer

Now to reload it up and resign my AP

Absolute melt! 

Haha

The only thing that the February database will affect is that the world player of the year award is missing in it. So feel free to carry on from where you are mate, but you won’t be able to tick off that part of the bonus objective 

Just now, Nucleus said:

The only thing that the February database will affect is that the world player of the year award is missing in it. So feel free to carry on from where you are mate, but you won’t be able to tick off that part of the bonus objective 

Best to restart then as this will affect the score or end result of the challenge? Least I noticed in Jan and now end of Season 1. Strange as the squad looks so different lol

There’s no “score” in this challenge. If you complete the main objectives then a spot on the leaderboard is yours. The bonus objectives are just there to prolong the save if you feel like doing so

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

There’s no “score” in this challenge. If you complete the main objectives then a spot on the leaderboard is yours. The bonus objectives are just there to prolong the save if you feel like doing so

Okay I may carry on the save then. 

2 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

Okay I may carry on the save then. 

That’s what I’d do mate. It’s sort of an open ended one, you complete the main objectives then if you’ve got your teeth into the save you can go for the bonus ones. Can’t wait to see who you’ve chosen 😁