Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat IRL moments that, if they happened in FMM, you'd say WTAF!

I often think of this - we've all complained about being FMM'd, but facts can often be stranger than fiction.

Any real-life examples that would drive you mad if they happened in FMM? Current or historical...

For example, there have been a couple of 3-0 to 3-3 in the last 10 minutes of a match recently (Denmark vs Switzerland, villa vs sheff u).

Or Cantona's kung-fu kick, can you imagine?! "Red card!!!" - then seeing your little dot launch off the side, then getting the news item "your star player is banned for nine months"!

A random one that came to mind today - I was there the day that bees skipper Paul Evans pinged one in from the kick-off after Preston had just equalised. Unfortunately, we didn't have working cameras back in, um, 1999?

Maybe we could get a little Keiron Dyer vs Lee Bowyer style action going on... Two of your little dots flailing at each other! 😄 

As for for a goal from kickoff, very impressive, never seen it in the game - though I have had 95 and 105 yard goals before (videos of both in this thread). Why not one direct from kickoff as well! 

Back in the CM days i had Richie Wellens headbutt the ref. He was suspended for something like 9 months...

I only ever saw that once in all my years of playing this game.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Maybe we could get a little Keiron Dyer vs Lee Bowyer style action going on... Two of your little dots flailing at each other! 😄 

As for for a goal from kickoff, very impressive, never seen it in the game - though I have had 95 and 105 yard goals before (videos of both in this thread). Why not one direct from kickoff as well! 

A mass brawl is or was a very rare Easter egg, similar to the headbut one and pushing the ref which we have now. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

A mass brawl is or was a very rare Easter egg, similar to the headbut one and pushing the ref which we have now. 

I've seen the pushing the ref one and heard about the headbut one, but never a mass brawl. I'm excited that there's still more stuff in there to discover! 🙂

I don't know how this would have been represented by the match engine but, Faiz Subri's free kick goal that won the 2016 Puskas Award. 

aVl9D5.gif.af022c0d79da91a9afe6825659028ac3.gif

Imagine if you saw the ball curve like that! 

9 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I've seen the pushing the ref one and heard about the headbut one, but never a mass brawl. I'm excited that there's still more stuff in there to discover! 🙂

One of my player's got punched some time back :)

Let me see if I can dig up the screenshots

Well I can't find them because it was too long ago, but yeah It blew my mind that the game had that included... 

4 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

One of my player's got punched some time back :)

Let me see if I can dig up the screenshots

Well I can't find them because it was too long ago, but yeah It blew my mind that the game had that included... 

LOL. It's great that those small things are in there. Hope they included this sort of thing:

RingedShortGermanshepherd-small.gif

Yeah when di Canio pushed the ref, FM went a little OTT on incorporating that within the game.

The Zidane-Matterazi one would piss you off if it happened in the game!

Or one of my favourite ever goals, Stevie G in the FA Cup Final, last minute vs West Ham - imagine if you were West Ham manager trying to hang on, and the ball falls to that dot miles out....!!

42 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

my bees got a proper FMM-ing to welcome us back to the new season this weekend:

That’s the Lee Camp effect. Goalkeepers like him come around once in a generation.

Edited by samhardy
5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

That’s the Lee Camp effect. Goalkeepers like him come around once in a generation.

oi, zip it - he was on my screen for about 87 of the 90 minutes on Saturday, i don't wanna be thinking about him again now!! (the sad truth is, we didn't give him nearly enough to do :( )

On 05/08/2019 at 10:26, Mr Tree said:

oi, zip it - he was on my screen for about 87 of the 90 minutes on Saturday, i don't wanna be thinking about him again now!! (the sad truth is, we didn't give him nearly enough to do :( )

They’re leaking goals like a sieve tonight 😂