Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Increase Max Wages

EuanBCFC

Hi there

Im currently doing a save with Bristol City, it’s season 4 and i have £93m Amine Gouiri, however he has a release clause of £88m and I’m concerned someone will activate it. So I went to offer him a new contract without it but he wanted 325k wages but my board will only let me offer 150k. Is there any way of increasing this? 

thanks

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Have you got any excess transfer budget you can transfer over to wages?

Got about £40m, tried making it all Wage but still have the 150k limit

added 0 minutes later
45 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Take the £88m and find a replacement for about £50m. Plenty of players who could replace him

£50m replacement for a £100m player who’s benched Grizzy for France, not sure about that one 

10 minutes ago, EuanBCFC said:

£50m replacement for a £100m player who’s benched Grizzy for France, not sure about that one 

Then you’ve obviously not been playing the game long. Have a look around, there’s always a cheaper replacement 

1 hour ago, EuanBCFC said:

added 0 minutes later

There are tons of other replacement around the transfer market if you play long enough

2 hours ago, EuanBCFC said:

No other way then unfortunately, could try a board request for more wages but doubt that would work. If you win trophies this season you’ll probably be able to offer more next year but if not as the others have said it’s not hard to replace players even ones of his quality in FMM.

If they ask for stupidly high wages it generally means they don’t want to stay but will see if you break the bank for them. Either negotiate if you can and move transfer budget to wages. Or replace when they get to their last two years. 

Happens when you try and sign someone who doesn’t really want to come to you too. But would for stupid money. Makes sense. 

Smaller teams that have levelled up almost are never given enough for sign on fees. I've had that problem even at Celtic after winning the CL a few times. I've had to pay a player 150k a week more to sign him because the board wouldn't give me 200k extra for the sign on fee. Just ridiculous. But that's the way it is unfortunately. It will improve as you level up, but probably will never be as high as it should be.