Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Stars vs attribute - which one is important?

I started at play a week ago and everything goes very well with my marseille game.

But i'm still very doubtful about the stars and attributes.

For example right now i have a GK which is 20 year old, 5 stars in potential and current ability, and another one 18 year old 1 star current ability and 2 star potential. But the second one has far better attributes (and those are improving far faster)!!!

So i really don't know which of those two i should rely on. Any idea or tips about this?

I posted about this a while ago. It's never made sense to me. I wouldn't go completely on attributes though. I've had 5 star players with awful attributes play really well. I find it pretty ridiculous.

I find the stars pretty useful - there are hidden attributes so that screen doesn't tell the whole story. So a combo of both, I would say.

I'd go with attributes being the most important, but with CA still somewhat important. However, I'm talking about real CA (ie through the editor or an app), not the in-game stars which are wildly inaccurate (I had Messi's regen showing as 1.5 star PA for eg). 

In my testing, I've seen players that look world class who are only 3.5 stars real PA, and 5 star CA players who's attributes are aren't as good as theirs. Go figure...

As I said, I'd pick the player with the best attributes for the position - but sometimes the high CA players with low attributes still perform well, so I wouldn't be surprised if had at least some weighting. That said, the hidden attributes probably play a big part too and often high PA players have good hidden attributes (except for work rate, lots of the very top regens get 1 for this!).

Bottom line: there's no way to know for sure, so pick the players who perform best for you...

The stars thing is pointless. Had so many players ranked by gold scouts as say three and a half potential that end up going past that level. Better to use your own judgement.