Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Attacking 5-2-1-2 Championship Winning Tactic with Forest

I’m a massive fan of 1 striker and 4 at the back but fancied a change so I played around with a 5-2-1-2 and got instant success with Forest.

The first season in the Championship on FMM 21 is tougher this season in my opinion, with Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth normally hard to beat and finishing top 3, but this tactic got me goals (mainly from my TM, P and SS), a solid defence (normally I would concede at least a goal a game) and only 4 defeats in 46.

My biggest worry was my midfield, I wasn’t sure if using a BBM and an AP would leave me too open in the middle but I already had 2 BBM’s in Yates and Arter and I signed Wilshere on a free for the AP role re-training Freeman as a more central AP.

It’s also worth noting that I re-trained Lolley as an SS and Mighten as a P, both IF’s normally, and both got me 20 goals apiece with Grabban getting me 35.

So, overall, this is a very solid Championship tactic.

0D53D68B-C70F-453F-BF62-5323C2F73CAA.png

D64EC6BC-0F93-4869-ACB9-BF6447FD87BD.png

58D8078F-FF6B-4855-B3F7-B4A337D290EF.png

2B8C9D20-643F-4C41-8926-69918DC4CABE.png

6CA83037-152F-4659-AB73-A1B572B1D876.png

No, only Forest, just finished my first Premier League season using the same tactic, 5th placed finish, of the 9 losses only 2 (Villa and West Ham) were against non “big 6” teams so looks fairly solid so far!

B4CEF137-AB4D-4233-8259-FEEE7E83DF63.png

BFE3CF35-13DD-4A0B-8813-D833DD513BE0.png

14 minutes ago, supersub said:

What tactical style use?

Please have a read through this guide;

Tactical styles are just pre-sets. Aslong as you follow the instructions in the OP, it will not make a blind bit of difference which tactical style you picked at the start. 

Trying this with Birmingham.  Have used 3 CDs though as I'm not sure I have the quality for a Libero. Signed a Poacher and SS to try and boost our goals.

Early days but play is generally breaking down between the WBs and the two centre mids and oppositions get a lot of quick breaks on me that way.  Would having the libero fix that or is the problem just that my WBs aren't up to the job?

11 hours ago, The squeaky blinders said:

Trying this with Birmingham.  Have used 3 CDs though as I'm not sure I have the quality for a Libero. Signed a Poacher and SS to try and boost our goals.

Early days but play is generally breaking down between the WBs and the two centre mids and oppositions get a lot of quick breaks on me that way.  Would having the libero fix that or is the problem just that my WBs aren't up to the job?

I would say the libero is crucial as he fills in the gap between the defence and midfield. The wing backs are also important, I use the new player attribute template search, works very well to ensure you find the right player.

Here’s how I did in season 2 and season 3:-

51359A52-028A-4E50-A439-CBFE50D19C22.png

D2148E32-0252-4BEB-9736-BA515C90E4E3.png

B89A8617-5A1B-4D40-A512-DC246A84757E.png

3DB0731C-5FFB-4EF5-BF35-988219D52D4A.png

Finally done a season with this one.  I'd say very good tactic, defensively solid and creates enough chances to win more than you'll draw. I've done a Birmingham save every year since about FMM2015 and have never gone up automatically in the first season, until now...

Only tweak I made is changing the midfield two to DLP and BWM and dropping the Libero. This was because I was getting overrun in the middle of the park every game which wasn't good for the blood pressure. Chances come from my TM and Poacher getting into wide areas, picking up the ball behind opposition fullbacks (who are caught out because they pressed my WB), and charging inside for a shot or to lay it off to my SS. Scored a fair few from corners too where having three tall centre halves is a bonus.

Transfer wise I just had a policy of selling everyone who had a bad influence on the dressing room (Bela, Sanchez, Toral, Crowley) and looking for players to fit the roles in this 5-2-1-2 system (SS, Poacher, WB). I actually made a profit in transfers which again might be a first for me.

Bottled the league title on the last day despite being more than ten points clear at Christmas.  I think this was a result of my strikers all performing worse in the second half of the season.

IMG_6822.jpeg

IMG_6815.jpeg

IMG_6818.jpeg

IMG_6816.jpeg

IMG_6820.jpeg

IMG_6819.jpeg

IMG_6821.jpeg

21 minutes ago, TheBirdMan said:

Do you guys think this would work with Brentford 

Only one way to find out, have a go with it? If it works, post your results in here so others can see how the tactic plays out. 

27 minutes ago, TheBirdMan said:

I jusimageproxy.php?img=&key=29906ed9e9968481I’m struggling to score goals but I’m first by 6 points and I’m not conceding. I’m literally winning games by 1 goal. Any suggestions on how to fix it

Are you using exactly the same tactic?  One thing I did was ensure that all of my first XI were either 3 star minimum or 2 with a potential of 4-5.  I always use the position template for attributes when searching for the right player for each role.

19 minutes ago, westyorksnffc said:

Are you using exactly the same tactic?  One thing I did was ensure that all of my first XI were either 3 star minimum or 2 with a potential of 4-5.  I always use the position template for attributes when searching for the right player for each role.

I got promoted,I sent some pictures in the chat . We managed to pick up on goals with a few new players coming in. I find it hard to use the position template as finding players within my price range is hard when trying to find unique playstyles

Premier League has been a piece of cake with this tactic as well.  Barely spent any money, got Leo Campana and Troy Parrot on loan deals and Rodon as an upgrade at centre back,  not a goal fest but tight at the back and comfortably top half with 20 games gone.  In previous FMs first PL season with Birmingham was always a slog, this time feels different.