Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat TACTICAL HELP NEEDED

xtatic87

Formation looks very weak in the centre of the pitch imo, and lacking creativity. I'd definitely consider trying to change the BWM to a CM. You would also be better off with a Trequartista at the Cam role from my experience this year, but I could be wrong with your particular formation. If it were me I would probably drop the SS back to the midfield and use an AP role to give you some creativity and better passing options. 

Playing a fast game with such an empty midfield is also risky I think, so I would drop your tempo to balanced atleast, maybe even slow. Lastly, I find through balls to be very unreliable, especially if you are constantly playing teams who play Defensive or Contain for most of the match. I tend to just stick with Shoot on Sight or WiTB and leave the other settings and tweak during the game. If the opponent goes attacking I'll whack on through balls, or if I can't break them down because of their defensive style then I'll use run at defence. 

Take what I have said with a pinch of salt. Just keep trying new things and see what works. Read your match reports too and see what they suggest often (I wouldn't go making changes on 1 off suggestions) 

Edited by Chris

It’s often just a case of trial and error for me. One thing I’d try first with what you’ve got there is to put the passing focus to down both flanks as you only really have the BWM deep centrally in midfield and have both fullbacks and wingers. There’s loads to try though and again it’s just trial and error. Hopefully you can get it working.

I find that poachers don't play well with players in the AM role. DLF I think is often just a better version of the TM role, unless his technical skills are truly awful. Through balls is only really good for specific situations, and I think run at defense is the single best final third instruction this year. Short goalkeeper distribution is also really bad unless you play a defensive midfielder. 

6 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I find that poachers don't play well with players in the AM role. DLF I think is often just a better version of the TM role, unless his technical skills are truly awful. Through balls is only really good for specific situations, and I think run at defense is the single best final third instruction this year. Short goalkeeper distribution is also really bad unless you play a defensive midfielder. 

I thought this until I was creating my 1k tactic and it’s the first time I’ve used a poacher in a long time, I’ve got a no 10 playing as well, but All down to what instructions you give😁

Like others I never use through balls, it just isn’t very effective. As you have two wingers playing, is almost always say work in to box and run at defence.

9 minutes ago, RichD said:

I thought this until I was creating my 1k tactic and it’s the first time I’ve used a poacher in a long time, I’ve got a no 10 playing as well, but All down to what instructions you give😁

Like others I never use through balls, it just isn’t very effective. As you have two wingers playing, is almost always say work in to box and run at defence.

I had a good season with the 4411, but the 10 didn't actually do a whole lot that year (except take shots I didn't want him to take). It's looked more focused since I move the 10 back to a DM, pushed the formation wide, and set the wingers to inverted to get someone in that space who isn't looking to shoot.

6 hours ago, hhooo said:

I had a good season with the 4411, but the 10 didn't actually do a whole lot that year (except take shots I didn't want him to take). It's looked more focused since I move the 10 back to a DM, pushed the formation wide, and set the wingers to inverted to get someone in that space who isn't looking to shoot.

I use to AMC in my 2k and even though they takes a lot of shots, they still assist a lot.

6 hours ago, xtatic87 said:

This is my formation and tactic. I want to keep the formation but can someone help me get the best out of it 

16124591674486995123813311068998.jpg

16124591829547690988441370410129.jpg

16124592008962581146861245892070.jpg

16124592166552631886080240942607.jpg

Midfield looks very unreliable despite having Barella there. Try to change it to CM and both full backs to IWB for more stability in midfield area. Fast tempo is very risky imo. Use slow or balanced. I’m not a big fan of SS, use Trequartista instead. I found them as the best role for lone AMC this year and probably change the strikers to DLF-AF combination 

On 04/02/2021 at 17:37, Chris said:

Formation looks very weak in the centre of the pitch imo, and lacking creativity. I'd definitely consider trying to change the BWM to a CM. You would also be better off with a Trequartista at the Cam role from my experience this year, but I could be wrong with your particular formation. If it were me I would probably drop the SS back to the midfield and use an AP role to give you some creativity and better passing options. 

Playing a fast game with such an empty midfield is also risky I think, so I would drop your tempo to balanced atleast, maybe even slow. Lastly, I find through balls to be very unreliable, especially if you are constantly playing teams who play Defensive or Contain for most of the match. I tend to just stick with Shoot on Sight or WiTB and leave the other settings and tweak during the game. If the opponent goes attacking I'll whack on through balls, or if I can't break them down because of their defensive style then I'll use run at defence. 

Take what I have said with a pinch of salt. Just keep trying new things and see what works. Read your match reports too and see what they suggest often (I wouldn't go making changes on 1 off suggestions) 

Cheers mate maybe this formation is out dated. It used to be unreal back in the day but there is alot more to think about tactically now

39 minutes ago, xtatic87 said:

Cheers mate maybe this formation is out dated. It used to be unreal back in the day but there is alot more to think about tactically now

No worries, but like I say take it with a pinch of salt. I like to try and envision what I want my tactic to do and plan accordingly, but a lot of the time it doesn't as you would expect. Trial and error is your friend. I'm sure you could get that formation working, with the right players of course

There is never a bad formation, exactly what @Chris say, try to envision what you want your players to do and then choose the right tactical roles and right players. Then change from game to game a little, trial and error