Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Advice needed - Stay at CB, or retrain to DM.

Jord536

Picked up Tanguy from Bayern in my 2nd season - £18 million. Probably the best CB in the world. However his stats have developed in such a way, I feel he's being a little bit wasted at CB.

His passing, dribbling, creativity and stamina would be a huge benefit in the middle of the park, I'm interested to hear what you would do?

Leave him be at CB, or move him slightly higher up the pitch?

Thanks 

Screenshot_20211224-141708.png

I actually loaned him from Bayern 3rd & 4th season in my Newcastle save, and mid way through the first season my assistant started suggesting he play CM, which I tried, but he was throwing out terrible performances weeks on end, so I'd keep him at CB if you already have DM options

22 minutes ago, Lagom said:

I actually loaned him from Bayern 3rd & 4th season in my Newcastle save, and mid way through the first season my assistant started suggesting he play CM, which I tried, but he was throwing out terrible performances weeks on end, so I'd keep him at CB if you already have DM options

Yeah I have Kessie and Palinha as options, he seems better than both though and I've got 1 or 2 options at CB to plug the gap, maybe I'll play him as a libero and keep him at CB so he'll still drift forward

Personally, I think if you have the options for another good CB - then play Nianzou as a DM or CM and see how he does. If he puts in a good performance then there is no reason why you shouldn't keep him there, and if he plays terribly just put him back. FM is all about experimenting and making the changes that you see fit.

Edited by DarkNite
Spelling mistake
50 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Depends on your preference. I personally would let him stay as CB. I love CBs with stats of midfields.

I’m the same, love all round players in defence and midfield.

18 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Depends on your preference. I personally would let him stay as CB. I love CBs with stats of midfields.

Yup, I train my fullbacks as wingers/midfielders and CBs as midfielders if I can. I’ll train my midfielders as attacking midfield trequaristas if I can. I pretty much set all my players to emphasize passing and train them in roles that emphasize passing foremost as well.

Edited by Jds2722