Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat About My Tactics

Miki33

First of all,hello everyone.Today I want to talk about something that bothers me.As I said before,I have been following you for a very long time,but I just joined you.(As a member.)

I'm constantly working on tactics.I like this.I test each of my tactics on at least 4 different teams.To reach a clearer result. And of course,this takes a lot of time.I mean,I put a lot of effort into it.

Today, I saw someone posting my tactics on youtube.This made me both happy and disturbed.I am happy because my tactics are shared because they are successful.I am proud of that.The reason I'm uncomfortable is that the don't have my approval and I don't know about this.It also bothered me that they shared it as if it was their own success.

I'm curious about your opinion.
Do you think I shouldn't worry about that?
Or should I voice my complaint about it?

and

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBp6UJCC6lY

While I certainly would like discussion before my forum posts are reformatted into YouTube videos, I do see them linking the forum post crediting you in the description. They have done this in every video on the channel.

While they didn't "share it as if it was their own success", it is low effort content imo. They literally just flicked through menus and added nothing of value. And I do dislike videos that utilise nothing of the video format and could have been done with text on a forum/website.

I would voice my displeasure personally, but I've got no idea how it would work if they refuse to comply. Perhaps some of the lads with more content might shed some light on here?

Edited by Meow

Yeah, I don't like this sort of low effort content much either, especially if they don't make it really clear where they found - but that sort of content exists and it's not always bad. And it's not going to disappear either. 

Many people here on Vibe won't share their their tactics because of this or because of other people using it as their own in challenges etc. I almost always DO share my tactics - sometimes the whole tactic, but often just explaining what I've changed on a previous shared tactic with enough detail that someone could work it out easily enough (if they spend a bit of time to understand it). I like to share so others can learn from it and build on top of it. That's how I learned after all! But I don't like people taking tactics and using them blindly without trying to understand why they work or adding their own ideas. What's the point of playing like that? 

Anyway, my tactics are open to this sort of thing. If this happened to me, it probably wouldn't worry me so much. But that might just be that I'm older and at the end of the day tactics aren't that big of a deal (sorry everyone!). On the other hand if someone copied my scouting app that I spent 3 years building, then I might be pretty upset! :D 

In this case, I'd probably leave a comment on the video saying "Thanks for highlighting my tactic, glad you enjoyed it. Here's a link to the original tactics post and a link to my career where I used it. And please follow me on Vibe | Twitter | whatever if you liked it!". Who knows if that will work, but probably better than doing nothing... 

7 hours ago, Miki33 said:

First of all,hello everyone.Today I want to talk about something that bothers me.As I said before,I have been following you for a very long time,but I just joined you.(As a member.)

I'm constantly working on tactics.I like this.I test each of my tactics on at least 4 different teams.To reach a clearer result. And of course,this takes a lot of time.I mean,I put a lot of effort into it.

Today, I saw someone posting my tactics on youtube.This made me both happy and disturbed.I am happy because my tactics are shared because they are successful.I am proud of that.The reason I'm uncomfortable is that the don't have my approval and I don't know about this.It also bothered me that they shared it as if it was their own success.

I'm curious about your opinion.
Do you think I shouldn't worry about that?
Or should I voice my complaint about it?

and

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBp6UJCC6lY

I understand your frustration as well. There should have been more effort put forth on their part to make sure that you got credit. I would definitely bring it up to a moderator

There have been people sharing the tactic from here on youtube since FMM19 or so.

I once posted/asked about it to. It's no fun but it happens and I'm afraid it won't change 😕

That's understandable. There's no way to make the post so that only members can see it either I'm guessing? I mean, if someone is going to do that there's no way to stop them sadly.

Personally, I'd do what @Scratch suggested and leave a comment, something along the lines of 'Thanks for credit, glad these are working for you' 

4 hours ago, LostHorizons said:

That's understandable. There's no way to make the post so that only members can see it either I'm guessing? I mean, if someone is going to do that there's no way to stop them sadly.

Unfortunately, people searching for tactics and the like on a search engine is what, I'd imagine brings in a great deal of the sites traffic, and results in numerous sign ups over the year. Restricting tactic threads to members only would reduce the traffic to the site by quite some distance. 

1 hour ago, JamesVilla said:

Unfortunately, people searching for tactics and the like on a search engine is what, I'd imagine brings in a great deal of the sites traffic, and results in numerous sign ups over the year. Restricting tactic threads to members only would reduce the traffic to the site by quite some distance. 

Yep totally agree with that - and even if it wasn't going to kill traffic, there'd be no way to know for sure which member had used it (unless they used the same username or something). 

I'm of the opinion it helps people want to buy the game each season if those who struggle know they can get tactics that work.

Basically I'm saying anything that contributes to more people wanting to play it the better.

I'd not be offended if anyone put mine up on YouTube. I'd still know I was the creator.

Edited by Schwantz34
10 hours ago, Lagom said:

Here's your chance to have a conversation...

I read the comments above but i cant understand why you tagged me here . I didnt steal this tactic, i made it from scratch. 

13 hours ago, ManolisIV said:

I read the comments above but i cant understand why you tagged me here . I didnt steal this tactic, i made it from scratch. 

My apologies Manolis, when I clicked your video to view on youtube, it appeared alongside the same account which Miki was talking about in this topic. I have removed the comment

3 hours ago, Lagom said:

My apologies Manolis, when I clicked your video to view on youtube, it appeared alongside the same account which Miki was talking about in this topic. I have removed the comment

Its ok man dont worry :)

On 08/02/2022 at 04:20, ManolisIV said:

What! You made it from me??!! How dare you!!! 🤣

Just to be clear, just joking because you said "from scratch" and I'm Scratch! 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

What! You made it from me??!! How dare you!!! 🤣

Just to be clear, just joking because you said "from scratch" and I'm Scratch! 

Hahaha , i understand it 😂